Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kevin Galloway to sign with the CATS!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Galloway, 6-6 and a native of Sacramento, Calif., spent his sophomore season at College of Southern Idaho where he ranked fourth in the nation in assists (8.6) and averaged 8.4 points and 4.1 rebounds in helping lead the Golden Eagles to a 30-2 record.
Galloway attended Southern Cal out of high school, where he played in 13 games in 2007, averaging 2.0 rebounds, 2.8 points and 2.0 assists per game for the Trojans. He shot 52 percent from the field.
if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');"I am really excited about Kevin," said Gillispie. "He is a multi-dimensional player. He is tall, long and athletic, and he has experience. His team was considered to be the best junior college team in the country last year, even though they suffered an upset in the regional. I think he is going to give us speed. He has the ability to pass the basketball and I think he will put stats up in a lot of different areas. He's a good shooter. He's probably not as confident as he needs to be, but that is one of the things he will continue to work on before he gets here. I think he will be a major addition to our team."
A four-year letterman at Sacramento High School, Galloway led his team to a league championship every year as well as to the state playoffs. As a junior and senior, Kevin earned Sacramento Bee Player of the Year honors, while averaging 17.4 points and 8.0 rebounds per game as a senior and led Sacramento High to a 29-6 record and a No. 17 ranking in the state of California. He was rated the 88th best prospect in the 2006 recruiting class by Scout.com. As a junior, he averaged 11.9 points and his 10.7 assists a game was tops in the state.
The National Letter of Intent signing period runs through May 21.
Is this a good pick-up for the Cats? Don't know much on this kid?
Galloway is going to be a very good player at Kentucky. He is a junior college transfer from the College of Southern Idaho. He is very good on the break, an average shooter, sees the floor really well, but most of all he is very athletic. If you had to compare him to someone currently on the team it would be Derrick Jasper.
He's better than Jasper already and has more experience. As far as i'm concerned, Jasper can go hom now. This kid is the real deal.
Can he shoot as good as Bradley or Crawford?
Here's a video of Galloway along with Juan Patillo who was recruited by UK but decided to go the Oklahoma... Galloway is #13...

Kevin Galloway
[url=http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=5yrl3b&s=3][/url]
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Can he shoot as good as Bradley or Crawford?
What is sad is that Kentucky never really got to see how good Crawford was at shooting. Coming out of high school many referred to him as Reddick level (a little out of proportion) and Bradley worked on his. Bradley could've been a beast on a team that allowed him to run wild= ny street baller.

But to answer your question, I don't see Galloway shooting at either level AT this point. However, I do believe he will be a key addition to the team and with Patterson working the middle and Slone for three ;-) he may get some high percentage shots. Let's hope BILLY G don't go Patterson all the way again...

IMO, we wouldn't have made the tourney w/ Patterson. By him going down, we finally seen flashes of what could have been if Tubby didn't slow it down and put Joe out of position...

Dang, if Buike would've stayed Craw could've ran that 2 position more...
Here is another video, this video is a full game of CSI versus North Idaho... Around 45 minutes into the video Galloway blocks a shot and takes it back with a very nice dunk!

Galloway Full Game
I don't want to see Jasper leave but if he is unhappy then he needs to do what he feels like is the right move for him.
JBIRD Wrote:What is sad is that Kentucky never really got to see how good Crawford was at shooting. Coming out of high school many referred to him as Reddick level (a little out of proportion) and Bradley worked on his. Bradley could've been a beast on a team that allowed him to run wild= ny street baller.

But to answer your question, I don't see Galloway shooting at either level AT this point. However, I do believe he will be a key addition to the team and with Patterson working the middle and Slone for three ;-) he may get some high percentage shots. Let's hope BILLY G don't go Patterson all the way again...

IMO, we wouldn't have made the tourney w/ Patterson. By him going down, we finally seen flashes of what could have been if Tubby didn't slow it down and put Joe out of position...

Dang, if Buike would've stayed Craw could've ran that 2 position more...

What do you mean at any level? He has already proved he could shoot at the JUCO level and wants he gets use to the speed of D1 he will be comfortable enough to shoot more. However, he is as good if not a better passer than Jasper and he is more athletic. He can block shots as well as rebound, and he's a guard. This is one of the biggest pickups Kentucky has made. He will start next year regardless if Jasper stays or not. The starting rotation looks pretty good with Galloway in it and Meeks healthy. Not too Mention Patterson 100%. With all the attention Patterson will get, Meeks and Galloway both will have to shoot at high percentage.
Good deal for UK
Galloway started his college career at USC then transfered to a JUCO school. Now he's transferring to UK. Good job Billy G.
This is very old news... I hope he makes on heck of an impact at Kentucky.
Yeah, old news, I'm merging the threads.
He Looks BEAST To Me. Can't Wait To See Him In Rupp!