Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: J.R Hammonds new coach at Alice Lloyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone I was reading in the newspaper the other day and I seen where former Sheldon Clark Basketball coach J.R Hammonds signed to be the new coach at Alice Loyd College, which should be able to pick up some good local mountain talent, good luck J.R we will be pulling for you.
Gary Stepp is now the assistant coach at ALC as well.
I am extremely happy with J.R. Hammond. I think thats were im going to college at and I believe just having him done there will bring a new presence to the campus.
former_cards_player02 Wrote:Hey everyone I was reading in the newspaper the other day and I seen where former Sheldon Clark Basketball coach J.R Hammonds signed to be the new coach at Alice Loyd College, which should be able to pick up some good local mountain talent, good luck J.R we will be pulling for you.

Has he or the previous coach signed anyone yet & if so anyone in the mountains?
Yes, according to WYMT last week Coach Hammond signed Justin Hobbs and just tonight he signed Garfield Wilson. Looks like he is going to recruit hard in the mountains.
bleedblue tell us a little about Hobbs & Wilson
If I heard right on WYMT Garfield Wilson is from Cumberland and I believe he averaged a double double in points and rebounds, very athletic player. Hammonds has signed some nice talent since he's been hired. Barring any current player transferring or quitting, ALC returns some talent next season, couple that with these new additions they may take the KIAC.
J.R. hammond is a terrible coach. He couldnt win at the high school level and he wont be able to win at the college level. Alice Lloyd Colleges only chance at winning would be to drop to the nccaa and take Kentucky Christians place who just jumped to NAIA. ALC made a huge mistake letting Gary Gibson go he was as good as ALC could do as far as a coach goes.
KIAC is a joke! There are some high school teams that could win that conference.