Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th in '09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who do you think the top 10 teams in the 15th will be next season
johnson central
pike central
paintsville
magoffin co
east ridge
allen central
phelps
south floyd
shelby valley
belfry
lawrence co
pikeville
besty layne
As of right now this is what I'm going to say.
johnson central
paintsville
pike central
betsy layne
phelps
magoffin county
east ridge
allen central
shelby valley
belfry
south floyd
uksports99 Wrote:As of right now this is what I'm going to say.
johnson central
paintsville
pike central
betsy layne
phelps
magoffin county
east ridge
allen central
shelby valley
belfry
south floyd

I agree with the top 5. But, I think Phelps may end up higher as the season goes.
Johnson Central
Pike Central
Shelby Valley*
Paintsville*
Phelps*
east ridge
Magoffin
Betsy Lane
South Floyd
Belfry

* could flip flop either way between these 3
OffTheHook Wrote:I agree with the top 5. But, I think Phelps may end up higher as the season goes.

I totally agree, these girls WILL do work this season, many teams are going to be surprised. Come tournament time it's going to be on.
i think pike central, johnson central will be two of the best once again..valley and betsy layne will also be up there
Look for a much better Magoffin team, but JC is tops until someone beats them.
all five 57 teams will be in the top 10 .
uksports99 Wrote:As of right now this is what I'm going to say.
johnson central
paintsville
pike central
betsy layne
phelps
magoffin county
east ridge
allen central
shelby valley
belfry
south floyd

Not so sure Paintsville will be this high. Magoffin County will be better than most think. Phelps will be a big surprise I believe by season's end. Look for Sheldon Clark to play spoiler also I believe.
Allie Katt Wrote:Not so sure Paintsville will be this high. Magoffin County will be better than most think. Phelps will be a big surprise I believe by season's end. Look for Sheldon Clark to play spoiler also I believe.

Why is that. They only loose one girl and they are replacing here with in coming frosh VanHoose and a girl who had to sit out last year in Rowland. So IMO the Lady Tigers will be just like last season. Quietly in the mix and dangerous.
Don't forget about the Lady Cards of Sheldon Clark. This will be year 2 of the Rice era and he has alot of talent returning. Patience Brewer will be back. Lawrence County could be a big surprise team also. They return alot of girls from last year's team.
Johnson Central
Phelps
East Ridge
Sheldon Clark
P-ville
Pike Central
Shelby Valley
Belfry
Allen Central
phelps #2Smile now way they are going to be good but imo they are just a bunch of talent who is not going to be able to play together as a TEAM and i also heard that that riley kid wasnt going to be able to play this year because she is 19 or 20????? has any one else heard that?
hornet14 Wrote:phelps #2Smile now way they are going to be good but imo they are just a bunch of talent who is not going to be able to play together as a TEAM and i also heard that that riley kid wasnt going to be able to play this year because she is 19 or 20????? has any one else heard that?

this is completly false she WILL be playing next year
PHS#1 Wrote:this is completly false she WILL be playing next year

how old is the girl???
The Private Wrote:johnson central
pike central
paintsville
magoffin co
east ridge
allen central
phelps
south floyd
shelby valley
belfry
lawrence co
pikeville
besty layne

Where is Sheldon Clark on this list?
cards_athlete Wrote:Where is Sheldon Clark on this list?
According to PHS#1, SC is just above PC and Paintsville. Wink
hornet14 Wrote:phelps #2Smile now way they are going to be good but imo they are just a bunch of talent who is not going to be able to play together as a TEAM and i also heard that that riley kid wasnt going to be able to play this year because she is 19 or 20????? has any one else heard that?

I heard she was to old too. Has anyone heard if the two belfry girl are going to be able to play?
big_shot_08 Wrote:I heard she was to old too. Has anyone heard if the two belfry girl are going to be able to play?

