Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason Mountain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Give us the top 10 teams that will be successfull in football this year.

Here is mine
1)Hazard
2)belfry
3)bell
4)letcher co central
5)p-burg
6)clay co
7)pikeville
8)harlan co
9)williamsburg
10)South Laruel

forgive me for being a little impartial...considerign lcc is in a tough class. This is just for fun, and I have a feeling you guys have a better list.
Id say P-Burg or Bell should be at the top spot! IM gonna to go ahead and predict P-Burg wins the 2A State Championship!
Belfry has been the best team in the mountains the past past 5 years, they return an absolutely loaded team that went 14-1 and was the state runner-up, how do you all not list them at the top?
For the record:
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Breathitt County
4. Johnson Central
5. Letcher Central
6. Hazard
7. Pburg
8. Corbin
9. Rockcastle County
10. South Laurel
1 Bell
2Belfry
3 Hazard
4 Breathitt
5 P-burg
6 Letcher County Central
7 Johnson Central
8 Rockcastle
9 Corbin
10 Clay County
bac2369 Wrote:1 Bell
2Belfry
3 Hazard
4 Breathitt
5 P-burg
6 Letcher County Central
7 Johnson Central
8 Rockcastle
9 Corbin
10 Clay County

I like this one...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the record:
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Breathitt County
4. Johnson Central
5. Letcher Central
6. Hazard
7. Pburg
8. Corbin
9. Rockcastle County
10. South Laurel

This one looks pretty good.
bluegrassballa Wrote:This one looks pretty good.

I dont think letcher or johnson should be in front of hazard
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I dont think letcher or johnson should be in front of hazard

Reasoning of why a very good 1A team should be ranked ahead of these good 5A teams?

I saw both Hazard and Johnson Central in person last year, JC would have beat Hazard by 4-5 TD's at season's end.
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Hazard
4. P-burg
5. Breathitt
6. Letcher Central
7. JC
8. Corbin
9. Rockcastle
10. South Laurel
Here goes my picks.

1. Belfry: The defending state-runner up is looking to finish the job this year with a strong core of players returning. Lee is the next big thing at Pond Creek and Elkins and Varney give some more weapons to a tough team.
2. Bell: The Bobcats are coached by Hilton. That alone is enough to make the top 10, but playing in 4A means the road to Louisville goes thorugh Lex. Catholic. Bell will be as good as anyone when it matters most.
3. Hazard: They might be the best 1A football team in the state, and are definatley the best in the mountains. 1A makes for weaker schedules, but the Bulldogs will be as good as anyone next year.
4. Breathitt Co: Holcomb will have a team full of seasoned players with some good athletes. They will be looking to get that semi-final game taste out of their mouth and will be a tough out come playoffs.
5. Letcher Co. Central: Now this team made a run to the semi-finals last year, but I thought they had a pretty easy road. LCC will be able to not only compete, but possibly dominate the district and region in 5A. The problem is that Ft. Thomas Highlands team will always be waiting in the playoffs. Not saying they can't beat them, but I don't like their odds over an extended period of time.
6. Prestonsburg: The Blackcats are coached by Derossett, but you can't hold that against them. These kids can play and being in what I feel is the weakest class overall 2A they have a chance to make some noise.
7. Johnson Central: The Golden Eagles are a good football team and have more kids to pick from than any school in Eastern KY, but they did take a hit from graduation. Ian Welch may be one of the best athletes in the area, but it will take Matney many more athletes to win in 5A.
8. Sheldon Clark: The Cardinals lost some key players to graduation, but the cupboard is far from empty. They have some talented young athletes that will make them competative in 3A and Hager will be a tough out for anyone who plays them in the playoffs.
9. Clay Co: This one is because they have a stud at QB and will get more coverage than most teams because of it. They might not be the 9th best team, but when he is on they are as good as they come.
10. Harlan Co.: This team ha never been on the field together, yet they make the top 10? Two words. Tom Larkey. He will make them competative and be tough come playoffs. I am going out on a limb and saying that you will see the dreaded Bear-Crawl defense in Harlan Co. nxt year.
1. Belfry- L-O-A-D-E-D
2. Bell Co.- Greer will be good, Zachary should move to QB, and they make you start on the 20 every possesion.
3. Hazard- Can score on anyone. LB is a ?.
4. Letcher Central- Banks keeps the wheels rolling, looking for linemen, though.
5. Prestonsburg- Stable of running backs and LB's back. 2A contender.
6. South Laurel- RICKY BOWLING- Enough said.
7. Breathitt- Fugates good. Not sold on QB or line.
8. Middlesboro- A bunch of seniors who've played since they were sophomores. Hunter Adams is the most underrated QB in the mountains.
9. Clay Co. - Zack Lewis will throw it all over the field, but to who, we don't know. Plus, how does the coaching change affect this team?
10. Johnson Central- Welch has the ability to make you forget about Grimm. If Matney can pull a few studs out of his limitless stable of incoming freshmen, JC could have a big year.
I Rule The World Wrote:1. Belfry- L-O-A-D-E-D
2. Bell Co.- Greer will be good, Zachary should move to QB, and they make you start on the 20 every possesion.
4. Letcher Central- Banks keeps the wheels rolling, looking for linemen, though.
8. Middlesboro- A bunch of seniors who've played since they were sophomores. Hunter Adams is the most underrated QB in the mountains.
9. Clay Co. - Zack Lewis will throw it all over the field, but to who, we don't know. Plus, how does the coaching change affect this team?
10. Johnson Central- Welch has the ability to make you forget about Grimm. If Matney can pull a few studs out of his limitless stable of incoming freshmen, JC could have a big year.

