Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Longest Careers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which college athletes do you think it seems like had the longest career ever?

I must say Ron Slay was a vol. for a good 10 years.
This is an interesting thread, I'm always saying "man it seems like so and so has been there forever"Smile He's not a current player but it seemed like Renaldo Balkman played for a lot more than four years at South Carolina.
Bobby Hurley played at Duke from 1958 until 2007..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Bobby Hurley played at Duke from 1958 until 2007..

Smile Smile Smile
What was the red-haired guy's name that played at Georgia a few years ago? It seemed like he was there for a long time.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Bobby Hurley played at Duke from 1958 until 2007..

Smile That's hilarious...
It feels like Demarcus Nelson has been at Duke for 10 years..
I always thought Chris Duhon for Duke played there FOREVER!!!!!!!!
bluegrassballa Wrote:I always thought Chris Duhon for Duke played there FOREVER!!!!!!!!
He's another one, lol. I guess that's a good thing, atleast Duke's players for the most part go to college for the right reasons.
Jason White at Oklahoma, of course he did get atleast 1 and maybe 2 medical redshirts which would explain most of it.
Im pretty sure sundiata gaines from georgia has played ever since i can remember.cant forget a name like that,lol
J.J Redick played at Duke when UK won it's 1st national title.
Drew Neitzel(sp?) from Michigan St....seems like he was on the team when we played them at Ford Field and then in the Elite 8 in 04'. When I seen he was on the team at the first of this season I was like "what the ****"...he has been on the team forever.
Gotta go with Wayne Turner or Tubby Smith lol
Ronald Steele-Alabama
Paul Davis -Michigan State
Matt Bonner-Florida
Chris Thomas- Norte Dame
Smile it seems like anybody that puts on a Duke uni is there for the decade..Shane Battier was another..Battier enrolled at Duke when Winston Churchill was 8..
Redneck Wrote:It feels like Demarcus Nelson has been at Duke for 10 years..
Seemed as if Chuck Hayes was here forever.
MVP2 Wrote:Ronald Steele-Alabama
Paul Davis -Michigan State
Matt Bonner-Florida
Chris Thomas- Norte Dame

Haha man I forgot about Matt Bonner and Paul Davis...
Matt McCutchan played center at UK for a really long time.
Heavens at all of the Duke hate.... mostly because most of them stay a full four years, I'm sure LOL
Shane Battier was at Duke forever as well.... Does anyone remember the Stokes guy from mizzou that had long hair? seemed like he started for them as a 7th grader.
Ron Sleigh. He had to have been there the entire time I was in elementary school thru Junoir High. D.J. White at IU. Demarcus Nelson at Duke. Drew Neitzel. Erik Ainge. Tyquan Dean. Clark Stepp. Matt Bonner.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Smile it seems like anybody that puts on a Duke uni is there for the decade..Shane Battier was another..Battier enrolled at Duke when Winston Churchill was 8..

:lmao: That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are that's funny.
Kirk Hinrich and Nick Collison
Haha, I thought JJ Reddick was at Duke for a long time. Seemed like he had like 5 freshman seasons. Another, I swear I have heard Brandon Rush's name like 7 years ago. Seems like he's been there forever at Kansas as well.
JJ Redicks college career was longer than Michael Jordans pro career.
Seemed like Jimel Martinez was at UK forever.
Tayshaun Prince seemed like he had a nice and long career as well.
McNamara, at Syracuse, stuck around awhile too it seems like.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Haha, I thought JJ Reddick was at Duke for a long time. Seemed like he had like 5 freshman seasons. Another, I swear I have heard Brandon Rush's name like 7 years ago. Seems like he's been there forever at Kansas as well.

You may be thinking of Brandon's brother Kareem Rush who also played in the Big 12 a year or 2 before Brandon entered. Kareem played for Missouri before leaving school early to enter the draft.
Pages: 1 2