Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Derrick Jasper Transferring? (RUMOR)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Its been reported on Kentucky Sports Radio, that sources around the program believe that Derrick Jasper will be transferring... Thoughts?

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=5548

I think this would really hurt Kentucky if he decides to transfer, especially if Liggins isn't eligible to enroll at UK. This means that UK would probably go real hard after 3* PG, Paul McCoy from Oregon.

Hope that this isn't true.
I dont know why he wold transfer, Coach Gilliespie brags on him constantly about how tough he is and he love the way he plays, but thats shame if he does decide to leave
RedSeal Wrote:I dont know why he wold transfer, Coach Gilliespie brags on him constantly about how tough he is and he love the way he plays, but thats shame if he does decide to leave

I agree, there has to be something more to this story.
I don't see this happening, if anyone is to transfer I think it will be Meeks, but that is just what I think.
I really hope he don't transfer. This will hurt us. He isn't a big scorer, but he is a good all around player.
This would be horrible. I hope it isnt true.
Jasper needs to stay he does the little things that get teams wins like rebounds,playing defense(more people should), and getting assists.
This is not true. Jasper had initially considered a transfer in the middle of the season, but was talked into staying. He is not going anywhere. I do not know about Meeks though...
This is not true.
I spoke to my Lexington source and he said there is absolutely no truth to it.
Just a Rumor. No truth to it!!!
Good all around ball player. Lets hope there is no truth to it.
If it is true, then so be it! I am so sick of hearing these players considering transferring every other day at UK because something doesn't go the way they want, when they want it!
Coach Billy Gillispie is holding a press conference at 10 a.m; I guess we will find out if Jasper is transferring or not, but most believe that he is already gone and the reason behind his decision to transfer is because he is homesick and that he wants to be closer to his family in California.

But if he does leave, I wish nothing but the best for him.
Gillispie says that Jasper is a little homesick right now, and that he thinks if Jasper comes back next season that he could be an All-SEC player.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dawson/blog.html
Boloney..he aint goin nowhere
If he does transfer does that mean that we would get another scholarship.
4_real Wrote:Boloney..he aint goin nowhere

Believe what you want to believe but here is another link...

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/17848699.html
You know sometimes we stop thinking of college athletes as being young men, and only think of them as being "ballplayers". This guy is a LONG way from home and his being homesick is very understandable. Tons of people switch colleges because they feel like they're too far away from home, this young man's possible decision just happens to be in the spotlight because of his athletic abilities. If he decides to leave, then so be it. Derrick Jasper has to make the decision that is best for Derrick Jasper in this situation.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:You know sometimes we stop thinking of college athletes as being young men, and only think of them as being "ballplayers". This guy is a LONG way from home and his being homesick is very understandable. Tons of people switch colleges because they feel like they're too far away from home, this young man's possible decision just happens to be in the spotlight because of his athletic abilities. If he decides to leave, then so be it. Derrick Jasper has to make the decision that is best for Derrick Jasper in this situation.

I totally agree, I'm not against Derrick transferring at all. As a UK fan I don't want to see this happen but he is only doing what is right for him.
Hate to see him go. But yes it is another open scholarship for BCG and the UK.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:This is not true.
I spoke to my Lexington source and he said there is absolutely no truth to it.

I spoke to one of my soures as well and he said that there is truth to it. That he will more than likely transfer because of the homesickness mentioned already. I agree with the other post that he has to make the best decision for himself and what will make him happy. I wish him nothing but the best in the future.
I understand where Jasper is coming from, being homesick. Is there any possibility that after school goes out he may go home for a couple of weeks then come back to the team?
I really hope this don't happen. But if he is homesick, there is nothing anybody can do about it. He will make the right decision for himself.
Now there will be less turnovers
Homer Simpson Wrote:Now there will be less turnovers

Wow... He averaged 1.8 turnovers per game, thats good, not bad.

Ramel Bradley led the team with 100 and Joe Crawford was second on the team with 83. Derrick only had 36 on the season.

You must not watch Kentucky basketball that much.

:confused:
UK will be in need of Guards. Especially if Meeks doesn't come back at 100%
yea I definately can understand if he is homesick and he is from California so Id say it really is hard on him, but I think he is a great ball player, he just isnt a offensive threat

:what:
Him going back to California..Can anyone say UCLA lol.
Pages: 1 2 3