Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where does Harrellson stand after UK visit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Southwestern Illinois College center Josh Harrellson spent the weekend making an official visit to the University of Kentucky and came away very impressed with both the Lexington campus and the Wildcats. But was it enough to coax a commitment from the big 6-foot-9, 265-pound junior college player?

...More... (To continue reading this article you must be a subscriber.)
Harrellson has narrowed it down to UK and St. Louis. He was blown away with the attention he received while in Lexington. He is visiting St. Louis this weekend (also his hometown), but don't be surprised when he announces his commitment to UK next week.

Another player, Paul McCoy, who originally committed to Oregon, visited this weekend and was said to have been recruiting for UK by trying to get Alter Majok to commit to the Cats. McCoy is a PG that is very quick and can score at will. Don't be surprised to see him wearing blue and white next year as well.
BCF4L Wrote:Harrellson has narrowed it down to UK and St. Louis. He was blown away with the attention he received while in Lexington. He is visiting St. Louis this weekend (also his hometown), but don't be surprised when he announces his commitment to UK next week.

Another player, Paul McCoy, who originally committed to Oregon, visited this weekend and was said to have been recruiting for UK by trying to get Alter Majok to commit to the Cats. McCoy is a PG that is very quick and can score at will. Don't be surprised to see him wearing blue and white next year as well.

Yea I hope we do get McCoy, he seems like a good player and we need a PG bad.
I read somewhere that McCoy was leaning towards UK.
We do have a PG coming in next year, I dont know how good he is though.
We have a good point guard now in Jasper, that is if he doesnt transfer and if coach would play him the right way.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:We have a good point guard now in Jasper, that is if he doesnt transfer and if coach would play him the right way.
Not if he plays like he did this year!:eek:
Jasper is better as a forward honestly. He is a great passer, but he has the body to be able to bang around inside. UK does have a JUCO PG in Kevin Galloway coming in, but there is nothing wrong with having a backup PG in McCoy. I look for this class to round up with McCoy, Harrellson, and maybe Alter Majok. Majok was a huge UConn lean, but after his visit to UK, and the ovation he got at the Derby Festival Classic from UK fans, his coach is suggesting that UK is in a very good spot with Alter right now. Let's hope all turns out well for the Big Blue.
Jasper can play any position on the floor. Coach G even said that he was the reason for their midseason turnaround. I don't know much about these JuCo recruits, and I'm sure they're solid, solid players. However, UK needs D Jasp back. He's that important.
Bear Scout Wrote:Jasper can play any position on the floor. Coach G even said that he was the reason for their midseason turnaround. I don't know much about these JuCo recruits, and I'm sure they're solid, solid players. However, UK needs D Jasp back. He's that important.

I never heard one time that Jasper was the reason for the turnaround. The reason for the turn around is the players playing BCG style of basketball.
Harrellson is supposed to make his decision tomorrow. It is between St. Louis and UK. People are saying he is a UK lean, but St. Louis is a major factor because that is where he lives and he wants to be close to home. Who knows how this will turn out.
I hope that he signs with UK.