Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Starters for UK for 08-09?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think, with Meeks having a good recovery, the starters will be:
C. Stevenson
PF. Patterson
SF. Harris
SG. Meeks
PG. Jasper
Without a good recovery by Meeks:
C. Stevenson
PF. Patterson
SF. Harris
SG. Jasper
PG. Liggins
JMO
Both look pretty good!
I think that its going to be hard for UK to score alot of point next season, but the Cats bring back there best defenders. Meeks and Patterson are going to have to carry the load, hopefully Jasper and Harris will step up and score more because we cannot rely on Liggins and Miller to come in and score right away.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I think, with Meeks having a good recovery, the starters will be:
C. Stevenson
PF. Patterson
SF. Harris
SG. Meeks
PG. Jasper
Without a good recovery by Meeks:
C. Stevenson
PF. Patterson
SF. Harris
SG. Jasper
PG. Liggins
JMO

These both look great even though I think that a healthy Meeks is a must. Patterson will be a scorer for sure and we need someone from the perimeter that can also score and I feel like Meeks is it. Those 2 will handle the scoring load and Jasper and Harris will contribute solid numbers. I don't think either will lay 25 on you, but both are capable of 10-12 a game. Stevenson should be able to score some since he will draw the second best post defender on the floor at all times. Most of his points should come off offensive rebounds and transition baskets, but he showed he has developed some low post moves also.
PG - Galloway/Liggins/Jasper/Porter
SG - Meeks/Liggins/Miller
SF - Miller/Jasper/Harris/Stewart
PF - Patterson/Stevenson
C - Stevenson/Patterson

AJ Stewart and Michael Porter will be key reserves in my opinion. Stewart has the potential to be a very good player in this particular type of system, and Porter showed glimpses of being a good role player (let's just hope he continues to work hard and improve). It'd be interesting to see who UK lands with their final scholarship, so my lineup may change depending on who they land, but this is what I'm seeing as of right now. Who knows? We may see Mr. Slone in there a time or two!:Thumbs:
StrikeoutKing Wrote:PG - Galloway/Liggins/Jasper/Porter
SG - Meeks/Liggins/Miller
SF - Miller/Jasper/Harris/Stewart
PF - Patterson/Stevenson
C - Stevenson/Patterson

AJ Stewart and Michael Porter will be key reserves in my opinion. Stewart has the potential to be a very good player in this particular type of system, and Porter showed glimpses of being a good role player (let's just hope he continues to work hard and improve). It'd be interesting to see who UK lands with their final scholarship, so my lineup may change depending on who they land, but this is what I'm seeing as of right now. Who knows? We may see Mr. Slone in there a time or two!:Thumbs:

Well I think Porter should be below Slone next season. I hated when he had control of the ball, and usually it didn't last long before the other team would take it from him.
There is no way that Harris will start IMO. I just don't think he's a starter.

PG - Derek Jasper
SG - Jodie Meeks
SF - Darius Miller
PF - Perry Stevenson
C - Patrick Patterson
I would say that JUCO kid will play over Liggins and Miller since he has more experience.
patterson at center
stevenson at pf
miller at SF
Meeks SG
Jasper PG

Harris getting alot of time as well as the juco kid
PHS#1 Wrote:patterson at center
stevenson at pf
miller at SF
Meeks SG
Jasper PG

Harris getting alot of time as well as the juco kid

Patterson-c
Stevenson-pf
Harris-sf may switch to Miller
Meeks-sg
Jasper-pg
vundy33 Wrote:There is no way that Harris will start IMO. I just don't think he's a starter.

PG - Derek Jasper
SG - Jodie Meeks
SF - Darius Miller
PF - Perry Stevenson
C - Patrick Patterson

I think this is what it should be but you never know with BCG because it just depends on who works hard in practice.
colts12 Wrote:I think this is what it should be but you never know with BCG because it just depends on who works hard in practice.

Aint that the truth...
**WITH A HEALTHY MEEKS
C - Perry Stevenson
PF - Patrick Patterson
SF - Darius Miller
SG - Jodi Meeks
PG - Derrick Jasper

**UNHEALTHY MEEKS
C - Perry Stevenson
PF - Patrick Patterson
SF - Ramon Harris
SG - Darius Miller
PG - Derrick Jasper

**ANOTHER POSSIBILITY W/AN UNHEALTHY MEEKS
C - Perry Stevenson
PF - Patrick Patterson
SF - Darius Miller
SG - DeAndre Liggins
PG - Derrick Jasper
For some reason I don't really see Miller starting, at least early on anyways. I may be wrong though.
Stewart should get some starts..if not he should be the 6th man
sumj45 Wrote:Stewart should get some starts..if not he should be the 6th man

I don't know about Stewart starting, but he should get some good minutes.
Lawrence Wrote:For some reason I don't really see Miller starting, at least early on anyways. I may be wrong though.

I'm with you on this one. I think he will be a player by the time it is all said and done, but I'm not sure he can handle the physicalness of SEC basktball yet. He may need to be gradually taken into this year. I think he will see some time at the 2 & 3 spots.
I alos liked the post about Stewart. The kid is a darn good athlete and needs to be on the floor more IMO. He could be used at the 3 or even 4 if need be.
What about Coury? We all know he don't need to be on the court? But he didn't need to be on the court when Bradley and Crawford were on the team, but Gillespie still started him. Will BCG do the same this year?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:What about Coury? We all know he don't need to be on the court? But he didn't need to be on the court when Bradley and Crawford were on the team, but Gillespie still started him. Will BCG do the same this year?

I really think the only reason Coury started all those games was that Stevenson was so use to coming off the bench that he didn't want to mess with his psychy by starting him. IDK but some kids change their whole approach because they start instead of coming off the bench. He was comfortable coming off the bench so I'd say he just stuck with that. I would say once he gets him use to starting games, Stevenson will definetly be starting.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:What about Coury? We all know he don't need to be on the court? But he didn't need to be on the court when Bradley and Crawford were on the team, but Gillespie still started him. Will BCG do the same this year?

i hope not
I hope Coury don't start this year but Harris will start at the SF cause of more experience in the college game and Miller will come off the bench as a 6th man
Lawrence Wrote:For some reason I don't really see Miller starting, at least early on anyways. I may be wrong though.

I think he has to start. Because meeks and patterson is the only two that can score 15+ a night,and miller has the ability to score. This makes the 3rd option.
Super_de Wrote:I think he has to start. Because meeks and patterson is the only two that can score 15+ a night,and miller has the ability to score. This makes the 3rd option.

I know we're going to be hard up for scoring but I still don't know if Miller is ready to step in and contribute right away. I think he's going to need to time until he becomes a scoring threat. I hope I'm wrong though.