Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scotty Hopson -- (Video Inside)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When will this guy commit and how are UK's chances of landing this very talented player?

[youtube="Scotty Hopson"]XgGNkWfciyk[/youtube]
Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Miss St., Tennessee, and Texas are all on his list on Rivals.
#1ukfan Wrote:When will this guy commit and how are UK's chances of landing this very talented player?

Sometime in April is when he said he is going to decide. He is visiting UK right now pretty soon.
I seen him play twice and wasn't impressed at all with him. Seen him at State Tournament and I wasn't the only one who wasn't impressed. He was lazy, didn't hustle at all and look liked all he was worried about was his numbers on the offensive end. Of course this is my opinion and people will disagree with it, so be it. Hopefully he goes to a big time program.
Hopefully it's not UK...
More less from everything I have read it is a battle between Tennessee and UK, but UK is heavy on Josh Harrellson(Forward who plays inside and out, Juco), Devin Ebanks(Indiana commit top 10 nationally), gettin Bud Mackey to walk-on, Jordon Crawford(Joe's brother at Indiana said he might look into UK, liked what he did for Joe). That sums up our recruiting for remainder of season.
I hope he goes somewhere that I hate lol. He is not that great.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:More less from everything I have read it is a battle between Tennessee and UK, but UK is heavy on Josh Harrellson(Forward who plays inside and out, Juco), Devin Ebanks(Indiana commit top 10 nationally), gettin Bud Mackey to walk-on, Jordon Crawford(Joe's brother at Indiana said he might look into UK, liked what he did for Joe). That sums up our recruiting for remainder of season.
What are your sources with Ebanks and Crawford? Ebanks did officially de-commit from Indiana but there are still on his list. He did say that he was opening up recruitment but not completely starting over with a new coach. From my understanding, UK was never a candidate when he committed earlier this summer to Indiana. He chose Indiana over schools like Rutgers, Miami, FL, and Memphis. As far as Crawford, he is going to transfer or something? He has already been there a year and is doing good, but I just do not see him transferring.

And where exactly have you been reading that Hopson's top 2 are TENN and UK?
Scotty Hopson is practicing for the west squad, getting ready for this weekends McDonald's All-American game. He said after that was over he would take a few visits, then make his decision after all his visits are over.

Now, as far as David Ebanks goes. It was said in Matt Jones blog that UK will push real hard to get Ebanks to come to Kentucky. I don't know if he is interested or not but we will find out something on him real soon.

Other possibilities are for Landon Slone to walk-on along with Bud Mackey, but they have to see how the trial goes with him to determine if he will be eligible to play or not. There is also a JUCO in Josh Harrelson. He is a big man that can shoot inside and out, like BlackcatFootball said.

But everyone will find out more on new recruits for the '08 season in a few weeks.
blackcat_student Wrote:Scotty Hopson is practicing for the west squad, getting ready for this weekends McDonald's All-American game. He said after that was over he would take a few visits, then make his decision after all his visits are over.

Now, as far as David Ebanks goes. It was said in Matt Jones blog that UK will push real hard to get Ebanks to come to Kentucky. I don't know if he is interested or not but we will find out something on him real soon.

Other possibilities are for Landon Slone to walk-on along with Bud Mackey, but they have to see how the trial goes with him to determine if he will be eligible to play or not. There is also a JUCO in Josh Harrelson. He is a big man that can shoot inside and out, like BlackcatFootball said.

But everyone will find out more on new recruits for the '08 season in a few weeks.
Where can I find this blog with Ebanks info?
fballfan07 Wrote:Where can I find this blog with Ebanks info?

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=5323
If we get a 4 star athlete to walk on at UK, were going to be ridiculous, especially with our recruiting class coming in for next year...
I keep hearing about Liggins not being eligible academically...What is that about? Is it his ACT, SAT, GPA or what? Could someone please fill me in...
It's his college entrance exam. He is out of state so it has to be his SAT. Not sure on UK's standards on the SAT, but I believe the ACT if he can get by with it, and admissions can pull a lot of strings for athletes so I'm sure he will, has to be a 22.
fballfan07 Wrote:I keep hearing about Liggins not being eligible academically...What is that about? Is it his ACT, SAT, GPA or what? Could someone please fill me in...

