Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK's Patterson out for season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/16120972.html

Patterson done for remainder of season due to stress fracture, this comes just after I posted good news about him.
Kentucky freshman Patrick Patterson will miss the rest of the season after being diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left ankle. Patterson, the only freshman ranked among the SEC’s top 10 scorers (16.4 points per game) and rebounders (7.7 rebounds per game), had an x-ray taken Friday morning at the UK Hospital that confirmed the injury.

More...
I just saw this on kentucky.com. Devastating news for the Cats. When I first read it, I actually had to look at the calendar again, I think subconsciously I was hoping it was a bad April Fool's joke.

Oh well. I think this pretty much kisses any chance at an NCAA berth goodbye.
I dont even know what to write.
This is probably the worst thing that could have happened.
Ouch.
This really sucks. I am usually an extremely optimistic fan, but I really don't know if they can recover from this and make the tournament. They were going to have to play really well the next couple of weeks anyway. Man, this is terrible. I feel really bad for Patterson, it has to be a bad injury or he would play through it.Sad
ComfortEagle Wrote:This is probably the worst thing that could have happened.
Wow.
And dude, is that a zamboni cleaning the ice, you got as your signature now?
Uk without Patterson=No NCAA Tournament
Wow. That's a shocker, and also means UK will have to really pull together to win their last two home games to have a shot at the bubble. Best of luck in his rehab though so he can be ready for the run next season.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Wow.
And dude, is that a zamboni cleaning the ice, you got as your signature now?

Yep.
So who is gonna be able to start in his spot i say when Jodie Meeks gets healthy start a 4 guard line up with Stevenson at center
[SIZE=6]Believe!!!! [/SIZE]

I know without Patterson, UKs chances of making the NCAA tournament gets slimer but I think we can still win games w/o him.Players have to step there game up, I think the senior leadership from Crawford and Bradley we will still make the tourney!!!
I guess everyone is too shocked to post anything, because this is the biggest story of the year for UK.
Wow. This sucks. Now our second string center will be Carter.
Lately Coach has talked about on his radio show that he believe Carter is gonna impress people in the weeks to come, heres his chance.

We gotta stick it out, it gonna be tough but we can't lose hope, as MVP said we gotta believe. Here is a little speech I thought suited the situation.
Batpuff Wrote:I just want to know how in the **** he got injured. And my only other words to this is " ****!!!!!!"

Towards the end of the game he went up for a dunk and was fouled and as he came down he fell and I recall that he hobbled, came out for a minute or so then continued, guess there was more to it than that.
This does hurt UK but I think they can get through it. If Meeks would or could play more and at a higher level then it shouldnt hurt too bad. As long as we have the senior leadership of Crawford and Bradley we will be ok, it will be tough to make the tournament, but it would have been tough even with Patterson, this just makes it harder. Bad thing about this is we are stuck with Carter playing now and probably even more useless minutes for Coury and Harris. Whatever happens will be based on what decisions coach makes, how he uses players and in what situations and for how long.
Carter better bring his A GAME!!!!!!!
This is the most sickening news Ive heard in a while.
well i guess its just time to face the facts.....LETS GO TENNESSEE!!!!!AND LOUISVILLE!!!!LOL sorry guys gotta route for somebody in the tournament...haha
This is really heartbreaking news for UK. Weve been playing so good as of late, and it hurts to lose a star player, especially when your offense runs through him. I think this could possibly set a fire under UK, people are already doubting there current run, and now with Patterson out, I think people will completly dismiss them. Hopefully they take offense to this and take it out on the SEC.

I wonder if this injury will make Patterson re-think his decision on the NBA?
You know, I would like to think that the rest of team would step up and make up for Patterson's loss, but you have to face reality. The reality is that UK has just lost their most indispensible player for the season. If they had lost anyone else on the team, even Bradley or Crawford, they could've weathered the loss better than this. With Meeks possibly coming back, we would have had options at the perimeter spots, but there is no one to step in for PP's inside presence.

Anyone remember the Houston game? That's this team without Patterson.
I was driving around Louisville actually at Saints Pizza when I heard this on ESPN Radio and I just thought some Lville Fan was making this up. Well I just hope Carter or someone will step up and show something because the only way we will make the Tourny will be winning the SEC.
OMG Wrote:well i guess its just time to face the facts.....LETS GO TENNESSEE!!!!!AND LOUISVILLE!!!!LOL sorry guys gotta route for somebody in the tournament...haha

You could not pay me enough money to cheer for either of those teams, ever, no matter what. I hate them both.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:You could not pay me enough money to cheer for either of those teams, ever, no matter what. I hate them both.

WELL I LOVE UK, BUT I WENT TO SCHOOL AT UT, AND ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS GOES TO LOUISVILLE AND SO DOES MY SISTER SO IM GONNA HAVE TO ROUTE FOR THEM..
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Huge loss for UK. But let's not give up, hopefully someone can step up. If Meeks could get back, I think UK will be okay.
If we couldn't beat Houston without him, there's no way we're going to beat Tennessee, Florida, and maybe even South Carolina. I've always been a true believer through and through, but this guy was our leading scorer and rebounder. Without Meeks and now Patterson, guess we can go ahead and look forward to football, or ****, baseball is doing pretty well. haha
Wow. This is a complete shock.