Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scotty Hopson selected for US team at World Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where's the haters now? I love how people think he's SO overrated. This is only a 12 man team and he was selected, and try-outs were held for this.
You have a link?
It is true but it was announced almost two weeks ago. I don't know why this is being brought up now.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...ngton.html
PC_You_Know Wrote:Where's the haters now? I love how people think he's SO overrated. This is only a 12 man team and he was selected, and try-outs were held for this.
he is still a joke, wait and see buddy, when he gets into college he wont see no playing time.
RavenBoy Wrote:he is still a joke, wait and see buddy, when he gets into college he wont see no playing time.

What's your reason for thinking he's a joke? He's athletic, he's got a good shot and he can jump out of the gym. He'll start his freshman year.
He can get named to every freakin' all-star team he wants and my opinion will not change. Hopson can't shoot, he doesn't hustle, and has a pathetic attitude. He is very athletic and finish around the goal, but it's a lot easier to do in high school against kids 6 inches shorter than you than when in college it will be against guys just as athletic that can play just as well as he can. As I've said before he may go off and have a great career but I just don't see it.
I'm telling you, if Hopson had a coach that would push him to excellence then he will do some amazing things. He has all the mechanics off a really good player, but not the drive. He is use to being put on the court and being turned loose. Now if he had a real coach during high school that had control of him on the court then Hopson would have been amazing in your all's eyes.

But thats just my opinion.
Panther Thunder Wrote:He can get named to every freakin' all-star team he wants and my opinion will not change. Hopson can't shoot, he doesn't hustle, and has a pathetic attitude. He is very athletic and finish around the goal, but it's a lot easier to do in high school against kids 6 inches shorter than you than when in college it will be against guys just as athletic that can play just as well as he can. As I've said before he may go off and have a great career but I just don't see it.

I think if he came to Kentucky that Billy G would be able to change his attitude, If he came to UK I think our offense would definetly be more fast pace, especially with Darius Miller.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Where's the haters now? I love how people think he's SO overrated. This is only a 12 man team and he was selected, and try-outs were held for this.

it doesnt matter what recongnitions a player can get they can still be overated! and everyone is still gonna think he is overated, but i dont think he is he has tremendous upside and alot of potential i hope he goes to UK
RedSeal Wrote:it doesnt matter what recongnitions a player can get they can still be overated! and everyone is still gonna think he is overated,
very much so.
Panther Thunder Wrote:He can get named to every freakin' all-star team he wants and my opinion will not change. Hopson can't shoot, he doesn't hustle, and has a pathetic attitude. He is very athletic and finish around the goal, but it's a lot easier to do in high school against kids 6 inches shorter than you than when in college it will be against guys just as athletic that can play just as well as he can. As I've said before he may go off and have a great career but I just don't see it.

But lemme guess, you think UK should give Landon a scholarship?
PC_You_Know Wrote:But lemme guess, you think UK should give Landon a scholarship?
I dont, I think they both should walk on. Which UK needs big guys and both of those players are not big.
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont, I think they both should walk on. Which UK needs big guys and both of those players are not big.

Didn't quote you.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Didn't quote you.
I knowRolleyes
PC_You_Know Wrote:But lemme guess, you think UK should give Landon a scholarship?
NO. Why would you think that from an assessment of Scotty Hopson? Get over it. I have an opinion about Hopson and you have yours. I'm not trying to get you to change your mind just stating my opinion. My mind will not change no matter how many threads are started about the guy and whatever acalades he receives from whomever. He may go to UK and have a great career and I will admit I was wrong, but as of now I don't think he is what UK needs.
Panther Thunder Wrote:NO. Why would you think that from an assessment of Scotty Hopson? Get over it. I have an opinion about Hopson and you have yours. I'm not trying to get you to change your mind just stating my opinion. My mind will not change no matter how many threads are started about the guy and whatever acalades he receives from whomever. He may go to UK and have a great career and I will admit I was wrong, but as of now I don't think he is what UK needs.
I agree with you 100%
RedSeal Wrote:it doesnt matter what recongnitions a player can get they can still be overated! and everyone is still gonna think he is overated, but i dont think he is he has tremendous upside and alot of potential i hope he goes to UK
Amen.

Had to go that route didnt ya?
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm telling you, if Hopson had a coach that would push him to excellence then he will do some amazing things. He has all the mechanics off a really good player, but not the drive. He is use to being put on the court and being turned loose. Now if he had a real coach during high school that had control of him on the court then Hopson would have been amazing in your all's eyes.

But thats just my opinion.
Yea i agree and to me Billy G would def. push Hopson and create him into being a great player....
-STAT- Wrote:Had to go that route didnt ya?

He's always been against Landon or Paintsville and constantly looks for a way to put down either one or both. I've seen Hopson several times and everything about him being lazy is nothin' but the truth. He very rarely plays any defense and when the ball is shot he doesn't rebound but is the first one down the court to jam it home.....he has a pretty nice shot when it's falling, but IMO I don't think he was the best player on his team. Congrats to him for making it....if he worked hard and played on both ends he would be a complete player that all colleges would want.
IRISH4 Wrote:He's always been against Landon or Paintsville and constantly looks for a way to put down either one or both. I've seen Hopson several times and everything about him being lazy is nothin' but the truth. He very rarely plays any defense and when the ball is shot he doesn't rebound but is the first one down the court to jam it home.....he has a pretty nice shot when it's falling, but IMO I don't think he was the best player on his team. Congrats to him for making it....if he worked hard and played on both ends he would be a complete player that all colleges would want.

Edmonson is a tough player as well, would like to see him make it somewhere big.