Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ESPN Predicts the Cats are out of the NCAA Tourny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just seen on the new bracketology breakdown on ESPN that University of Kentucky was out of a shot at getting in the tournament. Just wanted to know everybody's thoughts or more information on the subject. If you look to the side it lists Kentucky as being one of the last four out.

Here's the link...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketolo...d=tab1pos1
I dont think that loss to UT will keep them out of the tourement. UK lost to the #1 team in the nation by 3 they are just as derversing as anyone in the NCAA. IMO its those early season losses to Garner Webb and such that could keep them out of the torment.
These things change week to week. If they win their next two UK will be back in.
Good thing ESPN doesn't pick who makes the tourny. If they did it would be Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. UNC vs. UCLA vs. Duke vs. Memphis vs. Duke vs. Kansas vs. Randy Macho Man Savage vs. a bologna sandwich.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:These things change week to week. If they win their next two UK will be back in.

Very true. But we have to win them. If we don't, we probably won't make it.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Good thing ESPN doesn't pick who makes the tourny. If they did it would be Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. UNC vs. UCLA vs. Duke vs. Memphis vs. Duke vs. Kansas vs. Randy Macho Man Savage vs. a bologna sandwich.
LOL thats an interreasting matchup you have there CE Smile .
Digger and Vitale think we will make it, tonight Digger even said he can't believe Joe Lunardi has us as last four out on Bracketology. Plus every other site has us in except ESPN.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Good thing ESPN doesn't pick who makes the tourny. If they did it would be Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. Duke vs. UNC vs. UCLA vs. Duke vs. Memphis vs. Duke vs. Kansas vs. Randy Macho Man Savage vs. a bologna sandwich.
I thought this was a TidesHoss32 Post when I first read it, lol...COMICAL and TRUE!
I quit payin any attention to anything that is said on ESPN by their "EXPERTS", whether it's college football, basketball etc. The only thing you can truly believe on there anymore is hi-lites and scores from games.
OMG Wrote:I just seen on the new bracketology breakdown on ESPN that University of Kentucky was out of a shot at getting in the tournament. Just wanted to know everybody's thoughts or more information on the subject. If you look to the side it lists Kentucky as being one of the last four out.

Here's the link...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketolo...d=tab1pos1
This is actually a step UP for the Cats if you can believe it. We weren't even mentioned on the list before this week. Being a "Last on out" means we have moved up the list to even be considered. But I believe that we will be in it. Especially if we can win this week and finish with 12 wins in the SEC regular season. I don't see how they can keep someone out after that.
Beef Wrote:This is actually a step UP for the Cats if you can believe it. We weren't even mentioned on the list before this week. Being a "Last on out" means we have moved up the list to even be considered. But I believe that we will be in it. Especially if we can win this week and finish with 12 wins in the SEC regular season. I don't see how they can keep someone out after that.

I agree if they finish with 12 wins I would think so. As long as they make a good showing in the tournament too though...If they win out they won't have to win the tournament but the semi's would help.
UK wins 18 regular season games and a game in the SEC tourney, they're in. I dont give a fat rats *** what ESPN says..I'd bet a payday on it..
Kentucky finishes over .500 and wins a game or two in the conf. tourney, they are in. The selection committee knows UK brings the most fans no matter where they send em. MONEY MONEY MONEY
Sure...tell Digger Phelps that he'll try to fight you. He loves UK.
Who cares what ESPN thinks they're all Red Sox fans anyway. UK will be alright as long as they do well in the SEC tournament.
launchpad4 Wrote:Who cares what ESPN thinks they're all Red Sox fans anyway. UK will be alright as long as they do well in the SEC tournament.

Smile Smile Smile :Thumbs: That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. The remaining games with USC and Florida are absolute must wins as all have been down the stretch and then one, hopefully two wins in the SEC tounament imo will get us in.
Looks like were headed to the Not Invited Tournament( N.I.T.) unless we win the next 2
OMG Wrote:I just seen on the new bracketology breakdown on ESPN that University of Kentucky was out of a shot at getting in the tournament. Just wanted to know everybody's thoughts or more information on the subject. If you look to the side it lists Kentucky as being one of the last four out.

Like Beef said, that's actually an upgrade on Bracketology. Last week we weren't even in the "last four out", we were in the "next four out". So he did move us up on his board.

I agree with everyone else on here. If we win these last two games and finish 12-4 in the SEC, we're in. Done deal.
I saw on yahoo sports that they have UK as a 12 seed in the tourny already..but might be just what they think
Yahoo, SI, Fox Sports and Rivals have UK in. CBS and ESPN have them out.