Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ex-Mayo confidant says he gave USC star gifts including TV, cash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former USC basketball player O.J. Mayo, a projected lottery pick in this year's NBA draft, received thousands of dollars in cash, clothes and other benefits in apparent violation of NCAA rules while he was still in high school and during his one year in college, a former Mayo associate told ESPN's "Outside the Lines."

Louis Johnson, who was a part of Mayo's inner circle until recently, said Mayo accepted around $30,000 in cash and gifts during the past four years from Rodney Guillory, a 43-year-old Los Angeles event promoter. In addition to cash, the gifts included a flat-screen television for Mayo's dorm room, cell phone service, a hotel room, clothes, meals and airline tickets for Mayo's friends and a relative, according to Johnson, others with knowledge of the gifts and store receipts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3390695
This is real hard to believe Smile
1st Reggie Bush and now Mayo. No wonder USC is always good.
And everyone wondered why USC all of a sudden started getting awesome basketball players. I hope the NCAA lays the hammer to USC on this one.
Doesn't really surprise me ever since Mayo apparently accepted Denver Nuggets tickets from Carmelo Anthony. I agree with Nubb16 the NCAA really needs to look into this case.