Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK's Pro Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sounds like Andre Woodson was pleased with his performance and UK running backs Derrick Locke and Alfonso Smith had blazing 40 times. Locke ran a 4.21 and Smith ran a 4.24. These two guys have to be the fastest men in college football. A 4.21 is unbelievable!
Here is a link to the video. Hope it works!

http://videos.kentucky.com/vmix_hosted_a...id=1754268

BTW Steve Johnson ran a 4.46.
A 4.21 has got to be the fastest time in college football. That is very impressive. Not many running backs are as fast as Derrick Locke.
I can't wait until Derrick gets full playing time at Running Back, he is going to be something special.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:I can't wait until Derrick gets full playing time at Running Back, he is going to be something special.

I agree
HazzBeen Wrote:Sounds like Andre Woodson was pleased with his performance and UK running backs Derrick Locke and Alfonso Smith had blazing 40 times. Locke ran a 4.21 and Smith ran a 4.24. These two guys have to be the fastest men in college football. A 4.21 is unbelievable!

According to that video the players were timed with hand held stop watches. That way of timing isn't even close to being accurate. That 4.21 time in reality is probably closer to 4.4 . The times won't stand unless it's electronically timed.
kyrifle Wrote:According to that video the players were timed with hand held stop watches. That way of timing isn't even close to being accurate. That 4.21 time in reality is probably closer to 4.4 . The times won't stand unless it's electronically timed.

A hand held watch has at most a .1 second error, sometimes less, so the the slowest Locke was clocked is a 4.31 which is blazing for a Freshmen.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:I can't wait until Derrick gets full playing time at Running Back, he is going to be something special.

He'll still be splitting time next year with Alfonso Smith and Tony Dixon.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:He'll still be splitting time next year with Alfonso Smith and Tony Dixon.

this is true...However, I would play Locke as the go to back to have more carries. IMO he is better than both and it will help us out in the long run to have he with more experience. I mean think about it for the first 3 games the kid played in he only knew 30% of the play book and if he had played the entire game would have had a better game than any of our top 3 backs. IMO hes our #1 back.

I agree with ya to man. A 4.21 40 time is unheard of.
PC_You_Know Wrote:A hand held watch has at most a .1 second error, sometimes less, so the the slowest Locke was clocked is a 4.31 which is blazing for a Freshmen.

More words of wisdom from the smartest man alive.

Where did you hear this from?
Redneck Wrote:More words of wisdom from the smartest man alive.

I would imagine there is going to be a difference or they wouldn't use the electronic timers at the combine.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I would imagine there is going to be a difference or they wouldn't use the electronic timers at the combine.
There is a difference and it's more than .1 seconds.
Redneck Wrote:More words of wisdom from the smartest man alive.

your posts amuse me because you have nothing better to do than quote and complain about every post I make, you either come up with "get real" or "grow up" I think you should take your own advice.
PC_You_Know Wrote:your posts amuse me because you have nothing better to do than quote and complain about every post I make, you either come up with "get real" or "grow up" I think you should take your own advice.

That's because 90% of the time your posts make no sense or you have no idea what your talkin about. You say your still in high school, it's amazin how much you know about everything.
Redneck Wrote:That's because 90% of the time your posts make no sense or you have no idea what your talkin about. You say your still in high school, it's amazin how much you know about everything.
He makes sense to me.
RavenBoy Wrote:He makes sense to me.

Of course he does...