Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Duke 71 - Belmont 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Belmont Bruins had a chance to be the first Cinderella of the 2008 NCAA tournament, but a missed last second shot allowed Duke to advance to the second round with a one-point victory.

Dang, I was hoping Belmont could pull it off.
Congrats Duke, but if they are looking to make some noise in this tournament they need to pull it together.
You know the only thing that would have helped me get over UK getting beat would've been Belmont beating DUKE. I now hate Belmont!
Bad refs on both sides is all I have to say.
I am glad to see Duke win only for one reason. Cause I have them going to the Elite 8. But I would've been glad to see them go down.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I am glad to see Duke win only for one reason. Cause I have them going to the Elite 8. But I would've been glad to see them go down.

I agree
Worst game I've ever seen. I dont know of Duke didnt come to play or if they just over looked their opponent. Belmont played a realy great game to know let Duke start to slip away. Im a Duke fan and really they did deserve to get beat for playing like that last night. But if they wanna advance past West Virginiathen they better step it up now!!
Belmont deserved to win this game! They outplayed Duke on every possession! Just the way the cookie crumbles with Duke as usual!
I would have loved to seen Duke lose since I didn't do any brackets this year but if I did I probally would have threw a fit if they lost
GOD I PRAY RIGHT NOW WVU BEATS DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the way Duke has played this season besides a few games they may be the most OVERRATED team. However, they are very youthful which is always good. Now if they would play the way they did against NC both games this season then they would have lived up to all the hype, I am beginning to think all the praisers of Duke are turning into doubters lol. No disrespect NYY.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:GOD I PRAY RIGHT NOW WVU BEATS DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the way Duke has played this season besides a few games they may be the most OVERRATED team. However, they are very youthful which is always good. Now if they would play the way they did against NC both games this season then they would have lived up to all the hype, I am beginning to think all the praisers of Duke are turning into doubters lol. No disrespect NYY.

haha none taking. I'll always be a Duke fan but seriously to play like they did in the tournament, they did derserve to get beat. I just hope next year's is better then what this year was!!
NYY10 Wrote:haha none taking. I'll always be a Duke fan but seriously to play like they did in the tournament, they did derserve to get beat. I just hope next year's is better then what this year was!!
Well my prayer was answered lol j/p NYY.
I think they will be amazing next season they were just to youthful this season and had many mental lapses which cost them the games they lost and ones that shouldn't have been close. They will be so much more matured and use to the style of play at the next level. I hope you didn't have them going to far in your bracket lolSmile
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well my prayer was answered lol j/p NYY.
I think they will be amazing next season they were just to youthful this season and had many mental lapses which cost them the games they lost and ones that shouldn't have been close. They will be so much more matured and use to the style of play at the next level. I hope you didn't have them going to far in your bracket lolSmile

haha believe it or not I had them in the Championship game playing North Carolina. But I didnt pick Duke to win it, but still my bracket is killed right now!!
NYY10 Wrote:haha believe it or not I had them in the Championship game playing North Carolina. But I didnt pick Duke to win it, but still my bracket is killed right now!!
well I had them making the final four Sad
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well I had them making the final four Sad

haha sucks dont it!!
Belmont need to win that game, the out shott and out played duke. Duke just lucked up.