Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middle School Football 08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, who will be the best teams and players in the upcoming 08 season?
With teams getting to play teams outside their ares this year it may help with this question. Ashland playing Belfry, Russell playing Ashland, Russell playing Raceland, Raceland playing other schools. Yea I know it means little if you beat a team and this team lost to this team then this team will beat this team scenerio, I am just saying teams are playing other teams in the area for the first time and this will be good for all.
I know that this year Russell 5/6th grade will play, Harlan, Belfry, Bracken and someone else at the Leslie Co. Bowl day- Unite Bowl. Playing other school will be good for the team.
I think that every body got a little taste of what whitesburg middle has.Now that they have combined look out.
Remember the name cody conn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have no clue, please fill me in on Whitesburg and Cody Conn, what grade is he in and so on...
I haven't been around enough to really know what kind of team the New Harlan Patriots will have. They should be pretty good with the talent they are getting from the 6th grade, but Tucker Lewis #19 one of the Top Middle School Linebackers in the Mountains! He is also turning into a pretty good running back.
Ive heard Betsy Layne is going to be pretty good.
Paintsville should be a good team
They have a new coach John Doug Miller
The kids that are gonna be 8th graders went 10-0 there 6th grade year.
Matt Daniels should be QB, Brooks Pelphrey HB, Trevor Tiller RB,WR,QB (If he plays). Paintsville has some good talent. There returning a good line to.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Paintsville should be a good team
They have a new coach John Doug Miller
The kids that are gonna be 8th graders went 10-0 there 6th grade year.
Matt Daniels should be QB, Brooks Pelphrey HB, Trevor Tiller RB,WR,QB (If he plays). Paintsville has some good talent. There returning a good line to.

For Defence Pelphrey LB,DE,SS, Daniels will be corner back. Tiller will be corner back.Joe Goggans LT,or RT. Some big strong 7th graders will be coming up. Juwan Mayes DB, RB, Damion Belcher,LB,FB,DL.Paintsville should have a prety good bunch of kids this year.
Watch out for travis roberts for pike central this kid is quick.
Patriot Wrote:I haven't been around enough to really know what kind of team the New Harlan Patriots will have. They should be pretty good with the talent they are getting from the 6th grade, but Tucker Lewis #19 one of the Top Middle School Linebackers in the Mountains! He is also turning into a pretty good running back.

I seen the Lewis kid play last year as a 7th grader and he is one heck of a linebacker.The future looks real good for the Da Bears.
I'd take New Harlan against anyone in the mountains.
From what I hear the New Harlan Patriots will be an even better team then they were last year when they won a championship!
Patriot Wrote:From what I hear the New Harlan Patriots will be an even better team then they were last year when they won a championship!

I cant wait to see them play.
West letcher cougars...With Whitesburg middle, and west side team combing, they will be tough. First two games are at clark county middle school, and at sebestian middle school in jackson. They will have one of the toughes schedules in the moutains.
Patriot Wrote:From what I hear the New Harlan Patriots will be an even better team then they were last year when they won a championship!

Just curious but what championship did new harlan win last year. I think it was Perry County's team that won it with Whitesburg middle school coming in second.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Just curious but what championship did new harlan win last year. I think it was Perry County's team that won it with Whitesburg middle school coming in second.

New Harlan's 5th/6th and their 7th/8th claimed the championship last year.

CVC (Cumberland Valley Conference)

Consisted of Cumberland, Evarts, Jonesville, VA, Pennington Gap, VA., Leslie Co., New Harlan Patriots
Here's our schedule:

7/8 Grade New Harlan Patriots 2008 Football

August 16 Grid-O-Rama Home
August 21 *Cumberland (DH) Home
August 28 *Pennington Gap (DH) Away
September 4 Whitesburg(DH) ome
September11 *Leslie Co. (DH) Away
September 20 Whitley Co. at Bell Co. Away
September 23 *Evarts (DH) Home
October 2 Knox CO. (DH) Away
October 4 Belfry at Leslie Co. Away
October 9 Leslie Co (DH) Home
October 16 Knox Co. Home

So who wants to tell me about this Whitesburg team?Big Grin We came over there year before last and won, but it was a tough game.

* Conference Games
(DH) Double header
Mama Bear Wrote:Here's our schedule:

7/8 Grade New Harlan Patriots 2008 Football

August 16 Grid-O-Rama Home
August 21 *Cumberland (DH) Home
August 28 *Pennington Gap (DH) Away
September 4 Whitesburg(DH) ome
September11 *Leslie Co. (DH) Away
September 20 Whitley Co. at Bell Co. Away
September 23 *Evarts (DH) Home
October 2 Knox CO. (DH) Away
October 4 Belfry at Leslie Co. Away
October 9 Leslie Co (DH) Home
October 16 Knox Co. Home

So who wants to tell me about this Whitesburg team?Big Grin We came over there year before last and won, but it was a tough game.

* Conference Games
(DH) Double header

Looks like we could start a regular series with Knox and Leslie.
Patriot Wrote:Looks like we could start a regular series with Knox and Leslie.

Leslie is in our conference. Knox Co. will be a tough game. Remember how big those boys were Patriot? That promises to be a good game again this year. I do believe that we will be bigger than last year though. The boys are learning the high school's defense and it is awesome. I hope it isn't too complicated for them.
Mama Bear Wrote:Leslie is in our conference. Knox Co. will be a tough game. Remember how big those boys were Patriot? That promises to be a good game again this year. I do believe that we will be bigger than last year though. The boys are learning the high school's defense and it is awesome. I hope it isn't too complicated for them.

I got to see the high school practice today.WoW there was alot of hittin going on.That defence they run is crazy they were flying all over the field.I love it. i hope your Jr. high team can run it.its going to make some long games for some teams.:rockon:
Quote:flying

You ain't kiddin!:eek:
Mama Bear Wrote:You ain't kiddin!:eek:

Yep, i seen the Green kid jump over the line to make a hit on the RB. i was like WOW!!!!!!!
Green is going to be very good.
jive75 Wrote:Watch out for travis roberts for pike central this kid is quick.

I agree, Roberts is very fast and quick he is very versatile but also Pike Central middle has a good defense. They are a very fast defense with good linebackers and d-ends!!!
I think Betsy Layne's 8th graders this year are going to be pretty good. They have Dylan Hamilton, who is just a great all around athlete. Other 8th graders are Chase Hall, Blake Spencer, and others that I just cannot think of their names.+
Never count Adams Middle school...they are always tough.
There 2 quick for there competition !
Watch out for the big orange......Central Middle
Grayson county is undefeated for 2008 season. Lots of talent!
PATS is the best in the state probably. Best DE #82, LB #19, DL #70/#21, DB #2. I have seen them play against LCC, JCMS, KCMS, and LCMS last game of the season. #2 had a great game that game against Leslie, also #82 was out for somebody. JCMS game.......#19 was a beast! Best DB in the state goes to #2, best DE #82, best LB #19, and best DL the one from JCMS was a tough cat.
Pages: 1 2