Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KCU Joins NAIA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well thats good news to hear. Will they be in the same Conference as Pikeville and ALC?
This is mostly a move for football. I don't know that they will be joining a conference for basketball, but I do think they will have dual affiliation with NAIA and NCCAA. They will join the Mid-South Conference for football in 2009.
KCU82 Wrote:This is mostly a move for football. I don't know that they will be joining a conference for basketball, but I do think they will have dual affiliation with NAIA and NCCAA. They will join the Mid-South Conference for football in 2009.

Thats a tough conference to be in, IMO.
Only way to go is up and that is a great thing for KCU.
KCU will have a rough time in their first season in the Mid-South. Will they be playing a J.V. schedule next year? I know a lot of teams start out with that and gradually move into the regular swing of things the next year.

PC, G-town, Campbellsville, and a few more teams in that conference have really solitified themselves as being contenders. G-town obviously the front-runner almost every year. Good Luck KCU!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:KCU will have a rough time in their first season in the Mid-South. Will they be playing a J.V. schedule next year? I know a lot of teams start out with that and gradually move into the regular swing of things the next year.

PC, G-town, Campbellsville, and a few more teams in that conference have really solitified themselves as being contenders. G-town obviously the front-runner almost every year. Good Luck KCU!

KCU played three JV and three varsity games last year. They were 2 and 1 in the JV games, and 0 and 3 in the varsity games.

This season will feature a few games with Mid-South schools, and 2009 will feature the full conference schedule. They do play Pikeville and Georgetown this year, as well as U. Va. Wise. Obviously it is going to take a while to get competitive in that conference, but they are recruiting some decent athletes.