Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be the next coach at Indiana?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is going to be the next coach for the Hoosiers?

Coaches who IU is reportedly interested in...

Tony Bennett - Washington State
Bruce Pearl - Tennessee
Thad Matta - Ohio State
Rick Barnes - Texas
Sean Miller - Xavier

IMO, I believe that Tony Bennett will take the job.
I think Bruce Pearl would take it...
If Tennessee doesn't throw a lot more money at Pearl, he'll be a Hoosier next year.
Tony Bennett, "I left my heart in San Fransisco. OK, I'm in my 50s and I don't spell all that great. Do we have spell check on here?
BamaBoy Wrote:Tony Bennette (sp) "I left my heart in San Fransisco (sp). OK, I'm in my 50s and I don't spell all that great. Do we have spel chek on here?

Yes, but its better to just download Mozilla Firefox, because it automatically spell checks after your done typing instead of having to click on spell check.

Here is a link if you would like to download it...
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/lan...xgod23nRRQ
No way Bruce Pearl takes the job. Indiana was a team of the past, Tennessee is a team of the future.
Tony Bennett has been officially offered, when I find the link I will post it, but IMO he will. Sean Miller of Xavier would be great to.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/79660...to-Bennett
all focus is on Washington State's Tony Bennett.

There are contrasting reports about whether Bennett has been offered the IU job with Bennett going so far as to tell one media outlet Saturday that he hasn't "had one conversation" with Indiana. Still, according to multiple sources (one of whom is close to Bennett), here's the reality of the situation: No, Bennett has not "had one conversation" with "Indiana" or "formally" been offered the Indiana job, but that's not how this stuff works in this era. Remember, Billy Donovan was never formally offered the Kentucky job last year, but he knew it was his job if he wanted it.

This is similar.

According to sources, third-party representatives made Bennett aware late Friday through other third-party representatives that he can be Indiana's next coach if he wants to be Indiana's next coach. He is expected to decide in the next 24 hours and allow IU to move forward, one way or another. Furthermore, a separate source said if Bennett withdraws from consideration at Indiana he will use it to display his loyalty to Washington State before asking WSU officials for everything he needs (chartered planes, better pay for assistants, etc.) to consistently win in the Pac-10. If he gets it, great. If not, then he'll take a serious look at California or LSU, two other places where Bennett is considered among the leading candidates to fill a head coaching vacancy.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketb...y/10747236
I'm not really sold on Tony Bennett as a great coach. Yeah he has had a few nice years at Wazzou, but other than that no one had ever really heard of him. If the position is offered to Bruce Pearl, he would be crazy not to take the job. Whoever gets it will have to rebuild thats for sure.
I'm not sold on Tony Bennett either. I have seen a list of who all they have or want to talk to, but I know who ever takes I am afraid will have some NCAA sanctions on the program.
Eddie Sutton....
RavenBoy Wrote:all focus is on Washington State's Tony Bennett.

There are contrasting reports about whether Bennett has been offered the IU job with Bennett going so far as to tell one media outlet Saturday that he hasn't "had one conversation" with Indiana. Still, according to multiple sources (one of whom is close to Bennett), here's the reality of the situation: No, Bennett has not "had one conversation" with "Indiana" or "formally" been offered the Indiana job, but that's not how this stuff works in this era. Remember, Billy Donovan was never formally offered the Kentucky job last year, but he knew it was his job if he wanted it.

This is similar.

According to sources, third-party representatives made Bennett aware late Friday through other third-party representatives that he can be Indiana's next coach if he wants to be Indiana's next coach. He is expected to decide in the next 24 hours and allow IU to move forward, one way or another. Furthermore, a separate source said if Bennett withdraws from consideration at Indiana he will use it to display his loyalty to Washington State before asking WSU officials for everything he needs (chartered planes, better pay for assistants, etc.) to consistently win in the Pac-10. If he gets it, great. If not, then he'll take a serious look at California or LSU, two other places where Bennett is considered among the leading candidates to fill a head coaching vacancy.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketb...y/10747236
Tony Bennett has turned the job down.