Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chris Lofton plays through Cancer...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UT guard, Chris Lofton played his senior season at Tennessee while he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. The Maysville, Kentucky native found out about the tumor while taking a random drug test before last years matchup with Ohio State during the NCAA tournament. The only reason he didn't want to make it public was because he didn't want to use it as an excuse.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?id=3376961
WOW and still like at the season he had.
Amazing story!! I don't even have anything to put into words about this. I admire his never give up attitude and wish him the best for his future in basketball.
Great ending.
Every team in every sport needs a Chris Lofton. Lofton is a class act, a hard worker, and will be successful in whatever he does after basketball. I admire and respect him, and wish him the best.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Every team in every sport needs a Chris Lofton. Lofton is a class act, a hard worker, and will be successful in whatever he does after basketball. I admire and respect him, and wish him the best.

true
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Every team in every sport needs a Chris Lofton. Lofton is a class act, a hard worker, and will be successful in whatever he does after basketball. I admire and respect him, and wish him the best.

Totally agree man. Nothing but respect for Chris Lofton and hope he has a succesful career.
Wow, what a fighter.
I admire him and his hard work!
I have never, and will never root for Tennessee, but I always found myself rooting for Lofton. He didn't "turn on UK," UK was never interested to begin with (which is a completely different topic). You knew he had heart and determination watching him play, but after finding this out...WOW! And to think it happened because he was picked at random for a drug test. What are the odds? This guy has earned even more respect from me. What a warrior! I wish him nothing but the best of luck in whatever career path he chooses.

LIVESTRONG Chris
Good luck to Chris, Hope everything turns out for the best!!!
A lot of admiration for this young man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!