Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morris Gone ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well UK fans......Looks like we may lose another player to the money of the NBA. I am glad the players are good enough to go, but I feel that if you accept a scholarship from a school, and leave after a year...Its a slap in the face.

He didn't live up to expectations anyway.......
are u kidding me?? morris to the nba?? morris was a complete joke last year, with all the hype this kid got before the season and the expectations, he didnt perform at all, didnt help the team in ne way, and was a complete and utter JOKE....hope to god he doesnt get drafted but ne team
Morris entered his name in the draft, but did NOT hire an agent, so he can come back to the team. But he must withdraw his name from the draft by the 21st if he wants to stay on the team, the draft is on the 28th.
He'll go
I agree 4leaf....I think he's gone Arrow
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:are u kidding me?? morris to the nba?? morris was a complete joke last year, with all the hype this kid got before the season and the expectations, he didnt perform at all, didnt help the team in ne way, and was a complete and utter JOKE....hope to god he doesnt get drafted but ne team

8)
I agree with you. But i think he'll go. Would he rather be doing tests,studying etc. Or get paid to learn how to play ball??
what next. Rondo to the NBA.

Need to put an age minimum in the NBA! 21??
"Confessions" Wrote:
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:are u kidding me?? morris to the nba?? morris was a complete joke last year, with all the hype this kid got before the season and the expectations, he didnt perform at all, didnt help the team in ne way, and was a complete and utter JOKE....hope to god he doesnt get drafted but ne team

8)
I agree with you. But i think he'll go. Would he rather be doing tests,studying etc. Or get paid to learn how to play ball??

I agree with you. He will take the money. Some team will take a chance on him. They wouldnof havle last year also, and thats before he had a year of college ball under his belt.

So long morris..

I feel much better about SHAG at the 5 spot anyway.
There is no way a GM or a scout will tell Morris that he'll be lottery pick or a first rounder. Morris is just testing the waters. He'll work out for a few teams and then they'll tell him what he needs to work on. Actually, it's the smartest move he could make.

Now, if he turns stupid and hires an agent, we'll see him bounce around in the development league and never hear from him again.
I say let him go
According to a source close to the University, Morris will not leave UK if he is projected lower than 15th.

According to http://www.draftcity.com in a Mock Draft Morris would be the 20th pick in the first round. He would be drafted by the Washington Wizards and possibly traded to the Denver Nuggets.
Well now if he doesn't go, we know he will at the end of the next year. So now Tubby will have a better idea of who to recruit, and who and how to develop for the next year.
i figured he would do something like this. i think he is just testin to see what his stock is.
Personally I wouldn't buy 1 share of his stock. I don't think the guy is what he was cracked up to be coming out of high school. He is clumbsy, can't shoot, and can't catch. I say play Alleyne over Morris. Alleyne just excited me when he played.
i agree wit u somewhat...morris if he stays in college can be great
I wish he would go ahead and leave because you can tell he doesn't want to be here. Better that he leave now.
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:i agree wit u somewhat...morris if he stays in college can be great
8)
BCF4L yea i liek Shag too but he is weaker than water and slow as all get out... Morris had some bright moments. look at the Cincy game. he held his own against those thugs. just needs to develop more.
morris really improved over the season, and him and rondo were gonna make a very good duo...but if he leaves, kentucky will stink
UK will not stink cause of Morris leaving. i dont even know how u come up with that.

we got that transfer who will make a impact. Shag and Woo are stuill improving.

UK might be a lil down if Morris does leave but be far from stinking.
i agree with the godfather, if he is trying to leave now then i wouldnt take him back, he will keep bouncing back and forth if he can and like it was already stated, if he comes back if he leave at the end of the next year or something. since tubby knows that he is so ready and willing to leave the team and go to the nba right now, it shows where his heart is.

i personally dont think that morris is good enough for the nba. alleyne might go to the nba at some point because his tall enough and with some work he could be good. his big statue is hard to carry around but with some weight lighting and endurance training he could be great. rajon rondo would probably get picked way before morris was. i would have to agree with however said that he is basically slapping the school in the face because he signed on the play with the school and that is exactly what he should do. by giving him a scholarship the residents of kentucky is basically paying for some of his schooling with some tax dollars im sure so he is just turning his back on us. i dont see him doing very good and if he comes back to UK because he is under the 15th pick that just shows that his expectations of himself are higher that what he is capible of.
when i say stinking, that means no national champ. and no final four next season....face it morris, hayes, azuibuke, how are they gonna replace them, and no JUCO player is gonna make kentucky that great
i iddnt say he would make em great but the Juco player will help them. really all depends on our shooting. if we shoot the ball better we can go to the Final Four.
no....we shot well against michigan state, and still lost....
lol yea we sure did. Kaz shot real well that game. we shot free throws well too. :roll:
I really do not believe Morris will make it to the Nba this year, hes just not ready for that big of a jump but he is playing it smart by not signing a agent so he can still come back, and also if he doesnt make it and comes back he will be so much improved since he went to all of the Nba camps. One other thing I cant believe what some of you people where saying about UK not being good next year if Morris leaves! This is Kentucky basketball we are talking about! We lost what 3-4 starters last year? And then this year made it to the Elite 8 just to fall short in Double OT. What ever happens UK will be fine next year!