Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 75 Florida 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
I Believe we are going DANCING!!!!!!

:letsparty
Ohh yea Cats should be in the big dance now.
Did everyone see Billy G. emotions at the end of the game.
good job cats!!! That should be enough to punch our ticket to the NCAA tourny... but that doesnt mean we can slack off in the SEC tourny. Lets keep it rolling!!!
Bradley-14
Crawford-16
Jasper-14
Stevenson-18
Batpuff Wrote:Did everyone see Billy G. emotions at the end of the game.

Yea he was pumped... should be tho.. that was a good win.
I cannot wait for the SEC Tournament. With a good draw, and considering the way they are playing right now, Kentucky might be playing Tennessee on Sunday for the Championship.Wink
I doubted them and I shouldn't have, I definetly think if someone doesn't have this team in the tournament they are out of their mind. I think they are also borderline top 25 team. Some of these teams like Drake, UK is better than.
great effort by Stevenson, he had an amazing game. Also I would like to congratulate Bradley and Crawford for four great years, and for also not giving up this year when things got really difficult.

We should be dancing now, UK has finished 9-7 in sec play with similar over 10 losses in the past two seasons, I believe a 12-4 mark in the sec should put us in the tourney. UK has beaten every team in the sec besides MSU.

Hopefully they can keep rolling through the SEC tourney.
Batpuff Wrote:Did everyone see Billy G. emotions at the end of the game.

After the game he thanked the fans for their support. Then he let a couple of the players talk as well. He was really emotional as he talked about how proud he was of the Seniors Crawford and Bradley.
Great win for the cats. I think after the butterflys went away Crawford and Bradley played pretty good. Stevenson must have had an S on his chest for this game. The one down point would have to be the foul shooting. Not very many turnovers either. I must admit that they are playing better without Patterson than I thought they would.
Jasper played well also, Billy G was pumped probably cause he knew they just got in the tourny with that win.
His post-game press conference was excellent. Got the mic and thanked everyone then handed the mic to the 2 seniors
The Cats played so good in this game but they did struggle against the press late in the game but Bradley put it out of reach for the Gators. The only thing that bothered me today was free throws, we couldn't buy one today.

Go Big Blue!
You have to feel good if you're a UK fan. The Cats should go dancin'. I didn't think after the Vanderbilt setback this team had a chance, but you have to admire their heart the last weeks, especially with Patterson gone.
jammin' jamey Wrote:You have to feel good if you're a UK fan. The Cats should go dancin'. I didn't think after the Vanderbilt setback this team had a chance, but you have to admire their heart the last weeks, especially with Patterson gone.
Yea i know what ya mean, I didnt think they would make it, but IM glad I was wrong. Even if were 1 and done in the NCAA Tourny im just proud we will make it.
Woo Hooo!!!! Go Big Blue!!!!!
Way to go Cats...the cats should be dancin now !!!
Not only is UK going dancing, but UK beat Florida for the first time since 1856. Gillispie for Coach of the Year! Great job Cats!! And is anybody else other than me excited about seeing Patterson and Stevenson creating one **** of a duo for next season?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Not only is UK going dancing, but UK beat Florida for the first time since 1856. Gillispie for Coach of the Year! Great job Cats!! And is anybody else other than me excited about seeing Patterson and Stevenson creating one **** of a duo for next season?
That is the 1st time UK beat Florida since 1856?? :eek:
Smile it was a joke..but its been awhile..I think Florida beat us 8 straight times..
RavenBoy Wrote:That is the 1st time UK beat Florida since 1856?? :eek:
I wouldn't hold my breath on them making the field of 64. They are 18-11 after the win today. C.M. Newton told the Lex Herald last that he didn't think they deserved a bid and he is on the committee that picks the teams.
If UK has a good run in the SEC tourney and makes the finals then you could consider putting them in. Eleven losses is a lot to overlook if you are on the committee.
kyrifle Wrote: I wouldn't hold my breath on them making the field of 64. They are 18-11 after the win today. C.M. Newton told the Lex Herald last that he didn't think they deserved a bid and he is on the committee that picks the teams.
If UK has a good run in the SEC tourney and makes the finals then you could consider putting them in. Eleven losses is a lot to overlook if you are on the committee.
Are you kidding? A top 50 RPI (48 entering today) and a strength of schedule of 10!!! What this team has done considering everything it has had to endure is amazing. And the committee looks at everything (i.e. injuries, late season "surges," etc.). This team is playing the best basketball in the SEC and is playing as good as anyone in the country right now. They're definitely going dancing. Lunardi had them a 10 seed before today's game. Assuming they win 1, 2, maybe 3 games in the SEC tournament, I'm seeing a 7-9 seed. Not bad considering how this season started.
Let's Go Dancin, YEA! DANCIN" YEA!

Billy Ball is taking us to the Tourney. Derrick, Joe, and Ramel can lead us to at least the Sweet Sixteen IMO.
Whats sad is on ESPN's College B-Ball page it doesn't even mention the UK and Florida game today. How sad is that. But Puke and the Tar heels have there little tag on the main page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index
Great game today i was there best part of the whole game was billy G getting teary eyed during senior day
This was a great game... way to go Cats!!!
kyrifle Wrote: I wouldn't hold my breath on them making the field of 64. They are 18-11 after the win today. C.M. Newton told the Lex Herald last that he didn't think they deserved a bid and he is on the committee that picks the teams.

There is no way, I repeat absolutely no freakin' way, the Cats are not in. They will have a higher seed than most people think too.
A great day to be a UK fan!!!

The CATS will rock the SEC, and seem to have locked up a spot in the big dance!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Pages: 1 2