Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats: Year In Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know everybody's thoughts on this season of UK Basketball.
I think it was a pretty solid season considering the transition of a new coach, the injuries, and the terrible start. The resolve of the seniors, Bradley and Crawford, is something that I will never forget. They were not put in the best situation to say the least but they fought through it and did a tremendous job in leading this team to a huge turnaround from the beginning to the end of the year. Does anyone else agree that despite the record and how it all ended, that this team was really fun to watch as the year progressed?
Kentucky got off on the wrong foot with all the injuries Derrick Jasper coming off the surgery and then lose to Gardner Webb made things worse made me embarresed to say I was a UK fan and then losing to San Diego I think there was too many loses to teams they should have beat with what talent they had and Alex Legion I think Billy messed letting him go should have tried to keep him at UK then they finally put toghter some good wins and got were they at to end my post I'll say it was a decent season should have been better I didnt expect it to be that way though
I don't think this season went the way anyone thought it would go. I knew it would be rough with the transition of getting the players to play Billy G's style. Losing Legion hurt, and at the time, I thought it would make the season even worse. However, if you remember, Gillispie said before the Gardner-Webb game, "They will expose our weaknesses." I think the only people not surprised they lost that game was the players. Of course losing to Gardenr-Webb, San Diego and being ousted of the Big Dance in the first round isn't what we expect as UK fans, but who would have ever thought after a 6-7 start, we would even be dancing? A few things I took from the season:

*Patterson is better than advertised, and will be a HUGE asset to the UK program however long he stays

*Gillispie can take mediocre players like Jasper, Harris, and Stevenson and transform them into key "role players" and vital contributors

*Gillispie is not a guy to make excuses (whether it be injuries, scheduling, etc.). He will tell things the way they are and not sugar coat it

*With the recruiting tactics of this staff, UK will be in GREAT hands for many years to come

I'm not going to say I was expecting this type of season, but I hadn't really set my hopes high. I will say the way this team turned around in January, and the way they came together after losing Patterson is very promising if future teams will continue to show this much heart and determination (and I believe they will).
I think uk's season turned out better then what we was expecting.
This season leaves me hope for the future.
It turned out to be an exciting season with some wins. It will only get better next year.
I think next year now that all the guys seem to be buying in to whatever Gillespie is teaching them they will be by far a better team....perry stevenson has shown us what he can do...that will compliment patrick patterson nicely...along with some good gaurd play could mean a sweet 16 IMO for the cats next year