Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chris Lofton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will he go to the NBA? Play over seas? Opinions?
I think hes got a shot at the NBA. I would think he may be a early 2nd round pick right now. If he can do well in the predraft camps and team workouts he may wind up going in the first round at some point.
I do not think he will make the draft.. Maybe go to NBDL and see what happens.
If JJ Reddick was taken in the top 10 of the draft, Lofton should at least be drafted. They were both primarily sharp shooters while Lofton has much more athletic ability. Also, I would have to think that he could play better defense than JJ. He is also a larger frame to work with.

Lofton will be hurt a lot by his poor play his senior season as opposed to the greatest that was expected. He seemed to have regressed from his junior to senior seasons.
I think he is drafter late 2nd round and will be sent down to the D league or he could be a nice pick up for the East Kentucky Miners I would like to see that
He will definately get drafted! He has proven himself for 4 years against top competition year after year. Too good of a shooter for a league who needs more pure shooters!~ I am seeing an early to mid 2nd round!
I think he'll definitely get drafted. Id say late 1st round or early 2nd round.
Tomcat68 Wrote:If JJ Reddick was taken in the top 10 of the draft, Lofton should at least be drafted. They were both primarily sharp shooters while Lofton has much more athletic ability. Also, I would have to think that he could play better defense than JJ. He is also a larger frame to work with.

Lofton will be hurt a lot by his poor play his senior season as opposed to the greatest that was expected. He seemed to have regressed from his junior to senior seasons.

You do know lofton is just 6'2 and jj is atelast 6'4?
Super_de Wrote:You do know lofton is just 6'2 and jj is atelast 6'4?
Boges wasn't even six foot lol just had to throw that in there
Super_de Wrote:You do know lofton is just 6'2 and jj is atelast 6'4?

You're right about that. I'm surprised. JJ has never played like a 6'4 player on the defensive end. It may be Lofton's better athletic ability to cover more ground in every direction faster that led me to think that he was taller and longer.
I think he will get drafted late 2nd round. He will be a good addition to a team.
Tomcat68 Wrote:You're right about that. I'm surprised. JJ has never played like a 6'4 player on the defensive end. It may be Lofton's better athletic ability to cover more ground in every direction faster that led me to think that he was taller and longer.

I actually think Lofton is slower than Reddick. He is just not real quick at all. That is why Tubby passed up on him, which by the way, may have been the dumbest move ever!
i think he will definately get drafted in like the 2nd round, I mean some one is going to spend some kind of money on that 3 ball he can shoot
I hope that Lofton gets drafted, even though he played for Tennessee, he still was born and raised right here in Kentucky.
blackcat_student Wrote:I hope that Lofton gets drafted, even though he played for Tennessee, he still was born and raised right here in Kentucky.

TRUE.
He will but he will end up like JJ Reddick.
I think he will get drafted early in the 2nd round
He's a good shooter.. id say Nba.
He will get a great oppurtunity in the pro's. NBA teams are always looking for sharp shooters and thats what Lofton is. I hope he has a great NBA career, would be awesome for an ol kentucky boy to get to the association.
To me he is just a streaky shooter.
RavenBoy Wrote:To me he is just a streaky shooter.

I know what you mean. Some games he can shoot the lights out, but other games, he doesn't even matter.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I know what you mean. Some games he can shoot the lights out, but other games, he doesn't even matter.
I mean that game against Lville he was horrible, the shots he was taking. Also that is what goes on in the NBA so he may be good at it.
I am proud of what he has accomplished and still remain the same humble kid. I wish him only the best. I think that he will go late 1st round or early 2nd round and I think that he would do really well overseas as well.
Wasn't he projected as solid first round pick after his jr. year? Funny how both he and Hibbard wanted to stay around another year to improve their stock, but now it seems that they've cost themselves some major $$$
Nobody can shoot wonderful every game!
Tubby Lover Wrote:Nobody can shoot wonderful every game!
Or Half.