Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Didnt Paintsville Varsity compete today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If so, has anyone heard how they did? With Paintsville being on this great big high from the boys taking home the regional tourney, it would be great for the girl cheerleaders to win a competition the same week!!! :letsparty Confusedmallchee
I heard today from someone that talked to one of the mothers that
Belfry placed 1st
Paintsville 2nd

they were the only two in their division!!They are suppose to be home tomorrow night to get ready to leave for Rupp......

Congrats girls
Be careful on the road today. And focus on getting to cheer at the Rupp. Must be an awesome feeling.
Congrats girls.
Paintsville did get 2nd, but it wasn't to Belfry. I don't remember who beat them? Belfry didn't have their high school squad there. Belfry Middle School was at the competition and they didn't get 1st. They came in 2nd to Johnson County Middle School.
Paintsville got beat by a squad with all hand-springs, not one tuck, layout or full... Paintsville hit all of their stunts with the exception of one coming down a tad too early.....
but you tell me this.... WHAT KIND OF JUDGES WOULD GIVE A SQUAD WITH ONLY HAND-SPRINGS, AND ONLY 2 MAJOR STUNT SEQUENCES IN THEIR ROUTINE A 299.5 OUT OF 300?
PAINTSVILLE RECIEVED A 283.5 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...
SOMETHING IS A LITTLE JACKED UP HERE DON'T YOU THINK?
Wow, I've never heard of a score being that close to perfect. I know when I judge, I judge harsh!! That does sound a little fishy, but then again, I didn't see the rouinte so I can't say anything
Well the routine wasn't that great... ask anyone from johnson central middle school, they were there.
I'll take your word for it. That score is outrageous. Like I said, NEVER heard of ANY score being that high.
They were right that school wasn't very good at all. I don't know how they received a 299.5. Johnson County Middle didn't get that high and they were flawless that day. Well with the exception the spotter guy stepped on their flag and twisted it. Paintsville did do a good job that day and they were very supportive of the johnson county girls. That was much appreciated since the Belfry people spent most of their time (booing) them!
I really don't like hearing of cheerleaders booing at others. Especially since Belfry and Johnson Central both are from Eastern KY. You'd think that they'd support each other!
That is the problem with cheerleading competitions if you want my opinion! I know many good judges, but.....there are some fishy things that go on behind the scenes too! I know of scores being changed and so forth. I don't really have a solution since judging is subjective. It is sort of like ice skating (which has had judging scandals too). It just isn't fair to the competitors who work hard to put together a routine and perform it well.