Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JUCO Guard Commits to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://kentucky.rivals.com/barrier_noent...=&tid=&mid=

Current season stats...

PPG- 8.8
RPG- 4.1
Assts.- 256
TO- 106
FT- 54%
3FG- 44%
FG- 51%

Only real bad thing about him is that he has 106 turnovers and has a low free throw shooting percentage, other than that he has some very nice stats. Galloway originally signed his LOI to play for USC before going to The College of Southern Idaho.

High school profile: http://usc.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?S..._key=38959
Looks like a good recruit. He is a 6'6 Small forward, Junior College transfer.
RavenBoy Wrote:Looks like a good recruit. He is a 6'6 Small forward, Junior College transfer.

He looks to be another Derrick Jasper.
Looks like he can shoot better than Jasper though.
Jasper shot pretty good Sunday.
Sweet, I was hoping we could get him. His team averages around 115 PPG.
Here is some info off of rivals about him, someone posted this, its from the stuff you have to be a member or whatever.

The Golden Eagles average an eye-popping 112.2 points per game, including a 160-point onslaught against University of Montana Western in which Galloway dished out 17 assists.

He's a 6-7 point guard, but he could probably play either guard position or the wing. The reason we like him so much as a point guard is his size and vision. His size gives him a unique perspective. He can really see over the defense and make passes that put his teammates in a good position to score.

He's an exceptional ball-handler and passer, a very unselfish player who makes everyone around him better, and he plays really fast.
Per Rivals, also had offers from Memphis, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St and Tennessee.

He originally was a 4 Star that committed to USC (Southern Cal).
Some sites list him as a small forward, others list him as a point guard. I'm sure he could play either very well. His court vision has to be excellent. Great sign for UK. With Liggins, Miller, and now Galloway, future is looking VERY bright. Now let's go get Hopson!!!
They have been saying on the radio that he is like a twin to liggins. Plays just like me.
As long as he can play and help out the cats i dont care were he is from lol
Looks like a good sign for UK.
Do we even have anymore scholly's to give out??? I mean with Legion's departure we got an extra one, but that should equal 3 for this class (Joe's, Ramel's, Legion's), so where is this scholarship going to come from? And Carter is the only Junior on the team and we already have an '09 commit so are we just gonna sit on the '09 class???
fballfan07 Wrote:Do we even have anymore scholly's to give out??? I mean with Legion's departure we got an extra one, but that should equal 3 for this class (Joe's, Ramel's, Legion's), so where is this scholarship going to come from? And Carter is the only Junior on the team and we already have an '09 commit so are we just gonna sit on the '09 class???
I'm not sure how the whole scholarship thing works, but at the same time, I'm not worried about it. Gillispie knows what he is doing, and I have complete faith in him to bring the best to Lexington.
Really having a hard time seeing why we need him for next year. With Liggins and Jasper being our two main ball handlers where will Galloway fit in.
I guess it is a talent that can not be bad for a team, so welcome to the university Mr. Galloway.

Starting 5: Bench:
Liggins -------- Jasper
Meeks -------- (Hopson!!!)
Patterson --------- Miller
Stevenson --------- Stewart
Harris or Galloway?----Porter------------- Coury, (Carter should be gone), Williams

Are we going to go with a 2 guard lineup with Jasper and Liggins or go with Liggins and Galloway? Either way,we will have some great speed.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Really having a hard time seeing why we need him for next year. With Liggins and Jasper being our two main ball handlers where will Galloway fit in.
I guess it is a talent that can not be bad for a team, so welcome to the university Mr. Galloway.

Starting 5: Bench:
Liggins -------- Jasper
Meeks -------- (Hopson!!!)
Patterson --------- Miller
Stevenson --------- Stewart
Harris or Galloway?----Porter------------- Coury, (Carter should be gone), Williams

Are we going to go with a 2 guard lineup with Jasper and Liggins or go with Liggins and Galloway? Either way,we will have some great speed.
I don't see Jasper playing guard next season, especially now that they have signed Galloway. No doubt Jasper is a great ball handler, but to me, the way he has been used this season, Gillispie likes him at the SF position. Liggins and Galloway, maybe Porter, look to be our main point guards/ball handlers next season. That's JMO though.
Even with Jasper's new found shooting ability I think that he has alot of work to be a great SF. I hope constant work over the offseason will do the trick but I don't know.