Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Arkansas vs. Georgia (SEC Tourney Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts, Predictions..

I dont think anyone saw this one coming
Go Razorbacks!! WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!! ALL UK fans need to be for the Razorbacks, and keep GA from bursting someone's bubble.
Yeah I hope Arkansas wins this one.
This is great for a former UK alumni to be in this position. It makes you question why he wasn't considered for the UK job in the first place. I loved in his post game interview they asked him what he did to give his team the chance to win, and he simply told them that it was all his team he had nothing to do with it. He really showed his modesty and how humble he was, and that alone will take him far in coaching.
It is very true though, if Georgia somehow was to win that would knock somebody out and it could very well be UK the way it's looking.
OMG Wrote:This is great for a former UK alumni to be in this position. It makes you question why he wasn't considered for the UK job in the first place. I loved in his post game interview they asked him what he did to give his team the chance to win, and he simply told them that it was all his team he had nothing to do with it. He really showed his modesty and how humble he was, and that alone will take him far in coaching.
Give it a few years!!Big Grin
Best of luck to JLP and the Hogs tomorrow. Bring it back for all your Cat fans and Paintsville. In the statement earlier talking about why wasn't John considered as the UK coach this time around, John himself said he wasn't interested in the job right now in an article I read. He said he didn't want to go into that situation and possibly bring a bad name to the remarkable career he had with the Cats and start to have people looking at him differently. Another thing, John is a heck of a recruiter but was really unproven to take on the winningest college team in America as a head coach, his track record in the Sun Belt over 5 years lead him to a record a little over .500. On the other hand BCG has led two teams to astonishing turn arounds during his tenure and was named or in consideration for National Coach of The Year several times. John was left with a team at Arkansas stacked with senior talent from last season and many thought they would dominate the SEC during the regular season. Yes he has done a great job during the tourney, but with the talent he had coming back, the struggles he has endured along the way, and the unfamiliarity with a large conference as the head man such as the SEC it is kinda a no brainer why he wouldn't have got the job had he applied. If anyone was watching them play Vandy yesterday the announcers said John gave a lot of credit to one of his assistant coaches that was the former head man at Ole Miss to make the transition a little bit smoother. After BCG leaves UK and JLP proves that he can put a team in a major conference in contention year in and year out, then he should be our #1 target. Just my thoughts on it.
Go Hawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Hogs!!!!!
This is why I wanted Ole Miss to win.
Arkansas by 7