Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bottomline: Georgia win = UK exit from NCAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this what it will come down to. Seeing how Georgia will get an automatic bid if they somehow win the SEC that will be the 5th team in from the SEC, and Kentucky will be watching the tournament from Lexington.
They'll be watchin the game from a hotel while playin in the NIT. Darn tornado...
If we would have just beat Gardner Webb
You right God obviously didn't want the Cats to play in the Tourny this year. I wouldn't accept a bid to the NIT.
ESPN (NCAA Official) said the committee does not look at what conference the teams come from until after they have determined the 65 teams, so that they won't play in the first round. So, it doesn't matter how many teams come from a conference, it depends on each individual team.
We are in regardless...
Well, I certainly do hope that Cats make in into the NCAA.I don't know how teams who are worse than us can get in and us not get a bid.
GA is up by 19
I think UK is in regardless. Like was already mentioned, the committee doesn't and cannot use conference affiliation to determine bids. They're not even allowed to mention conference affiliation. I haven't seen any actual bracket projections or Joe Lunardi even have UK on the bubble at this point.

The only way and upset in a conference tournament would be knocking UK out of the NCAA tournament would be if UK were currently sitting as 1 of the last 2 or 3 teams to receive a bid according to the committee.
Everything I have read today has Kentucky as any where froma 9-11 seed. I don't think that a Georgia win would drop them from that seed all the way out of the tournament.
Panther Thunder Wrote:ESPN (NCAA Official) said the committee does not look at what conference the teams come from until after they have determined the 65 teams, so that they won't play in the first round. So, it doesn't matter how many teams come from a conference, it depends on each individual team.

If this is the case then maybe they are in, but I think it will still be hard to put them in if Georgia wins, whether or not they are aloud to affiliate conferences with teams, they are very aware of how many from each conference they are putting in the tournament.
I think Georgia may be about to run out of gas guys. We may not even have to worry about this.
I know it's cut to 3. Come on Pelphrey what's the deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their not out of gas. Arkansas choked. Actually everybody choked. Mississippi State, Kentucky, and now Arkansas have let the worst team in the league run them out of the gym.