Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Derrick Jasper Transfers from Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jasper has officially transferred from UK, a bright side to this is that it opens up another scholarship for next season, so now we can push harder for other players in the '09 class other than the likes of Daniel Orton and John Wall.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/19424864.html
This is great news IMO!
Well, it was a matter of time before this happened. But oh well, that opens up a spot for a much better player!!
This is what I was hopeing for since he made it public about the transfer possiblity. IMO, BCG will fill this spot with a better player.
You will wish you had him next year.
I'm sad that he is leaving but if that is what he wants then it is for the best.
Kind of breaks my heart to see him leave cause you don't see a player like him everyday he is very unselfish with the ball and really doesn't want to score he lets others score before him.
HawksRule Wrote:Kind of breaks my heart to see him leave cause you don't see a player like him everyday he is very unselfish with the ball and really doesn't want to score he lets others score before him.

He is not a scorer and thats where he hurt Uk this year. When we needed a score we had to put it all on crawford and bradley or patterson. He was afraid to shoot and was no offensive threat whatsoever.
I wish him luck, not sure if he had the talent to be at UK. But I don't want to hate on him either he had some knee problems that hurt his game.
Money Maker Wrote:He is not a scorer and thats where he hurt Uk this year. When we needed a score we had to put it all on crawford and bradley or patterson. He was afraid to shoot and was no offensive threat whatsoever.

Good point. But I still hate to see him go.
Dont matter if he was a scorer or not in my opinion with Jasper gone looks like UK will have another loosing season, and another beat down by Louisville, I have always loved Kentucky basketball, but seems the program is starting to fall apart.
former_cards_player02 Wrote:Dont matter if he was a scorer or not in my opinion with Jasper gone looks like UK will have another loosing season, and another beat down by Louisville, I have always loved Kentucky basketball, but seems the program is starting to fall apart.

Other than you spelled losing wrong, UK hasn't had a losing season in many years, and the program is on the rise rather than falling apart, your post makes sense lol...

I didn't want Jasper to leave, but he will be replaced by a better player.
Never want to keep a guy who doesn't want to be there.
Its about **** time. He was hurting us more than helping, with taking so long to decide.
former_cards_player02 Wrote:Dont matter if he was a scorer or not in my opinion with Jasper gone looks like UK will have another loosing season, and another beat down by Louisville, I have always loved Kentucky basketball, but seems the program is starting to fall apart.

Falling apart? Falling apart? :thatsfunn Are you serious? If you havent been keeping up with UK basketball as of late, UK's on the rise to where we once stood. Mark this down, UK will win its 8th championship within the next 3 years. Wink
No way Loserville will be us this year. Basketball or Football.

Beat down by Louisville?? Wow, that is funny right there man.
who want someone that (can't) score
im glad to see him go
Great news to hear IMO. BCG should be able to get a much better player with this extra scholarship.
Hey Jasper...SEE YA

No player is bigger than the program...KY will be fine in time
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Hey Jasper...SEE YA

The irony lol.
Anyone know where he is transfering to?
MVP2 Wrote:Anyone know where he is transfering to?

The word is that he will be transferring to UNLV. Wish him nothing but luck but we now have another scholarship so Gillispie will indeed go on the trail.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Hey Jasper...SEE YA

I don't think he thought he was bigger than the program, and I would say there is a lot more to it than what anybody knows. He will be missed, but I am sure he can be replaced as well, especially on the scoring end. Having a guard who can lead a game in rebounds is a big plus no matter what program it is.
Im with former_cards_player02 on this one. It will be a beatdown by Louisville and I will love every minute of it. As far as the losing season goes, no UK hasnt had one since 89 but last season could almost be considered a losing season, seeing as how they lost to Gardner Webb and some other sorry teams that they should never lose to. Like I have told many other people on here and around where I live, I hope wherever he goes that he gets the opportunity to play against UK in the near future and show some of the idiotic UK fans what they are missing and what they said and are still saying about him is wrong. I wish him nothing but the best in whatever he does.