Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Indiana picks Marquette’s Crean for their new coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP)—Indiana University will hire Marquette’s Tom Crean as its basketball coach and is expected to introduce him at a news conference Wednesday.

University trustee Philip Eskew confirmed the hiring.

Eskew said Crean had signed a letter-of-intent with the university and was meeting with his team Tuesday night.

The hiring comes near the end of a tumultuous six-week period in which former Hooisers coach Kelvin Sampson resigned amid an NCAA scandal, interim coach Dan Dakich replaced him and then lost four of seven games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=...&type=lgns
Now maybe we can finally beat a team coached by Crean! lol

I wish him the best of luck at Indiana, I love the rivalry between UK and Indiana, and I hope he gets indiana back on track.

I wonder what, if any stipulations the NCAA will place on IU.

Does this change Jordan Crawford's situation?
IU found themselves a really good coach IMO. Crean was a candidate for the UK job but it was never offered to him last spring. I think that its going to be hard for him to do much of anything in Bloomington if they go under probation, but if he can recruit some good players in then it won't be so hard for the Hoosiers to be atop the Big 10.
Very good coach and proved himself well at Marquette. Should do some great things at IU depsite all of the allegations against them.
At his press conference today Bill Clinton used the IU gym and Crean had to use a little office in the basement. Im sure if Bill Clinton came to Rupp and UK got a new coach that they would tell Clinton to just wait an hour or he wouldnt get a vote.