Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What time will UK vs UG tip-off tomorrow!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any word yet on the time tomorrow
No word yet. They are saying a decision may not be made until the morning.
No official word yet but I'm sure that www.secsports.com will be the first website to post the information when it becomes available.
im watching WYMT TV and there saying that there is no word yet...they are sayin that the whole Atlanta area is under the severe weather warning
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/14/storm.a...index.html

Take a look at a couple of those pics. It shows how bad it was.
just got off phone with a uk offical and they are thinking they will have to move to another arena the problem is over 20,000 cat fans and no other place will hold that many fans.
After seeing all the damage on CNN, and reading that Phillips Arena may be booked tomorrow, I'm starting to wonder if the games will be played at all. If they play the games at Tech, or even at Phillips, I guess they'd have to refund a lot of money because of lost seating capacity. It's going to be an interesting morning.
If they can't get the Georgia Dome back up and running and have to move it to another facility, the capacity would be less than half of the tickets already sold. I just don't know how they'd determine who would be allowed in and who wouldn't. Not to mention you'd run into the problems of those who have spent lots of money on planes and gas to watch these games.

It's going to be a very interesting morning in any event.
Various websites and radio shows are reporting that the game be moved from the Georgia Dome to Georgia Tech's arena, that only holds 9100 people. The game between UK & UGA would be played at Noon, and the Tennessee/Arkansas game would be played around 3:30 or 4 p.m. And the semi-final game between UK/UGA vs. Miss. State would be played around 7:30 or 8 p.m.

As for the ticket holders, its a first come first serve deal.

NIGHTMARE... Hope that the Atlanta police department is ready for a riot at the gates of Georgia Tech's arena!
blackcat_student Wrote:Various websites and radio shows are reporting that the game be moved from the Georgia Dome to Georgia Tech's arena, that only holds 9100 people. The game between UK & UGA would be played at Noon, and the Tennessee/Arkansas game would be played around 3:30 or 4 p.m. And the semi-final game between UK/UGA vs. Miss. State would be played around 7:30 or 8 p.m.

As for the ticket holders, its a first come first serve deal.

NIGHTMARE... Hope that the Atlanta police department is ready for a riot at the gates of Georgia Tech's arena!
In addition, the 2 scenarios go like this:
1) 1 Quarterfinal UK vs UG will be played on Saturday. with 2 semi-final games played on Sunday. The 2 winners being named co champions.
Or.
2) The winner of the UK vs UG game will play twice on Saturday.
Ok i just got back to the hotel and this is absolutely rediculous. I mean how can they move the tournament to Georgia Tech when it holds only 9100 people and there is probably close to 20,000 uk fans down here...So how in the world can they possibly give out the tickets with all these people down here. Completely ludacris...i better get in tomm or it will be on...
Charlie Wrote:Ok i just got back to the hotel and this is absolutely rediculous. I mean how can they move the tournament to Georgia Tech when it holds only 9100 people and there is probably close to 20,000 uk fans down here...So how in the world can they possibly give out the tickets with all these people down here. Completely ludacris...i better get in tomm or it will be on...

Rumor has it the SEC has asked permission to use GT as the site tomorrow, so it looks like it is for real. Ludicrous indeed. A lot of fans are going to be disappointed tomorrow, as well as the fact that Coach Gillispie has already voiced his displeasure over playing two games tomorrow (injuries). This whole thing will be a mess, be interesting to see how it all plays out.
But do they even think about all the money everyone has spent to come down here, gas, plane, food, tickets hotels...Not to mention besides all the uk and uga fans, but the ppl who bought the books for the whole tournament are not going to get to see all the games they paid for either??? This is crazy and I still havent heard an official time they are going to have the game?
Charlie Wrote:But do they even think about all the money everyone has spent to come down here, gas, plane, food, tickets hotels...Not to mention besides all the uk and uga fans, but the ppl who bought the books for the whole tournament are not going to get to see all the games they paid for either??? This is crazy and I still havent heard an official time they are going to have the game?

