Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jared Carter to Georgetown (Rumor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jody Demlin said today on ESPN Radio that he had been hearing talk that Carter might be transfering to G-Town KY and the big Williams guy would go to another school as well.
Jared who?????????
Let him Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
It'll just give Billy another Scholarship!
First I have heard about Carter wanting to transfer, but not about Williams transferring. I agree with 100% it would give UK some more scholarships.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Jared who?????????
Let him Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
It'll just give Billy another Scholarship!
It shocked me when I heard it, but it also made me happy as well.
Also I dont know how true this is but thats what he said.:Thumbs:
-STAT- Wrote:First I have heard about Carter wanting to transfer, but not about Williams transferring. I agree with 100% it would give UK some more scholarships.
Demlin said that Williams was wanting to but recently been playing in some kind of Tournment with other SEC guys to help his game out. They didnt talk much about him, just about Carter. Jody Demling and a guy from the Lexington Herold was on ESPN Radio talking today. Also saying how much Billy G loves walk ons.
I've heard Williams is going to leave, but I hadn't heard about Carter, I hope he does though.
I'm all for Carter leaving. I dont think it will hurt us much.
I had heard about both of these guys transferring and I think it will be good for us.
RavenBoy Wrote:Also saying how much Billy G loves walk ons.
Who doesn't love walk-ons? Doesn't cost the coach anything. And you never know how one might turn out. Ravi Moss anyone? Not the greatest but a solid addition to the team. If after a year they add nothing and show no potential, then you can always get rid of them quickly.
HawksRule Wrote:I'm all for Carter leaving. I dont think it will hurt us much.

I don't think it will hurt us at all!! LOL.... Smile
this is great news
I don't think that this would hurt Kentucky very much if Carter leaves, like most have said, its opens up another scholarship.

I've already heard that Williams was already gone.
Now this is more like it, these are players that need to be transferring, now if only Coury would leave, it would be so much better. But all in all it still wont help anything.
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't think that this would hurt Kentucky very much if Carter leaves, like most have said, its opens up another scholarship.

I've already heard that Williams was already gone.

I hope he has left, Williams had no business near UK in the first place.
Kinda funny, everyone else on here says they had heard about Williams leaving but not Carter. Just the opposite with me, I had been hearing for months now that people close to Carter were saying that he was strongly considering a transfer. On the other hand, this is the first time I have heard anything about Williams, although I can't say it surprises me.

Neither of these guys seem to fit in with Gillespie's style of play, and both would probably be better off going somewhere else where they could get more playing time. They just don't seem to be the caliber of players that Kentucky needs to have.

I agree with everyone else, if one or both leaves, that opens up more scholarships for Billy G. to give. Maybe one could go to Maurice Sutton, who's apparently ready to commit to UK but they haven't offered him yet, with Gillespie saying that he doesn't have a scholarship for him right now.
Hmmm, I saw Williams at the mall two days ago.. that is a monster of a man. However, I think Gillespie mentioned somewheres, maybe his show? That Williams was leaning towards leaving.

I have also heard about Carter going to UNC where he was once wanted. If so, that is just stupid.

I hope both players leave, get any non-UK level Tubby players out of the system.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Now this is more like it, these are players that need to be transferring, now if only Coury would leave, it would be so much better. But all in all it still wont help anything.
Coury and Porter will never leave, even after the garduate. Smile
As a basketball player/fan, there is no way that I could go to a university and not hit 10 minutes of playing time for the entire year. How accurate is this thread?
Bear Scout Wrote:As a basketball player/fan, there is no way that I could go to a university and not hit 10 minutes of playing time for the entire year. How accurate is this thread?

I wouldn't say very accurate, everyone is going by speculations, thats why the thread has rumor labeled.
He can't play at G-town either. Carter is the worst basketball player I have ever seen, he's terrible.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Now this is more like it, these are players that need to be transferring, now if only Coury would leave, it would be so much better. But all in all it still wont help anything.

I think this may be the first time that I agree wth you, lol.
Thats good to hear.. Gilispie is reshaping the wildcats
The
Carter kid who played at Scott Co. 7'2 guy?
Does anyone know if he is staying or leaving?
RavenBoy Wrote:Does anyone know if he is staying or leaving?

Haven't heard anything about him in the last few weeks so it's still up in the air.

THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:The
Carter kid who played at Scott Co. 7'2 guy?

Yepp, thats the one.
Beef Wrote:Who doesn't love walk-ons? Doesn't cost the coach anything. And you never know how one might turn out. Ravi Moss anyone? Not the greatest but a solid addition to the team. If after a year they add nothing and show no potential, then you can always get rid of them quickly.

I thought Ravi Moss was great!! Great clutch shooter.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I thought Ravi Moss was great!! Great clutch shooter.
I would rather have Moss anyday than Portor.
dont let the door hit u on the way out..lol
Only updates on Jared Carter is that he's going to Africa with Ramon Harris to play some basketball down there... thats the latest on him, IMO I honestly don't see Carter going anywhere.
blackcat_student Wrote:Only updates on Jared Carter is that he's going to Africa with Ramon Harris to play some basketball down there... thats the latest on him, IMO I honestly don't see Carter going anywhere.
Well if he is going to stay, I hope he actually does something.
Pages: 1 2