Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Jr. High Spring Practice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville started its first annual Jr. High spring practice yesterday and they had 30 kids or more participate. It is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders as of their grade at this present time. I think it went really well and is something new that we needed to start. This is not mandatory and some kids didn't come because of baseball and this is why the nuber aren't as good as they should be once the season starts. All in all we saw some good stuff. If you know any kids in these three grades that want to play football, please send them to Pikeville's locker room Thursday evening at 6 PM.
This is great, do you guys just set a number of days and go with it. I guess we are not limited by KHSAA on this are we? Just wondering. i would be hard to do at Russell becasue we have 150 kids in baseball and about 50 in middle school track during the same time.
Hey dont get me wrong I think it is a great idea and wold love to see it work here too.
I don't think it is limited on time, but we decided to do it like the high schools spring practice. 8 practices over 12 days is how we are doing it. We should have more on Thursday now that middle school baseball is over.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:This is great, do you guys just set a number of days and go with it. I guess we are not limited by KHSAA on this are we? Just wondering. i would be hard to do at Russell becasue we have 150 kids in baseball and about 50 in middle school track during the same time.
Hey dont get me wrong I think it is a great idea and wold love to see it work here too.

Thats why you work around the schedule and have spring practices and there schedule.
Pikeville's jr high doesn't have near as many people as they did for spring practice.

10 or 15 didn't show up any after spring practice