great informations i cant believe i forgot about middlesboro, and i also realized i forgot pulaski county as well.
1 Belfry
2 Bell
3 Hazard
4 Prestonburg
5 Letcher County Central
6 Pulaski County
7 Breathitt County
8 Middlesboro
9 Johnson Central
10 Clay County
bac2369 Wrote:great informations i cant believe i forgot about middlesboro, and i also realized i forgot pulaski county as well.

WOW! I can't believe I forgot Pulaski as well.... QB Chris Muse is one explosive player!
Super-Card Wrote:Here goes my picks.

1. Belfry: The defending state-runner up is looking to finish the job this year with a strong core of players returning. Lee is the next big thing at Pond Creek and Elkins and Varney give some more weapons to a tough team.
2. Bell: The Bobcats are coached by Hilton. That alone is enough to make the top 10, but playing in 4A means the road to Louisville goes thorugh Lex. Catholic. Bell will be as good as anyone when it matters most.
3. Hazard: They might be the best 1A football team in the state, and are definatley the best in the mountains. 1A makes for weaker schedules, but the Bulldogs will be as good as anyone next year.
4. Breathitt Co: Holcomb will have a team full of seasoned players with some good athletes. They will be looking to get that semi-final game taste out of their mouth and will be a tough out come playoffs.
5. Letcher Co. Central: Now this team made a run to the semi-finals last year, but I thought they had a pretty easy road. LCC will be able to not only compete, but possibly dominate the district and region in 5A. The problem is that Ft. Thomas Highlands team will always be waiting in the playoffs. Not saying they can't beat them, but I don't like their odds over an extended period of time.
6. Prestonsburg: The Blackcats are coached by Derossett, but you can't hold that against them. These kids can play and being in what I feel is the weakest class overall 2A they have a chance to make some noise.
7. Johnson Central: The Golden Eagles are a good football team and have more kids to pick from than any school in Eastern KY, but they did take a hit from graduation. Ian Welch may be one of the best athletes in the area, but it will take Matney many more athletes to win in 5A.
8. Sheldon Clark: The Cardinals lost some key players to graduation, but the cupboard is far from empty. They have some talented young athletes that will make them competative in 3A and Hager will be a tough out for anyone who plays them in the playoffs.
9. Clay Co: This one is because they have a stud at QB and will get more coverage than most teams because of it. They might not be the 9th best team, but when he is on they are as good as they come.
10. Harlan Co.: This team ha never been on the field together, yet they make the top 10? Two words. Tom Larkey. He will make them competative and be tough come playoffs. I am going out on a limb and saying that you will see the dreaded Bear-Crawl defense in Harlan Co. nxt year.

