Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wade Hits a Grand Slam, No. 4 UK Defeats Purdue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Freshman shortstop Chris Wade launched a grand slam over the left-center field fence in the sixth inning, breaking open a 2-1 game, to lead the No. 4 Kentucky baseball team to a 6-1 win over the Purdue Boilermakers in game one of a twinbill, on Monday afternoon at Cliff Hagan Stadium
I have got a question...Who in the world has UK ranked no. 4 in the nation? I've looked at the Baseball America Poll and UK ranks 17th...there is also another poll on ESPN that has 15th...

But no where close to 4th....Just curious...
The poll that UK goes by seems to have them as a much different ranking than the other two polls. They began the season as 17 or 18 then jumped to 9 and now they are 4th? But I guess UK is forced to go by the same poll that all other school do so if they say they are 4th in the nation I think that other porgrams will look at them as fourth in the nation.
fballfan07 Wrote:I have got a question...Who in the world has UK ranked no. 4 in the nation? I've looked at the Baseball America Poll and UK ranks 17th...there is also another poll on ESPN that has 15th...

But no where close to 4th....Just curious...

the collegiate baseball news poll 4th
Baseball America 17th up from 24th
Usa/Today coaches poll 15th up from 18th
Baseball sportswriters poll 20th up from 23rd

Until they play a top 25 team they probably won't rank much higher

the collegiate baseball news must really like them