Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WCC Finals: San Diego - 69 Gonzaga - 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
San Diego (21 - 13) wins the WCC championship and punched their ticket to the big dance.

San Diego had a great season, a win at Rupp over Kentucky, and a WCC championship, their first since 2003. Gonzaga and San Diego are the only two teams to win the WCC tournament in the last 10 years. Gonzaga has won it eight times, and SD had won it twice.

I wonder what this win will do to Kentucky's seeding, that loss doesn't look AS BAD now.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/gamecast?gameId=280702250
This is good and bad. Good because a team that beat UK is going to the Big Dance now. Bad that Gonzaga didnt win their Conference Tourny and they will get a AT-Large Bid in the Tourny and that dont help UK chances out.
RavenBoy Wrote:This is good and bad. Good because a team that beat UK is going to the Big Dance now. Bad that Gonzaga didnt win their Conference Tourny and they will get a AT-Large Bid in the Tourny and that dont help UK chances out.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. This most likely means that the WCC will have three teams in the dance.

I think UK has almost assured itself of a bid, and with a win friday in the tourney, I think we are a lock.

This win really hurts teams like Syracuse and Florida, who are barely on the bubble.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Yeah I was thinking the same thing. This most likely means that the WCC will have three teams in the dance.

I think UK has almost assured itself of a bid, and with a win friday in the tourney, I think we are a lock.

This win really hurts teams like Syracuse and Florida, who are barely on the bubble.
Too bad Gardner Webb couldnt win theirs. Smile
Makes that loss look alot better now!
Congrats San Diego
Personally I think this is good because it turns one of our horrible, horrible losses into a "strong" loss. Now as for them taking the spot of an at large team, yes that is true but with that conference title, I believe it will push us forward while hurting teams like WVU and Arizona.