Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Slone, UK may be good fit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a nice article on Landon Slone out of the Lexington Herald Leader.

LOUISVILLE — This much Wildcats fans know: With the departures of Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford, Kentucky is in desperate need of a scorer at the guard positions.
The question: Who will fill their shoes?
Jodie Meeks is the obvious answer, but given last year's injuries, health concerns are obviously an issue. Michael Porter is a serviceable point guard, but he's unlikely to put up 15 points on a nightly basis.
Recruits Darius Miller and *DeAndre Liggins and junior-college transfer Kevin Galloway seem to be viable candidates, but because one (Miller) is known more as a swing player and another (Liggins) has yet to qualify academically, nothing is for sure.
What does all that mean for incoming Kentucky walk-on Landon Slone?
An opportunity.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/430021.html
Nice article! I think Landon will contribute alot as a walk-on in his freshman season!
Nice article. Theres not much depth at the guard position so if someone gets hurt Slone could get some good minutes.
Great article..and the reason Ive always said that Landon could play at UK, there arent very many pure shooters in college, and Landon is a pure shooter..if everybody would quit putting so much emphasis on 4 and 5 star players and recruit players that make everybody around them better, then this team would be much better off. Dont get me wrong, we need great players, but theres more to recruiting than "well this guy is a 4 star and this guy is a 5 star". Im excited about the future of UK basketball..
Nice article, I hope that he can contribute right away for the Wildcats!
That was an excellent article. I've talked to Landon a few times since hes been in Lexington which yesterday made a week. He told me that their first game will be November 14th when they take on VMI. Then the second game they will travel Chapel Hill to take on UNC. Hopefully he has some great performances this weekend at the KY/IND games and would love to see him contribute for UK! Love ya buddy.
I hope he gets a chance to play and show some people up but as of right now I just dont see it happening.
Great Article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Of Luck Landon!
Best of luck Landon.
Yeah we all know he can come in and score, but he won't be able to guard the oppsing team's starting guard if someone was to get hurt and he was put in. Slone could have a good career at UK, heck, he could even become a starter, but right now his expectations are set kind of low.
Nice article, I think he will do good at UK.
Good read, I think Landon will play anywhere from 1-6 minutes per game, I think he will play more than most expect.
good luck i hope he gets some PT.
We all know the kid can shoot....he didnt get that way over night, so I'm sure his D is better than most people give him credit....He's a hard worker....We all can speculate here behind the key board....So congrats Landon you deserve it....
Very good piece, and very true.