Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bruce Pearl anticipates staying at Tennessee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Bruce Pearl led Tennessee to its winningest season, a brief No. 1 ranking and a regular-season Southeastern Conference title in only his third year at the helm.

Let the speculation begin. With coaching vacancies cropping up around the country, Pearl almost certainly will draw some suitors.

Pearl, though, seems to want to stay at Tennessee.

“It’s great to be a Tennessee Vol. I absolutely anticipate—if Tennessee will have me—being back at Tennessee. I think they’ll have me,” Pearl said after Thursday’s 79-60 loss to Louisville in the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=...&type=lgns
Word is that Pearl is trying to get Tyler Smith to go pro, basically told him to per catspause. If that being true then I think he will jump ship to Indiana. Also Scotty Hopson was considering Tennessee, if Pearl did leave for Indiana wouldn't surprise me if Hopson followed him right along. I'm anxious to see what happens in the up and coming days.
He has state of Indiana roots and some Big Ten, so this might something to think about.
I could see him at Indiana. he could bring it back to what it was with Knight.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I could see him at Indiana. he could bring it back to what it was with Knight.
I dont see anyone doing that but Knight. He was just a good coach who didnt give a ****.TongueirateSho