Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dominique Ferguson Commits to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2010 5* PF, Dominique Ferguson of Indianapolis, IN commits to Kentucky this evening. He played a Lawrence North High School, who produced Greg Oden & Mike Conley Jr.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=5935

What a day for UK fans!
Keep it going billy g
BCG is getting all these good players and still fans dont approve of him.. Keep it up Billy!!! This is pretty awesome news.. Today has been great for me.. 2 big recruits in one day.. LOOK out, I think the cats of old are back!!
Money Maker Wrote:BCG is getting all these good players and still fans dont approve of him.. Keep it up Billy!!! This is pretty awesome news.. Today has been great for me.. 2 big recruits in one day.. LOOK out, I think the cats of old are back!!

I agree, I'd like to see some of the haters comments on Gillispie now.
Great, Great pickup for UK in 2010!
blackcat_student Wrote:I agree, I'd like to see some of the haters comments on Gillispie now.

Yeah same here, seems like thats all they want to do nowadays even after a day like this for UK fans. Another awesome pick-up and once again the future looks bright!
Wow. Looks like BCG has got us headed in the right direction. Now all we need to do is land McCoy.
This great! Keep them coming Billy G!
This guy joins the same class of 2010 with two other highly regarded recruits, K.C. Ross-Miller and Dakotah Euton. That group is already loooking like it will be a top ten class nationally.

We still need to get some more commits for the '09 class. At present all we have is G.J. Vilarino, who many experts think may not be quite up to UK's standards.
Hopefully this can bring us back to our championship days. I really think it can!!
Sounds like a good pick up to me.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Sounds like a good pick up to me.
He's projected to be the 2nd best player in the nation in 2010. I'd say that is an awesome pickup.
The future keeps getting brighter and brighter for Kentucky basketball, GO BIG BLUE!!!
Again i say....TUBBY WHO!!!!???
gooood stuff!
He is ranked 8th on Scout.com ranking for 2010.
Lets see how these players do before crowning gillispie king of UK ok people. You all act like this is going to propel UK back to the elite status, when it proves nothing. Just because this guy committed doesnt mean he will come to UK. Look what Hopson did, he was committed to Miss St. and he backed out on that and signed with Tennessee. Also it depends on if coach numbnuts uses the players in the right way, which he isnt very good at doing. Also remember this, everything Gillispie touches does not turn to gold ok. Most likely in his case it turns to kentucky bourbon and he drinks it all.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Lets see how these players do before crowning gillispie king of UK ok people. You all act like this is going to propel UK back to the elite status, when it proves nothing. Just because this guy committed doesnt mean he will come to UK. Look what Hopson did, he was committed to Miss St. and he backed out on that and signed with Tennessee. Also it depends on if coach numbnuts uses the players in the right way, which he isnt very good at doing. Also remember this, everything Gillispie touches does not turn to gold ok. Most likely in his case it turns to kentucky bourbon and he drinks it all.

This may not propel UK back to elite status just yet but it does send good vibrations throughout big blue nation when you can get a commitment from one of the top prospects of the '10 rankings. Also, you really cannot compare UK to Mississippi State when it comes to recruiting. Kentucky is an elite basketball program and Miss State has an average at best program.

Why do you always think that Gillispie cares about is drinking? Nearly everyone drinks, whether that be occasionally, etc. He had "1" DWI, and it was at Texas A&M, not Kentucky. Maybe he still drinks but is it really that big of a deal? You make him sound like a complete drunk when you've more than likely never even met the guy or been in his presence.
blackcat_student Wrote:2010 5* PF, Dominique Ferguson of Indianapolis, IN commits to Kentucky this evening. He played a Lawrence North High School, who produced Greg Oden & Mike Conley Jr.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=5935

What a day for UK fans!
He is also ranked 8th in the nation on ESPN's Super 60 for 2010. KC Ross-Miller is ranked 21 and Euton is currently not ranked in the Super 60.
I seen where Ferguson was the 3rd player from the 2010 class on the Lawrence North High School team to committ to a D-1 school. Talk about total domination for the next few years up in Indiana.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Lets see how these players do before crowning gillispie king of UK ok people. You all act like this is going to propel UK back to the elite status, when it proves nothing. Just because this guy committed doesnt mean he will come to UK. Look what Hopson did, he was committed to Miss St. and he backed out on that and signed with Tennessee. Also it depends on if coach numbnuts uses the players in the right way, which he isnt very good at doing. Also remember this, everything Gillispie touches does not turn to gold ok. Most likely in his case it turns to kentucky bourbon and he drinks it all.

