Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK vs Georgia Decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tornado is reportedly to have hit the Georgia Dome during the overtime of the Alabama/MSU game...

WOW!:eek:
That is pretty scary, especially with the area being so crowded.
MS and Bama will start back up in ten minutes according to Dave on the TV. So hopefully Uk can start not too much later than scheduled.
Id say the Kentucky game will start about 10:30 or 10:45
Wow that terrible. Are there any reported injurys?
After looking at the radar it looks like another cell is going to go threw the Atlanta-Metro area.
They just said that our game probably wont start till after 11. That means it could to like 1 in the morning.
The guys on Raycom did say that the games will be finished/played.
Raycom guys just said that it looks like a war zone outside.

ALSO

Possible midnight start for the UK/UGA game!
Now they are saying it night not start till MIDNIGHT!!! :zzz:
blackcat_student Wrote:Raycom guys just said that it looks like a war zone outside.

ALSO

Possible midnight start for the UK/UGA game!

I saw on another site that there was significant damage to the area and that many were injured.
alfus21 Wrote:I saw on another site that there was significant damage to the area and that many were injured.

I hope not.
The Arkansas team is fine. My dad went down, and I still wish I would have gone.
They can't warm-up yet do to more severe weather expected.
they arent letting the teams warm up cause another storm is supposed to hit and they cant play till the storm passes or the warning is over
another storm warning until 11:15
just reported 8 pl injured at a hotel near Georgia Dome
This is crazy. I need to work tomorrow....blah, I can't stay up this late.
Talking about moving the Semi's back to a later start so that the players would have time to recover.
The game has been postponed.
Postponed!!
jUST IN FROM THE SEC....GAME POSTPONED DONT KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE PLAYED!!!
No word yet on when the game will be played. But it won't be tonight.
Due to weather the game will be postponed until tomorrow.
This sucks, I was hoping to get back in tonight and watch the end of this game. I got off work at 10:45 and was assuming that UK would be in the 2nd half.
fans must stay in the dome until they are cleared by the National Weather Service
just saw on espn.com that the games will be moved to GTECH campus the game will be played at NOON and then first semi final will be at 6:00pm with 2nd at 8:30pm the tickets are going to be limited to players families,cheerleaders,bands, and other credentialed individuals what ever that means.
ATLANTA -- After suffering storm damage to the Georgia Dome Friday night, the Kentucky men’s basketball team had its quarterfinal matchup with Georgia in the Southeastern Conference Tournament, moved to Georgia Tech at noon on Saturday. Both semifinal-round games will also be played Saturday at Georgia Tech. Tennessee will face Arkansas at 6:00 p.m., and Mississippi State will face the Georgia-Kentucky winner approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first semifinal.
The SEC Tournament championship game will be played at Georgia Tech at the previously scheduled time of 1:00 p.m. (EDT). For all four remaining tournament games, admission will be limited to players' families, cheerleaders and bands as well as anyone holding a working credential.

http://ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_..._well_id=2
Won't this upset a lot of fans that had tickets? If they're only allowing family members, cheerleaders and media?
ComfortEagle Wrote:Won't this upset a lot of fans that had tickets? If they're only allowing family members, cheerleaders and media?

Yes, I'm sure it will/has. I'm sure there won't be any problem getting reimbursed for the face value of the tickets, but most people's biggest gripe are going to be hotel expenses, gas money, plane tickets, etc. that was spent by tens of thousands of people to view these games.

No doubt about it that there will be MANY lawsuits filed against the NCAA/SEC and anyone else who is deemed responsible for the actions. Though I will understand the reason for these people's frustrations, I don't agree with filing a lawsuit though I'm sure it will happen.
Pages: 1 2