Just to clarify...the road wasn't easy to highlands. We earned it by beating a clay co team that was loaded. We played our district and we won our district going undefeated. Not a easy thing to do. We beat clay co at home.

I know I have heard something about UK looking at Clay's QB and I am pretty sure I have seen something in the M'Boro newspaper about UK having some interest in Hunter Adams. I wonder if at Breathitt one of the Fugates will move to QB and they run options a lot?
bac2369 Wrote:1 Bell
2Belfry
3 Hazard
4 Breathitt
5 P-burg
6 Letcher County Central
7 Johnson Central
8 Rockcastle
9 Corbin
10 Clay County

Harlan Co. got Larkey so I thought Rock would take a step back, but he apparently left a strong foundation and his replacement will pick up where he left off. Good Football Throughout the Mountains!
Bell should have a good compliment to Greer, not sure if the kid is still with them haven't heard anything about him in a while, but Dominic Catron was a super middleschool talent and I have a feeling he may open some eyes this year. A full year of High school football adds a lot of experience. And plus the kids in Bell start running Dudley's offense and defense in Pee-Wee so everyone knows the system.

Does anyone know anything about Knox Central?
1)Hazard
2)belfry
3)bell
4)johnson central
5)Breathitt County
6)p-burg
7)clay co
8)South Laruel
9)corbin
10)Middlesboro
1.)Belfry
2.)Bell County
3.)Pulaski County
4.)Johnson Central
5.)Hazard
6.)Breathitt County
7.)Prestonsburg
8.)South Laurel
9.)Letcher Central
10.)Clay County
playboy18 Wrote:1)Hazard
2)belfry
3)bell
4)johnson central
5)Breathitt County
6)p-burg
7)clay co
8)South Laruel
9)corbin
10)Middlesboro

Hazard above Belfry and Bell..... really?

I like this one.
i don't think our lineman will be a issue...it will be our recievers. ben wants to pass, and we lost need recievers to step up and give banks targets to throw. Banks will still run, but ben wants to pass.
My Top Ten

1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Hazard
4. Johnson Central.....(Russell)<- I dont know if we count them as a "mountain team"
5. Pulaski County
6. Breathitt County
7. Prestonsburg
8. South Laurel
9. Letcher Central
10. Clay County

------------
Other Top Teams in the Area

Pikeville
Middlesboro
Estill County
Harlen Co.?

Possible Shockers in the Area
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Sheldon Clark has to be somewhere near the top 10 there going to be better than people think i would say
Yea your right. I knew I forgot someone.
1 Bell County
2 Belfry
3 Breathitt County
4 Hazard
5 Prestonsburg
6 Letcher County Central
7 Johnson Central
8 Rockcastle
9 Clay County
10 Shelby Valley
Real Badman Wrote:My Top Ten

1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Hazard
4. Johnson Central.....(Russell)<- I dont know if we count them as a "mountain team"
5. Pulaski County
6. Breathitt County
7. Prestonsburg
8. South Laurel
9. Letcher Central
10. Clay County

------------
Other Top Teams in the Area

Pikeville
Middlesboro
Estill County
Harlen Co.?

Possible Shockers in the Area
Shelby Valley
East Ridge

East Ridge as a possible shocker? The only thing that will be shocking about East Ridge is if they win a game this year.

I like Zachary from Bell Co as QB. This looks good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7