In my book, he was crowned as soon as he came to UK!! Gillispie is a great coach and will build us back to where we once was. I have no idea what you mean when you say he didnt use his players right?? Give a example on how he didnt use them right please??
Good Job Billy G.
For the hundredth time, he played them out of position, especially Jasper. He played Jasper at a forward position most of the time and had Bradley at the point when he is a natural shooting guard, anyone knows that by watching him play, he loves to shoot, point guards dont play like that, unless they have to or are told to. Then if you want to count the times he had Coury in there when he doesnt even deserve to wear a UK jersey(I only say that because UK fans think that UK is the only team that matters in college basketball). He also didnt play A.J. Stewart enough, he should have been one of the first off the bench instead of Coury, yet gillispie barely played him. There are many more examples im sure I could use but I dont want to waste any more time posting about the so called god gillispie.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:For the hundredth time, he played them out of position, especially Jasper. He played Jasper at a forward position most of the time and had Bradley at the point when he is a natural shooting guard, anyone knows that by watching him play, he loves to shoot, point guards dont play like that, unless they have to or are told to. Then if you want to count the times he had Coury in there when he doesnt even deserve to wear a UK jersey(I only say that because UK fans think that UK is the only team that matters in college basketball). He also didnt play A.J. Stewart enough, he should have been one of the first off the bench instead of Coury, yet gillispie barely played him. There are many more examples im sure I could use but I dont want to waste any more time posting about the so called god gillispie.

No one is calling him God or King, so you need to back off. We are happy about the fact that he is out there getting us good recruits, nothing more, nothing less. Please show me an instance when someone said Gillispie was God or King? It didn't happen. You can voice your opinion, but you're taking everything that is being said out of context.

We are glad that we have Gillispie as our coach and we are happy with the recruiting that he is doing.

We all know that you hate Gillispie so you can stop with the B.S. You're not converting any true UK fan to your side.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:For the hundredth time, he played them out of position, especially Jasper. He played Jasper at a forward position most of the time and had Bradley at the point when he is a natural shooting guard, anyone knows that by watching him play, he loves to shoot, point guards dont play like that, unless they have to or are told to. Then if you want to count the times he had Coury in there when he doesnt even deserve to wear a UK jersey(I only say that because UK fans think that UK is the only team that matters in college basketball). He also didnt play A.J. Stewart enough, he should have been one of the first off the bench instead of Coury, yet gillispie barely played him. There are many more examples im sure I could use but I dont want to waste any more time posting about the so called god gillispie.

You sound like someone that is a fan of another team and your just jealous of what Gillispie is doing. And you seem to know alot about how to coach so are you wanting to take over his job or something?? But if you watched any games at all you would know that Coury had to play because of the poorly recruiting that was done in previous years. Bradley played the point because of soo many injuries. You have to remember Gillispie came into a program that was so far out whack that even if you had a hall of fame coach, he couldnt win with them. And if you never noticed before, Kentucky fans are the most LOYAL fans in college basketball and to them UK is the only team that matters.
I agree that Coury is not good. But he plays because he gives an all out effort. I like AJ Stewart and thought he should have played much more, but in practice he slacks off and was not going to class. Therefore he didnt play.
Quote:
And if you never noticed before, Kentucky fans are the most LOYAL fans in college basketball and to them UK is the only team that matters.[/I][/I]

AMEN!!!
Money Maker Wrote:You sound like someone that is a fan of another team and your just jealous of what Gillispie is doing. And you seem to know alot about how to coach so are you wanting to take over his job or something?? But if you watched any games at all you would know that Coury had to play because of the poorly recruiting that was done in previous years. Bradley played the point because of soo many injuries. You have to remember Gillispie came into a program that was so far out whack that even if you had a hall of fame coach, he couldnt win with them. And if you never noticed before, Kentucky fans are the most LOYAL fans in college basketball and to them UK is the only team that matters.

AMEN!!!!!!!
Tubby Who??? Another GREAT Player Headin' 2 UK Thanks To Billy G!
Money Maker Wrote:You sound like someone that is a fan of another team and your just jealous of what Gillispie is doing. And you seem to know alot about how to coach so are you wanting to take over his job or something?? But if you watched any games at all you would know that Coury had to play because of the poorly recruiting that was done in previous years. Bradley played the point because of soo many injuries. You have to remember Gillispie came into a program that was so far out whack that even if you had a hall of fame coach, he couldnt win with them. And if you never noticed before, Kentucky fans are the most LOYAL fans in college basketball and to them UK is the only team that matters.

And GREAT POST By The Way.:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2