Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paul McCoy signs with SMU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really wanted Kentucky to get this guy.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=5956
That was a dumb call by him, should have just went to ALC.
I dont call this a dumb move on his part. He realizes what it will be like to play for UK and gillispie and that he probably wouldnt play much anyway so he went elsewhere. Smart move and I wish him well.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I dont call this a dumb move on his part. He realizes what it will be like to play for UK and gillispie and that he probably wouldnt play much anyway so he went elsewhere. Smart move and I wish him well.
Why wouldnt he play? We dont have a PG.
Well for one thing, nothing has been confirmed about Jasper leaving so he is still there until something is officially announced. Another thing, UK has plenty of guards who could most likely make the transition to pg, especially when you consider that gillispie likes to play players out of position like he did Jasper. If Jasper does officially transfer, I am sure that Meeks or even Miller could play point.
Jasper never was a PG, not only in my mind, but in a lot of people's minds, including Gillispie. Jasper doesn't get the big shots this year if he's playing point. He played point under Tubby, and did a good job, but he did a much better job as a "team player" when he played the 3. Meeks will not play point under Gillispie, nor will Miller. Galloway and Liggins will be the 2 playing for the PG position next season. I wish I could say McCoy will be playing for it too, but oh well. I wish him luck.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Jasper never was a PG, not only in my mind, but in a lot of people's minds, including Gillispie. Jasper doesn't get the big shots this year if he's playing point. He played point under Tubby, and did a good job, but he did a much better job as a "team player" when he played the 3. Meeks will not play point under Gillispie, nor will Miller. Galloway and Liggins will be the 2 playing for the PG position next season. I wish I could say McCoy will be playing for it too, but oh well. I wish him luck.

I agree...

Like some, I also wanted to see McCoy come to Kentucky but I didn't even know that SMU was even on his radar. Reports I seen had him down to Kentucky and Virginia.
I just hope its anyone but Porter.