Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: "Operation Unite Bowl"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Operation Unite Bowl"
Saturday October 4th 2008
Leslie Co. High School

10:00 AM- Leslie Co. vs. Clay Co.

12:00 - Herald Whitaker( Magoffin Co.) vs. Hazard

2:00 PM- Knox Middle vs. Meece Middle(Somerset)

4:00 PM- Belfry (8th) vs. New Harlan (Harlan Co.)

6:00 PM- Martin Co. vs. Whitley Co.

Should Be an Excellent Day of Football with some of the best football programs in the Mountains. Everyone come out and enjoy a great day of football with 4 different conferences represented.
I have just recently came across this site and am so excited to find it. My boys play for the New Harlan Patriots and we are so excited about participating in this Bowl Game! This really should be a great day of Middle School Football! We appreciate the invite.
Mama Bear Wrote:I have just recently came across this site and am so excited to find it. My boys play for the New Harlan Patriots and we are so excited about participating in this Bowl Game! This really should be a great day of Middle School Football! We appreciate the invite.

Welcome to our site, hope you have a great time.

Go and introduce yourself to our site...
http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19
Hey any luck finding us a team to play that Saturday night?? We play Belfry and Harlan Co. already on our schedule. I hope that another team is available.
I Rule The World Wrote: "Operation Unite Bowl"
Saturday October 4th 2008
Leslie Co. High School

10:00 AM- Leslie Co. vs. Clay Co.

12:00 - Herald Whitaker( Magoffin Co.) vs. Hazard

2:00 PM- Knox Middle vs. Meece Middle(Somerset)

4:00 PM- Belfry (8th) vs. New Harlan (Harlan Co.)

6:00 PM- Martin Co. vs. Whitley Co.

Should Be an Excellent Day of Football with some of the best football programs in the Mountains. Everyone come out and enjoy a great day of football with 4 different conferences represented.

It's great to see most of Eastern KY represented in this bowl!
How about this West Letcher Co. 5/6th grade team if they have one. We are still in need of an opponent for the UNITE BOWL. Is this possible.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:How about this West Letcher Co. 5/6th grade team if they have one. We are still in need of an opponent for the UNITE BOWL. Is this possible.

The New Harlan Patriots 7th&8th are playing in the bowl, not real sure what the 5th&6th are doing though. You may look into it. Mama Bear would know.
Harlan is traveling to Russell to play our 5/6th team earlier in the season, we want to play someone else if we come to the BOWL. No hard feelings just want my kids to play other teams .. thats all. HEY try coming up to the game this fall if you can. I bet it will be a great game.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Harlan is traveling to Russell to play our 5/6th team earlier in the season, we want to play someone else if we come to the BOWL. No hard feelings just want my kids to play other teams .. thats all. HEY try coming up to the game this fall if you can. I bet it will be a great game.

I don't plan on missing a game. I have two nephews that play. One for the 5/6 the other 7/8th. I love it! How long do you think it would take to get from Harlan to Russell? Never been there that I can remember.
We are 5 minutes past Ashland on North route 23. Easy to get to the field and high school. So look at Ashland and then keep going north on 23. Google for directions and search for Russell High School. Google map willwork and you can look at the different views and see the way to the school.
South Laurel 6th grade would love to play in the bowl if they could.
Hey I dont think we have an opponent yet for the Unite Bowl, That would work out good for us too. Ask I RULE THE WORLD if he can schedule us to play each other. I am the coach of the 5/6th grade team because we have both 5th and 6th graders on the team. Curently we only have 18 kids signed up to play. We have a small class in the 5/6th grade team and we knew that numbers would be down. BUT we will play with whoever shows up. Like I said before on here we have no 7th graders, we have no kids that have failed and should be in the 7th. All of our kids are 5th and 6th graders.
I will keep a roster of kids with a letter from the school with the listed grades. I think every coach should have such a roster from the school.
BVUT anyway, contact I rule the world and see if we still do not have an opponent, We plan on playing but have yet to find out who.
I rule the world,

Is there any way we can make this happen? For us to play Russell in the UNITE Bowl.
Hey who is US, and I dont care who we play as long as they are 5/6th graders. We love football, and love good competition. I just found out that that Harlan independent and the new Harlan Patriots appear to be differnt schools?????
Can someone please clear the air on this one.
We play Harlan Independent at our field this year but we still need to pick up an opponent for the UNITE BOWL.

Anyone intersted in a 5th/6th grade game.???
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Hey who is US, and I dont care who we play as long as they are 5/6th graders. We love football, and love good competition. I just found out that that Harlan independent and the new Harlan Patriots appear to be differnt schools?????
Can someone please clear the air on this one.
We play Harlan Independent at our field this year but we still need to pick up an opponent for the UNITE BOWL.

Anyone intersted in a 5th/6th grade game.???

I think you play New Harlan Patriots. You could ask Mama Bear or Patriot.I was looking at there posts and it looks like you are playing them. i could be wrong.
DaBears Wrote:I think you play New Harlan Patriots. You could ask Mama Bear or Patriot.I was looking at there posts and it looks like you are playing them. i could be wrong.

We don't have Russell on our schedule. I wish we did. They are playing the city school. Perhaps they can arrange to play us at the Unite Bowl.
As far as I know we are playing the 8pm game that night but I have yet to be given an opponent. So somebody fill in the blank. Just remember we are small in numbers right now and we have 5/6th graders on the team . Other than that lets play some football.
I hear that Russell 5/6th is playing Harlan County at 8pm at the Operation Unite Bowl.
Can someone send me confirmation on this???
Thanks
That would make a lot of sense. I had a scheduled emailed to me but couldn't get it to open. Looks like Mama Bear will have to answer this one.
Send it to me in IM I guess.