Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Letcher Cougars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just talked to the coach of whitesburg middle school, and he said that that they are consolidating west whitesburg with cowan, becham bates, and arlie boggs to form west letcher cougars. He said he has a schedule and as soon as he gets it finaized as far as the dates he will give me a copy.
[quote=cougarpride08]I just talked to the coach of whitesburg middle school, and he said that that they are consolidating west whitesburg with cowan, becham bates, and arlie boggs to form west letcher cougars. He said he has a schedule and as soon as he gets it finaized as far as the dates he will give me a copy.[/QUOTE

New Harlan came to Letcher county last year and played and I thought for sure we played West Letcher, I remember the team had a big kid I think they called Rhino? Is this a different team than what you are talking about? Please help me clear up my confusion.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I just talked to the coach of whitesburg middle school, and he said that that they are consolidating west whitesburg with cowan, becham bates, and arlie boggs to form west letcher cougars. He said he has a schedule and as soon as he gets it finaized as far as the dates he will give me a copy.

Sorry! Now that I have thought about it, I believe it was East Letcher they played.
west letcher cougars are now a consolidated team. All the kids that played on the west letcher cougars last year have joined with whitesburg middle school football team. There is no longer west whitesburg middle school football team. Our first game is at clark county middle school, then we go to sebestan middle school. The rest of the schedule I will have to get from the coach. I talked to him for like 30 minuetes in wal mart. He said when he get times and dates he will give them to me, and I will post them.
I THink, not 100% positive, that New Harlan Patriots had Whitesburg as a home game this year. I hope that this consolidated team will make the trip?! How many schools will make up this consolidated team? This should be a great game.

It was East Letcher that we played last year over in Fleming Neon. Perhaps this is who we have the home game with this year and I am confused. IT happens ..Big Grin
4 i think...i am getting the complete schedule by next week...coach has them on deap period this week, but I am going to call him this week, and see if he has it..
Does this school have a 5/6th grade team?
if so would they be interested in playing at the Operation unite Bowl at Leslie Co this fall. i am in search of a team to play. We have a 5/6th grade team at Russell. we will be there and still need an opponent. if anyone is interested in playing please contact me or the Operation Unite Bowl director on here. look for the post for the Unite Bowl.
you can contact terry howard at mailto:terry.howard@letcher.kyschools.us

don't know for sure how much of a schedule he has..