Most premium boards are reporting noon, but that may just be a rumor.
When we was leaving the dome, they just told us to bring back the other part of our ticket and we would get in the game. Now, after they have switched it to GA tech gym i dont know whether they will be honoring that or if they will actually be given an alottted tickets to who ever shows up first or what?
Charlie Wrote:When we was leaving the dome, they just told us to bring back the other part of our ticket and we would get in the game. Now, after they have switched it to GA tech gym i dont know whether they will be honoring that or if they will actually be given an alottted tickets to who ever shows up first or what?

Just wake up extremely early and talk to the people at the front desk, or make a call to the ticket office. I'd wake up as early as possible though, just in case it turns into a first come first serve type of deal.
No fans will be allowed to go to the game. Here is the quote from the UK Athletics website & the link to that article. I guess they're not honoring tickets because of the chaos that allowing only certaiin fans into the gym would have caused.
http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&..._well_id=2
"For all four remaining tournament games, admission will be limited to players' families, cheerleaders and bands as well as anyone holding a working credential."
Yea that was a dumb call. What I didnt understand was that they cancelled the game last night but the fans couldnt leave the building because of the weather. If everyone has to stay there, why not play the game?
Yeah, I think a fan riot will do more damage than the tornado did. BUT, I don't see UK fans actin like that, they may get mad but they ain't gonna turn over any cars or anything, BUT then again, Lex was a mess after we beat LSU, lol. Poopy situation down there in Catlanta, that's for sure.
Ok I am lost. I know the Dome will probably not be played in. But in Atlanta isn't there a NBA team. The Hawks. Where do they play or do they play in the dome as well? If they don't play in the Dome then why not have it where the Hawks play. There should be enough room there for just about everyone if not everyone considering it would be an NBA arena.
Im telling ya they will try to do anything to stop UK. A tornado, switch gyms, I mean whatelse are they gonna try to do. Im sorry that we have 50,000 fans down there. Punish us because were good fans and a good school.
The Dome isn't safe enough to play in at all. It's unfortunate but they sure aren't going to play games there with holes in the roof and more storms on the way, get real.

There's a concert scheduled already in the arena where the Hawks play so that was out of the question so there was only one option left.

Nothing anybody can do about an act of God like this except to accept it. Terrible situation, but there's no way you can plan for something like this in advance.
RavenBoy Wrote:Im telling ya they will try to do anything to stop UK. A tornado, switch gyms, I mean whatelse are they gonna try to do. Im sorry that we have 50,000 fans down there. Punish us because were good fans and a good school.

:confused: What?
alfus21 Wrote::confused: What?
If it isnt the refs, its mother nature.
and_1 Wrote:Ok I am lost. I know the Dome will probably not be played in. But in Atlanta isn't there a NBA team. The Hawks. Where do they play or do they play in the dome as well? If they don't play in the Dome then why not have it where the Hawks play. There should be enough room there for just about everyone if not everyone considering it would be an NBA arena.

From what I've heard, they basically have shut down downtown Atlanta. I think there was supposed to be a St. Patricks Day parade that they cancelled as well. I guess they feel that things are just too dangerous to have thousands of people walking around. That's probably why they won't have the games where the Hawks play.
Atlanta is also in the line for more severe storms today as well.
and_1 Wrote:Ok I am lost. I know the Dome will probably not be played in. But in Atlanta isn't there a NBA team. The Hawks. Where do they play or do they play in the dome as well? If they don't play in the Dome then why not have it where the Hawks play. There should be enough room there for just about everyone if not everyone considering it would be an NBA arena.

they play in Phillps Areana there is some kind of event there for the whole week
or that is what they said last night on TV
It's basically not rained in Georgia for a year and now they cant play games for storms.
For all four remaining tournament games, admission will be limited to players' families, cheerleaders and bands as well as anyone holding a working credential.

http://ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_..._well_id=2
this is a riduculus...bet there is some pretty p'd off cats fans in Catlanta
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:this is a riduculus...bet there is some pretty p'd off cats fans in Catlanta
Lord yea. If I was on spring break and went there, I would be so mad that I wouldnt do a thing. Smile