Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What Mr. Wildcat has taught me...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From a fan of UK, these past few days of reading through everything and watching all the words spoken by some of the elite figures of UK basketball, I have learned that as fans of UK we need to give up our hate or grudge against Tubby Smith and Rick Pitino, we need to quit picking at every problem we have with the program. As a UK family, we need to embrace the tradition and history of this program. For those who don't like Billy G, like I did, get over it. He is the coach support him. For those who don't like Tubby Smith, get over it, He gave UK an incredible amount of success and loved the program. For those who don't like Rick Pitino, get over it, he took a program that was in distress and made it into once again the pinnacle of basketball. All these men love the University of Ky.

We need to look forward and forget about all the mistakes that have happened in the past and look forward to the future and building another dynasty. This week has taught me that until UK fans across the state can unite in one common goal, to return to glory, then we will never have the success that once was. As much as Mr. Keightly did while he was with us, he continues to do things while not with us. I believe that in his death, Mr. Wildcat teaches us that if we can look toward the best for UK instead of looking at the worst for everything else, we can finally unite and move forward toward success.

Let's make the best out of this situation. Forgive the people you hold grudges against and move on. When we do that we can achieve the goal that we all aspire to reach, not just on the basketball court, but in life.

Thank your, Mr. Wildcat for showing me that it is best to find the good instead of the bad in all situations!
very good post, gave me chills. Everyone can take something away from this.
Yes a great post. What you said applies not only in sports but in LIFE!!!!