Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which, if any, Number 1 seed goes down first?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Might get laughed at here, but I got Mississippi State knocking off Memphis in the second round. Mississippi State is the kind of team that poses several obstacles for teams like Memphis. They are big, athletic and mean, and I have a feeling they will upset Memphis in the second round...I got Georgetown beating Kansas in the Elite 8..I think the other number ones go to the Final 4 though..
I think Kansas is the worst of the #1 seeds, but I also believe that Memphis has the highest chance of losing before the Final Four.
I think Kansas loses to Clemson in the sweet 16 to be the first #1 out!
UCLA will lose to Duke in the Elie Eight.Wink
xavier or geogia??? whos ur pick
HotSauce32 Wrote:xavier or geogia??? whos ur pick

Well neither of them are number ones.
North Carolina will be the first #1 out as they lose to
Arkansas in the second round.If you ask me to be the #1 seed overall they got screwed cause they are some teams in that bracket that could all go deep!
Im gonna go with UCLA, there way overrated.
I will go with Kent St over Kansas in the 2nd round. Not likely, but the first legitimate shot of a #1 losing, I think. Ark over UNC could happen, jus didnt want to say it, cause I thought LOTS of people would be picking that one.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Might get laughed at here, but I got Mississippi State knocking off Memphis in the second round. Mississippi State is the kind of team that poses several obstacles for teams like Memphis. They are big, athletic and mean, and I have a feeling they will upset Memphis in the second round...I got Georgetown beating Kansas in the Elite 8..I think the other number ones go to the Final 4 though..
i got state winning also my final 4 UNC,WISCONSIN,TEXAS, AND UCLA WITH CAROLINA WINNING IT ALL.
i got Vandy over Kansas in the Elite 8...and i got Memphis winning it all
Im with you TH32, I think Miss State very well could knock out Memphis, but if they dont I still think Memphis is the 1st 1 one seed to exit the NCAA tourney. A team cant wait the tournament without making FTs and Memphis struggles.
Memphis will go out first...they would have been mediocre in the SEC.
memphis
I got Memphis as well going down to Pitt in the Sweet 16. Calipari chokes in big games. Had they been in the ACC, Pac-10, or even the SEC they would've dropped some games because the amount of quality teams in those conferences is much greater than those in Conf. USA.
Memphis or UCLA will go down 1st. UNC and Kansas have been playing tough teams all year and UNC has lost 2 games and Kansas 3. Memphis and UCLA play very weak schedules. Not impressed with either one. UCLA has had a lot of close games lately so they are due for a loss. Memphis just doesn't play any teams that are any good. Like someone else said, if they were in a good conference, they would just be average.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Memphis and UCLA play very weak schedules. Not impressed with either one. UCLA has had a lot of close games lately so they are due for a loss.

As much as I dislike UCLA, I believe their SOS of schedule was pretty good this season. Though I believe ESPN and such over hyped the Pac10 to a point, the conference was still very good from spots 1-9. Also, UCLA was able to mount a record of 6-1 against the top 25 which is the most wins as anybody in the tourney. 4 other teams have 5 wins, but have triple the amount of losses.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Memphis or UCLA will go down 1st. UNC and Kansas have been playing tough teams all year and UNC has lost 2 games and Kansas 3. Memphis and UCLA play very weak schedules. Not impressed with either one. UCLA has had a lot of close games lately so they are due for a loss. Memphis just doesn't play any teams that are any good. Like someone else said, if they were in a good conference, they would just be average.
I agree with ya.
HotSauce32 Wrote:xavier or geogia??? whos ur pick
Xavier...........Georgia's used up all of their luck by now!
4_real Wrote:North Carolina will be the first #1 out as they lose to
Arkansas in the second round.If you ask me to be the #1 seed overall they got screwed cause they are some teams in that bracket that could all go deep!
I agree, they got screwed, but they are good enough to beat either team they face.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I think Kansas is the worst of the #1 seeds, but I also believe that Memphis has the highest chance of losing before the Final Four.

I think Kansas got screwed not being the overall #1 seed. I think they are the best number 1 seed. They have the best athletes, their defense is rediculus, their bench goes unbelievably deep, and they play the best team ball next to UNC. I think Kansas has a great shot at winning it all. JMO though, but I think UCLA is the worst of the #1's.
I say Memphis is the most vulnerable. The reason is because they have only played on really good team and that was Tennessee at home and they lost. They cant shoot free throws very well. I say they get knocked up either by Miss St. or Mich St.
Memphis loses to Pittsburg in the Sweet 16
Memphis & UNC both bow out in the secound round.

UNC drops to Ark./Indiana winner

&

Memphis falls to Miss. ST.

Kansas & UCLA play for the title.
OMG Wrote:I think Kansas got screwed not being the overall #1 seed. I think they are the best number 1 seed. They have the best athletes, their defense is rediculus, their bench goes unbelievably deep, and they play the best team ball next to UNC. I think Kansas has a great shot at winning it all. JMO though, but I think UCLA is the worst of the #1's.

I agree with you 100%. I think Kansas has the talent to win it all this year.
either memphis by pitt or ucla by duke
NYY10 Wrote:either memphis by pitt or ucla by duke

UCLA wouldn't beat Duke til late in the tournament. Do you think all of them will last that long in the tournament? Just in one of my brackets I have Notre Dame beating UNC. I don't think it's as far fetched as everyone thinks. If Notre Dame wins that first game, they could possibly go on a run to the elite 8.
UCONN beats out UCLA in the Sweet 16
4_real Wrote:North Carolina will be the first #1 out as they lose to
Well I dont see Arkansas getting pasted IU.
Confusedmoke:
Memphis goes down first.
My final four is unc, kansas, texas, and ucla....KANSAS wins it all
Pages: 1 2