She is not too old, her age is no problem for her or for the KHSAA. The girls who transfered have been ruled eligible.
Yeah of course they would be ruled eligible here is what I love about the freaking KHSAA. At Pike Central Olivia and Bree transfered from Pikeville to Pike Central and was ruled ineligible and well lets just go ahead and say it basically any kid who has ever transfered to Pike Central and been ruled ineligible. Where is the justice is ruling the Belfry girls eligible. I can tell you right now POLITICS RUN ALL THE WAY TO KHSAA. It is a freaking joke. B-4 ppl are like of your just jealous and all that B/S. I will tell you I am not jealous I just think it is ludicrous B/C it is the EXACT same situation.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yeah of course they would be ruled eligible here is what I love about the freaking KHSAA. At Pike Central Olivia and Bree transfered from Pikeville to Pike Central and was ruled ineligible and well lets just go ahead and say it basically any kid who has ever transfered to Pike Central and been ruled ineligible. Where is the justice is ruling the Belfry girls eligible. I can tell you right now POLITICS RUN ALL THE WAY TO KHSAA. It is a freaking joke. B-4 ppl are like of your just jealous and all that B/S. I will tell you I am not jealous I just think it is ludicrous B/C it is the EXACT same situation.

Sorry! I don't know exactly what you are talking about, just giving a response to the previous question. I just send and get the paperwork, don't know what else takes place! Sorry to stir up some bad memories!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Sorry! I don't know exactly what you are talking about, just giving a response to the previous question. I just send and get the paperwork, don't know what else takes place! Sorry to stir up some bad memories!

J.R it wasn't really a response to what you said. I have a lot of respect for you and what you have done over at Phelps. I just think that the KHSAA does things very shady at times. The reason you don't know what I am talking about is b/c you were still at P-VIlle with BMR at that time. But two girls transfered from Pikeville and were ruled ineligible the year Central made the final four of the state tournament. Now we all know the Belfry girls did not have a legal change of address nor did the girls from Pikeville. Now tell me how do they get ruled eligible...It is called Politics either that OR the KHSAA is very inconsistent. Oh and the reasoning for transferring was the same.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:J.R it wasn't really a response to what you said. I have a lot of respect for you and what you have done over at Phelps. I just think that the KHSAA does things very shady at times. The reason you don't know what I am talking about is b/c you were still at P-VIlle with BMR at that time. But two girls transfered from Pikeville and were ruled ineligible the year Central made the final four of the state tournament. Now we all know the Belfry girls did not have a legal change of address nor did the girls from Pikeville. Now tell me how do they get ruled eligible...It is called Politics either that OR the KHSAA is very inconsistent. Oh and the reasoning for transferring was the same.

Whitt did not play last year at Belfry so she will be ruled eligible.
NEXT Wrote:Whitt did not play last year at Belfry so she will be ruled eligible.

Ok that one is understandable but the other is not.
IMO it's part politics and part inconsistency. They should investigate transfers before ruling. There is a major difference in changing addresses and changing residences. I would say that very few eastern Ky transfers actually change residences. If players are caught not staying at the address they are supposed to, they should be ruled ineligible immediately and the school should be put on probation. Strict and consistent penalties would fix much of this.
great post!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yeah of course they would be ruled eligible here is what I love about the freaking KHSAA. At Pike Central Olivia and Bree transfered from Pikeville to Pike Central and was ruled ineligible and well lets just go ahead and say it basically any kid who has ever transfered to Pike Central and been ruled ineligible. Where is the justice is ruling the Belfry girls eligible. I can tell you right now POLITICS RUN ALL THE WAY TO KHSAA. It is a freaking joke. B-4 ppl are like of your just jealous and all that B/S. I will tell you I am not jealous I just think it is ludicrous B/C it is the EXACT same situation.

i agree POLITICS does go a long way!!!
I agree with the politics remarks. It is not only the KHSAA, but every state high school athletic association. It's all part of the game.
There were also 2 girls that came to Pikeville in the past few years that had to sit out a year-Anna Sanders & Megan Harris. What's fair for the goose is fair for the gander.....Anna moved, Megan did not. Both had to sit. All transfers should have to sit if any do. The KHSAA term "bona fide change of residence" is the problem. Just because someone buys a house for a transfer to live in and rents it to them for $1 doesn't make it "bona fide" IMO.....besides, programs aren't built on a foundation of transfers, except maybe at Scott Co.........LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4