Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Freshman Mike Williams to Transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Freshman 7-footer Mike Williams to seek transfer...

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/18811784.html
He has been granted his full release, I hope he does well where ever he ends up.
I wish we could have seen how good he really was.
This is probably best for both parties, UK and Williams. Now we get to use that scholarship on a player that can make more of an impact, and he gets to go somewhere he can get more playing time.

Now, our scholarships for next year look like this:

Seniors: Carter
Juniors: Meeks, Stevenson, Porter, Harris, Galloway, Jasper (possibly gone?)
Sophs: Patterson, Stewart, Harrelson
Freshmen: Miller, Liggins

So, it looks like even if Jasper stays we still have a scholarship left, two if he leaves. Wonder if Billy G still has another ace up his sleeve?
More Cowbell Wrote:This is probably best for both parties, UK and Williams. Now we get to use that scholarship on a player that can make more of an impact, and he gets to go somewhere he can get more playing time.

So, it looks like even if Jasper stays we still have a scholarship left, two if he leaves. Wonder if Billy G still has another ace up his sleeve?

I heard Carter may be gone as well.
I hope Carter does leave, and I actually could care less about Jasper staying or leaving. We can find kids anywhere who can play defense and throw up 5 points and 4 assists while grabbing 5 rebounds a game.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I hope Carter does leave, and I actually could care less about Jasper staying or leaving. We can find kids anywhere who can play defense and throw up 5 points and 4 assists while grabbing 5 rebounds a game.
Yea thats what im saying. :Thumbs:
The awesome thing if Carter left we wouldn't have any Seniors meaning everyone would return the next year as well if they decided not to go pro.
I will help Mike Williams move myself if he needs it. The most worthless recruit I have seen in awhile. Way to go Tubby! You really got a superstar with him!
[quote=blackcat_student]Freshman 7-footer Mike Williams to seek transfer.[QUOTE]

Tubby like those 7 footers, and the one he recruited never turned out to be any good. Lukasz Orbzut was the best out of himself, Shigari Alleyne, and Mike Williams. And that is not saying a whole lot...LOL...
More Cowbell Wrote:This is probably best for both parties, UK and Williams. Now we get to use that scholarship on a player that can make more of an impact, and he gets to go somewhere he can get more playing time.

I think theres more sophmores then that.
HawksRule Wrote:I think theres more sophmores then that.

Who are you thinking of? There were 4 scholarship freshmen at the start of this past season. Since then, Legion quit and Williams is apparently leaving too. That leaves Patterson and Stewart as returnees, and Josh Harrelson will be joing them next year with three seasons of eligibility remaining.

So yep, that's it. Big Grin
Let him and Wasper leave, we will find 2 players to play
TRAIN85 Wrote:I heard Carter may be gone as well.
Lets hope so. Smile
I bet he could get some pt at a smaller school.. I hope uk's next 7'er work out better than the last few
Homer Simpson Wrote:I bet he could get some pt at a smaller school.. I hope uk's next 7'er work out better than the last few
I dont think they can get worse. Smile
if so all I have to say is THANK GOD