Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hopson commits to Tennessee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its true and its awful where is the scorin comin from next year

http://scouthoops.scout.com/
yea that sucks another Kentucky kids gets away to Tennessee
:boosign: ...I was really hoping Scotty would go to UK.
RedSeal Wrote:yea that sucks another Kentucky kids gets away to Tennessee
He wont be no Chris Lofton though.
Billy G was suppost to make an In-Home Visti with him either this wednesday or next before the dead period, guess he dont have to waste his time now.
Tubby got burned for it, so let's hear it. Lay to Billy G.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Tubby got burned for it, so let's hear it. Lay to Billy G.
Dont worry, we will if he turns out like Lofton, but I dont think he will.
Hopson is nothing like Lofton. Scotty is lazy on defense and is a ball hog, I feel were better off without him. (I hope this doesnt come back to bite me hahahaha)
I have to admitt, I'm not that disappointed or suprised. I drove 4 hours to the state tournament and one reason I did that was to watch this kid play. Boy was I ever disappointed. Hopson is loaded with talent but could simply be one of the laziest players I have ever witnessed. There were several possessions that he didn't even cross half court on defense. You tell me if we lost or just simply let another NBA wannabe go somewhere else. After watching him play, he will fit in perfectly at UT. We are forturnate to have a coach that wants players who are committed to winning and not trying to get themselves to the NBA as soon as possible. This kid never wanted to go to UK, unlike Lofton who was turned down so you cant even compare the two situations. So, Good luck Hopson and I hope that used car salseman of a coach can get you in the NBA. Cool
bballfan96 Wrote:I have to admitt, I'm not that disappointed or suprised. I drove 4 hours to the state tournament and one reason I did that was to watch this kid play. Boy was I ever disappointed. Hopson is loaded with talent but could simply be one of the laziest players I have ever witnessed. There were several possessions that he didn't even cross half court on defense. You tell me if we lost or just simply let another NBA wannabe go somewhere else. After watching him play, he will fit in perfectly at UT. We are forturnate to have a coach that wants players who are committed to winning and not trying to get themselves to the NBA as soon as possible. This kid never wanted to go to UK, unlike Lofton who was turned down so you cant even compare the two situations. So, Good luck Hopson and I hope that used car salseman of a coach can get you in the NBA. Cool

Amen!!! I went to watch him in the All-A and saw that same laziness you spoke about! He only plays in spurts from what I can tell----I didn't see the work ethic. And to be honest I don't think he has the outside shot that players his size need to have. His ball handling was good---but not great. And I didn't think he was that strong either--the Grimm kid from Paintsville pushed him all over the place! I couldn't see any heart out of him. So I am not one BIT sad he committed to UT. Hey you can't blame Billy G. on this one---he offered it to the kid. That is entirely different than Tubby never giving Lofton an offer.
Lol now here come all the "well he wasn't that good". Besides me and Raven everyone else was wanting him at UK.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Lol now here come all the "well he wasn't that good". Besides me and Raven everyone else was wanting him at UK.

No...I at least can honestly say I WAS NOT an "oh... I hope he comes to UK" person. I know that UK needs a scorer...but I've said all along I thought Hopson was overrated and LAZY!
I was wanting to see Hopson come to Kentucky but this isn't a shocker. Good luck to him, we all know that he is a one and done anyhow.
I watched Paintsville play UH in Richmond, and I saw Hopson get pushed around everywhere under the rim by an undersized Grimm all game long. Once Hopson realized that Grimm wasn't gonna be some pushover that he could have his way with, it seemed like he just gave up and let Grimm do what he wanted. When it come to blocking out and posting up.
That sucks big time I looked forward to seeing him in a wildcat uniform next year
I told you all he wouldnt come to UK. I was another one of those that didnt think he was worth all the hype anyway and he will prove it while at Tennessee as I dont think he will do that well.
Doesnt bother me at all. On the contrary I hope he has a great career at UT or season which ever.
Oh well. UK will do fine without him.
well the one difference between lofton and hopson, lofton wanted to come to the greatest show on earth hopson didnt
Kentucky will be fine without him
Not really disappointed with this, I feel Darius Miller will have a much better college career than Hopson anyway.

We really need a big man, though...
I think Billy just started recruiting him because he knew UK fans would get mad if he didn't recruit an in state kid. Hopson does not fit Billy G's system very well at all. Billy inforces defense and that is something Hopson doesn't play. I really don't think Billy was that interested in him. Plus, UK doesn't play a zone and UT does, which means Scotty won't have to play hard nosed man to man defense.
I think Billy just started recruiting him because he knew UK fans would get mad if he didn't recruit an in state kid. Hopson does not fit Billy G's system very well at all. Billy inforces defense and that is something Hopson doesn't play. I really don't think Billy was that interested in him. Plus, UK doesn't play a zone and UT does, which means Scotty won't have to play hard nosed man to man defense.

BCF4L, that is very well said and true! I think Coach showed some interest so the fans wouldn't give him a hard time.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Tubby got burned for it, so let's hear it. Lay to Billy G.
The difference is that Billy attempted to get Hopson (offered scholly and everything) while Tubby didn't even give Lofton a look. Lofton would have committed to UK in a heartbeat if offered. So to say "Lay it to Billy" is completely unjustified...
Panther Thunder Wrote:Lol now here come all the "well he wasn't that good". Besides me and Raven everyone else was wanting him at UK.
Thats right. Why would I want him? He isnt as good as Miller. He might be on paper but to a eye ball test and head to head Miller is way better. So, if were gonna use a scholorship on a KY boy I would rather it be someone around here like Stepp or Slone and not a guy that is overrated.
Thank God he ain't a Wildcat.
RavenBoy Wrote:He wont be no Chris Lofton though.

I understand what you are saying, but how can you say that, he might be the best player Tennessee has ever had or who could be the worse, but IMO i think he will pretty good but yea your right i dont think he will be no Chris Lofton
RedSeal Wrote:I understand what you are saying, but how can you say that, he might be the best player Tennessee has ever had or who could be the worse, but IMO i think he will pretty good but yea your right i dont think he will be no Chris Lofton
Yea and like the one person said, Lofton wasent recruited by UK and wanted to come here. Hopson was recruited by UK but didnt want to go there or his mom. So it wont be as bad as the Lofton situation, As in UK and UofL let him get away.
RavenBoy Wrote:Thats right. Why would I want him? He isnt as good as Miller. He might be on paper but to a eye ball test and head to head Miller is way better. So, if were gonna use a scholorship on a KY boy I would rather it be someone around here like Stepp or Slone and not a guy that is overrated.
Exactly. Gillispie inforces hard nosed defense, and requires you to give 110% at all times. As we have seen from Scotty, that just doesn't happen. He is lazy on defense, and tries to snowbird for easy runout baskets. This, imo, is not a basketball player. I could do that and average 40 points a game. Put me in there to stand at halfcourt and wait for my team to get the ball and have them throw me an outlet pass for an easy two. Good luck at UT Scotty, but we have the best player in Kentucky already.
BCF4L Wrote:Exactly. Gillispie inforces hard nosed defense, and requires you to give 110% at all times. As we have seen from Scotty, that just doesn't happen. He is lazy on defense, and tries to snowbird for easy runout baskets. This, imo, is not a basketball player. I could do that and average 40 points a game. Put me in there to stand at halfcourt and wait for my team to get the ball and have them throw me an outlet pass for an easy two. Good luck at UT Scotty, but we have the best player in Kentucky already.

Exactly. Give me Darius Miller over Hopson anyday.
Pages: 1 2