Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jon Hood Commits to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2009 #7 ranked SG per Rivals commits to UK tonight. Nice pick up.
This is awesome news! I had been hoping we would land him for a long time now...
Very nice pick-up, its also nice to see that Gillispie isn't letting the in-state kids getaway.

Hood's profile...
http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect...._key=69479
hood will most likey be Mr. Basktball next season and a great shooter and its great news that he will be wearing the blue and white. Billy Clyde is keeping the best players in state something that Tubby could not do. In case you ' re wondering Hood and his Madisonville team will be playing in the Fast Fane Classic in late November at Sheldon Clark. Can't wait to see him play again.:thumpsup:
Gillispie is on a roll! I had read some reports that Hood was wanting to go to Duke but Im glad he chose UK. Great commit for the Cats.
Keep it up BCG
This is a huge pickup for UK next season. Keep em coming Coach!
My favorite pickup since the Billy G. era landed at Kentucky!
Great pick up for UK!!
Now we have a great coach and great recruiter. Glad to see we got Hood.
Billy Clyde is a recruiting machine...For the first time in 10 years I feel like UK will be a conender for the title in the future...
How can anyone bash Coach G now? I mean we haven't seen recruiting like this in Kentucky basketball history. Just this week alone, he has received verbals from 4 5 star players and a 4 star player. Was reading on Catspause yesterday where Kentucky is in the hunt for a 5 star athlete for another 2009 player. Things are changing at UK folks. Sad thing is, Coach G is going to have recruiting finished up for the next 4 years and I will have nothing to follow on a daily basis. Funny thing is, Coach G mentioned that in a couple of years, UK would have 13 all american scholarship players and 13 all americans waiting to graduate high school to fill in when the other 13 graduate college. I thought he was kidding, but obviously not.
I am not big on Hood but maybe he will turn out to be agood for us. Still it is a good pickup for 09'.
Next season may be a little bit of a stepping stone, but man starting with that 2009 class, UK will be stacked year in and year out.
I hope he pans out and gives the Cats a much needed shooter.
Great Pick-up! Expect this kid to shoot up in the rankings! Way to go BCG!