I've heard the same, but I cannot find out much info at all about it. It would be terrible if he wasn't eligible to play for Kentucky.
blackcat_student Wrote:I've heard the same, but I cannot find out much info at all about it. It would be terrible if he wasn't eligible to play for Kentucky.
Yeah, that might be the last thing we need. Now if Mike Williams or Jared Carter was like that then we may be ok...haha
Redneck Wrote:Hopefully it's not UK...

Why wouldn't you want him at UK?
I think if Hopson would have a good coach that would push him to do better then he will be an outstanding player. After watching Hopson play earlier this season it looked like he had no drive at all. He has all the characterlistics of a great player but he just plays lazy, now I'm sure that CBC would light a fire under his tail quick if he were to sign with UK. Which is all he needs, because he has been having an outstanding week of practice for the McDonald's All-American game.
if we get Hopson! umm can you say Final 4! LOL i hope so atleast
Billy G just wants him so KY fans will not get on his back about getting KY Boys. Hes not dumb, or I dont think so.
I dont think we should get Hopson. I think it would mess up the team chemistry because I dont think that Hopson and Patterson would work well together. What we need is a big body down low to rough some people up.
Just watched an interview between Scotty and Rivals.com recruiting expert Jerry Meyer.

Hopson says that he is all about getting to the top (NBA), he was asked if he was going to be a one and done player and he said that if he feels like he's ready then he'll go to the NBA but if he feels like he isn't ready then he'll play another season in college.

He was also asked what he is looking for in a college when he visits in the next week or so, he said one that fits his style of play (Up & Down Game), but he also said that he can play the half-court style also.

Here is the link, just click on his name just below the stories title...
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/video.asp?section=bbrecruit&pkey=&vidtype=amp&vidid=3254
Well if he wants to play the up and down game then this isnt the place for him.
colts12 Wrote:Well if he wants to play the up and down game then this isnt the place for him.

I honestly think that UK is the place for Scotty. Coach Gillispie will get everything he can get out of Scotty and help him perform at his best. He is exactley what we need, which is a scorer. We only bring back one player from last seasons team that averages above 10 ppg (Patrick Patterson). So what we need is someone that can come in and score.
blackcat_student Wrote:I honestly think that UK is the place for Scotty. Coach Gillispie will get everything he can get out of Scotty and help him perform at his best. He is exactley what we need, which is a scorer. We only bring back one player from last seasons team that averages above 10 ppg (Patrick Patterson). So what we need is someone that can come in and score.
I agree 100%...
blackcat_student Wrote:I honestly think that UK is the place for Scotty. Coach Gillispie will get everything he can get out of Scotty and help him perform at his best. He is exactley what we need, which is a scorer. We only bring back one player from last seasons team that averages above 10 ppg (Patrick Patterson). So what we need is someone that can come in and score.

Miller, Liggins?
colts12 Wrote:Miller, Liggins?

Miller won't come in and be an impact player right of the bat. He is a player that will be consistent threw his four years, but he will not be the goto guy in his freshman year. Liggins is basically Jasper with a better jumpshot. Liggins is at his best when he is creating for others.

Hopson can come right in and score, he is someone who can come in and have an immediate impact like Beasley is at K-State, Mayo at USC, and like Durant did at Texas.
blackcat_student Wrote:Miller won't come in and be an impact player right of the bat. He is a player that will be consistent threw his four years, but he will not be the goto guy in his freshman year. Liggins is basically Jasper with a better jumpshot. Liggins is at his best when he is creating for others.

Hopson can come right in and score, he is someone who can come in and have an immediate impact like Beasley is at K-State, Mayo at USC, and like Durant did at Texas.

Im not sayin that he couldnt be that guy. I think that he could . I just don't think that he would be a good fit for the team...but mabey Im wrong.
In AAU he is an ALL AMERICAN, a man playing with boys. In high school ball he is just another face in the crowd. He for whatever reason did not play as hard in high school as he did in AAU. If he goes to the right place and someone lights a fire in him he will be in the NBA in 2 years. However, thats a very BIG IF. AAU is what made him such a high recruit, he can dominate when he wants to...
Hopson makes verbal to Tennessee