Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 Georgetown 105 Pikeville 99
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Pikeville season is over at 22-9
G-Town is a very good team. They stoped by powell county high school to practice the other day on their way to pikeville.
did pikeville make it to the national tournament?

Bears waited to long to fight back.
So the finals are G-town and University of the Cumberlands. Go Patriots!!
crazyfan4 Wrote:did pikeville make it to the national tournament?

Bears waited to long to fight back.
If they would have beat GTown they would have had a chance but not now. Im pretty sure their season is over.
Their season is over. I'm not one to ***** about the officiating, but this was by far one of the worst called games I've ever seen in my life. Pikeville had 2 players foul out and then about 4 or 5 others with 4 fouls each. G'town did get away with more in the first half then in the 2nd the refs were equally bad, but not on just the fouls...there were a few occassions when G'town would throw it away and a Bear player wouldn't be anywhere close but the possession was gave back to them. Georgetown is a good team and deserved to win, but Pikeville showed and played with a lot of heart and emotion down the stretch. Good luck next year.
I listened to part of this game on the radio tonight after work. It sounded like it was a hard-fought game with lots of emotion.
The Bears played hard and never gave up but Georgetown just had too much in the first half. Congrats to the seniors on great careers!!
I know they should have beat them @ GTown and they were some really bad calls against Pville. They said there was a record crowd there tonight somewhere around 2,700.
IRISH4 Wrote:Their season is over. I'm not one to ***** about the officiating, but this was by far one of the worst called games I've ever seen in my life. Pikeville had 2 players foul out and then about 4 or 5 others with 4 fouls each. G'town did get away with more in the first half then in the 2nd the refs were equally bad, but not on just the fouls...there were a few occassions when G'town would throw it away and a Bear player wouldn't be anywhere close but the possession was gave back to them. Georgetown is a good team and deserved to win, but Pikeville showed and played with a lot of heart and emotion down the stretch. Good luck next year.

Couldn't agree more. One that sticks out in my mind was with about 6 min left in the game the younger ref of the group called a goal tending call on Pikeville when the ball was not even touched. At that point it was an 11 point game.

Pikeville just played horrible the first 10 minutes of this one. G'Town was hot hitting 8 out of their first 10 shots, but that had a lot to do with Pikeville had no defensive presences early on in this one. Every game that Pikeville has played G'town has been Pikeville's for the taking but the first two games missed free throws beat them. Then tonight allowing G'town to take a early double digit lead. Congrats on a great season to Pikeville.

I thought Pikeville needed to get Hicks involved more in the game early on. He hit the opening shot of the game then did not get another open look until the 2nd half. It did have a lot to do with great defense, but I think Wells needed to find some way to get him open like he did in the last game they played. He can not do much when running point the whole game. Yates played better then in previous games. But hey I am just a spectator lol.
whos your momma Wrote:So the finals are G-town and University of the Cumberlands. Go Patriots!!

Gonna be a good game!
RavenBoy Wrote:I know they should have beat them @ GTown and they were some really bad calls against Pville. They said there was a record crowd there tonight somewhere around 2,700.

Not there for the Pville game!!!! Not good attendance IMO. The 2,700 was for the whole day. Over 2,700 tickets sold, not 2,700 in the Expo for one game.
BTW, that #5, Justin Taylor, for Georgetown can jump out of the gym. He dunked twice in the game, one backwards on an alleyoop. But I saw him take in between his legs during pregame warmups. Pretty Incredible
DreamWeaver Wrote:Couldn't agree more. One that sticks out in my mind was with about 6 min left in the game the younger ref of the group called a goal tending call on Pikeville when the ball was not even touched. At that point it was an 11 point game.

Pikeville just played horrible the first 10 minutes of this one. G'Town was hot hitting 8 out of their first 10 shots, but that had a lot to do with Pikeville had no defensive presences early on in this one. Every game that Pikeville has played G'town has been Pikeville's for the taking but the first two games missed free throws beat them. Then tonight allowing G'town to take a early double digit lead. Congrats on a great season to Pikeville.

I thought Pikeville needed to get Hicks involved more in the game early on. He hit the opening shot of the game then did not get another open look until the 2nd half. It did have a lot to do with great defense, but I think Wells needed to find some way to get him open like he did in the last game they played. He can not do much when running point the whole game. Yates played better then in previous games. But hey I am just a spectator lol.
I heard that next year Wells will be getting another PG so Hicks can be the 2 gaurd.
IRISH4 Wrote:Their season is over. I'm not one to ***** about the officiating, but this was by far one of the worst called games I've ever seen in my life. Pikeville had 2 players foul out and then about 4 or 5 others with 4 fouls each. G'town did get away with more in the first half then in the 2nd the refs were equally bad, but not on just the fouls...there were a few occassions when G'town would throw it away and a Bear player wouldn't be anywhere close but the possession was gave back to them. Georgetown is a good team and deserved to win, but Pikeville showed and played with a lot of heart and emotion down the stretch. Good luck next year.

Gtown had 3 players foul out and 3 others with 4 fouls.

Pikeville's bad 1st half killed them.... nobody to blame but Pikeville.
FullCount Wrote:Gtown had 3 players foul out and 3 others with 4 fouls.

Pikeville's bad 1st half killed them.... nobody to blame but Pikeville.

I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!Georgetown was just as bad, if not worse with their player's foul conditions.
RavenBoy Wrote:I heard that next year Wells will be getting another PG so Hicks can be the 2 gaurd.

Well right now he has Yates and to be honest I do not see him making a change to his line up any time soon unless one of these kids leave or flunk out. Because none are senior are they? Wells likes having as much height on the floor as possible and I do not think that is a good thing. He needs some kids with quickness. Every time down the floor G'Town would kill them with their first step because the just can't react fast enough. If Wells is smart he will get his kids in the weight room because the undersized G'Town pushed them around all night long.
DreamWeaver Wrote:Well right now he has Yates and to be honest I do not see him making a change to his line up any time soon unless one of these kids leave or flunk out. Because none are senior are they? Wells likes having as much height on the floor as possible and I do not think that is a good thing. He needs some kids with quickness. Every time down the floor G'Town would kill them with their first step because the just can't react fast enough. If Wells is smart he will get his kids in the weight room because the undersized G'Town pushed them around all night long.
Well I dont know his name but the black guy with the moehawk suppost to be leaving after this year. I dont know his number either, He is a PG also. I heard that he was leaving.
RavenBoy Wrote:Well I dont know his name but the black guy with the moehawk suppost to be leaving after this year. I dont know his number either, He is a PG also. I heard that he was leaving.

The only other PG that I know that plays any is Xavier Yates which is #3 and he is black. I don't remember him every having a mohawk but he is one that would have at some point in time. I hope you are right on them picking one up, would be nice to see him playing at the SG spot.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:BTW, that #5, Justin Taylor, for Georgetown can jump out of the gym. He dunked twice in the game, one backwards on an alleyoop. But I saw him take in between his legs during pregame warmups. Pretty Incredible
Those dunks were sick. The backwards alleyoop was one of the best I've ever seen in a game.