Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cute Cheerleaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was at the Powell/Lee game last night and noticed how cute the Powell County cheerleaders looked in their ball uniforms, high socks and crazy hair. Seems like Estill may have started that trend last year and were criticized by doing so....but guess the other teams thought it was cute too. ( someone told me Owsley wore them too but I wasn't there for that game) I think it's cute and adds alot of spirit! I just wish Powell's coach would not let them have their drinks and cell phones on the stage while cheering. It just looks bad. Also, they had earrings in and I am not sure if that is NFG approved or not. Anyway, they looked cute and cheered hard and I am glad to see they had a good time.

Powell's student section is great, too. As long as they keep things in good spirit, and I think for the most part they did last night. I was behind them and couldn't really hear what they were saying too good.

Good Luck Pirates tonight, and to the Engineers too. Have fun!!:letsparty
I think pretty much all the teams at the 16th region tournament did that last year too. And some the year before that. I think it is cute in a way, but would rather teams do it during a game during regular season. Not tournament time
[quote=getchagameon]I was at the Powell/Lee game last night and noticed how cute the Powell County cheerleaders looked in their ball uniforms, high socks and crazy hair. Seems like Estill may have started that trend last year and were criticized by doing so....but guess the other teams thought it was cute too. ( someone told me Owsley wore them too but I wasn't there for that game) I think it's cute and adds alot of spirit! I just wish Powell's coach would not let them have their drinks and cell phones on the stage while cheering. It just looks bad. Also, they had earrings in and I am not sure if that is NFG approved or not. Anyway, they looked cute and cheered hard and I am glad to see they had a good time.

Powell's student section is great, too. As long as they keep things in good spirit, and I think for the most part they did last night. I was behind them and couldn't really hear what they were saying too good.

Good Luck Pirates tonight, and to the Engineers too. Have fun!!:letsparty[/QUOTE

Yeah what a difference a year makes!
yep. estill has done that for years.
they used to be the only team in that district that done that.
we thank owsley for giving us credit last year and asking if it was okay.
and as for powell wearing them....go figure, i wasnt suprised.
thats not the first thing powell has got from estill. haha
loves2cheer Wrote:yep. estill has done that for years.
they used to be the only team in that district that done that.
we thank owsley for giving us credit last year and asking if it was okay.
and as for powell wearing them....go figure, i wasnt suprised.
thats not the first thing powell has got from estill. haha

What else has Powell got from Estill? Cause if you mean talent, that most definitely aint true.
Belfry High School cheerleaders have dressed that way during tournament time for at least the past 4 years that I know of. They work hard during the season and it's a lot of fun to dress that way, especially for the seniors.
haha bluegrassballa. thats real cute
lets see, didnt give us credit like owsley did about the whole jersey thing.
they have about 5 of our cheers that we just got this year cuz we had 2 new girls that lcheered in a different state teach them to us, i went to one of powells games [[not against estill]] and here those cheerleaders go...whippin' out some of Estill's cheers. I tell you what...
Then we notice WOW they even fix their hair like us now.
man...they must LOVE us.

and no darlin' powell couldnt TOUCH estill's talent.
when i see powell throw fulls, double downs, & kick doubles...then i'll give the girls some credit. Then you can say all ya want buddy
loves2cheer Wrote:haha bluegrassballa. thats real cute
they have about 5 of our cheers that we just got this year cuz we had 2 new girls that lcheered in a different state teach them to us, i went to one of powells games [[not against estill]] and here those cheerleaders go...whippin' out some of Estill's cheers. I tell you what...
man...they must LOVE us.

when i see powell throw fulls, double downs, & kick doubles...then i'll give the girls some credit. Then you can say all ya want buddy

Why don't you grow up??? It's all a big game...Who cares about what people wear and Powell County hasn't had any new cheers this year other than what came from Georgetown College so don't even start that. And hair??? Lets see at regions PoCo had their hair in two braids and Estill didn't but at State PoCo didn't and Estill did....Who CARES!!!!!!! GOD GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!! And the Jerseys they did that for their boys.....There isn't anything that Powell needs from Estill...They have positive atitudes and good sportsman ship on top OF LOTS OF CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Just because someone does the same cheers doesn't mean that they were stolen just to spite someone. I'm sure that there are schools elsewhere in the US who do the same cheers as each other. It doesn't matter if you DO the same cheers, its HOW you do them. Heck, some college squads still to "Two Bits" at nationals. I'm sure they didn't steal them off peewee squads just to **** them off.

And there are only so many hairstyles out there. At one point in time someone is going to wear the same. And the ball jerseys, thats just a tournament time. That has been going on for years.
fyi stride. estill has wore their hair in 2 braids then pulled up in a ponytail for the past 3 years :]
Who cares.... sounds like a lot of nit picking to me.... cheerleaders everywhere do the same stuff.... the real question is who does it better?
loves2cheer Wrote:fyi stride. estill has wore their hair in 2 braids then pulled up in a ponytail for the past 3 years :]

You know what it doesn't even matter how Estill wore/wears their hair. Stop making a big deal out of it...........:mad:
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Just because someone does the same cheers doesn't mean that they were stolen just to spite someone. I'm sure that there are schools elsewhere in the US who do the same cheers as each other. It doesn't matter if you DO the same cheers, its HOW you do them. Heck, some college squads still to "Two Bits" at nationals. I'm sure they didn't steal them off peewee squads just to **** them off.

And there are only so many hairstyles out there. At one point in time someone is going to wear the same. And the ball jerseys, thats just a tournament time. That has been going on for years.

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]Agree hahaha..
Someone somewhere does the same cheers =]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
man...they must LOVE us.

Umm sure. Thats just why Powell got 4th in state? Didn't Estill get 5th or something? So yeah, they have more talent than Estill....if you can say Estil has talent. Oh yeah I forgot!! Powell also won the in-game competiton!! Which means, beat Estill. So yeah, we can touch Estill's talent and more.
man...they must LOVE us.

Yeah, you would come to a Powell game so you could videotape our cheers. And then you could blame us for taking your cheers.
Also, not only did Estill get beat by one video bid, but they got beat by two video bids!! Both Powell and bryan Station beat them!!
This thread is being watched. Stop the bickering.
looks like it started positive...
It did. And I tried to keep it that way, but...
yes i see that you did....I think some of the people that post on here do not really know a lot about cheerleading they are just on here to defend there team. There is nothing wrong with that. They just need to keep on the subject and not just try to stir up trouble.
man...they must LOVE us.

Cheerleading isn't all about stunts or tumbling, cheerleading is about spirit and being there for your team. Basketball is what started cheerleading. I want to congradulate Powell, Estill, Lee and Owsley for an awesome job cheering for their team and that is what cheerleading is about.
I love my basketball players at powell county they are awesome. I think that is what makes powell county good cheerleaders and I know all my fellow cheerleaders feel the same as I do. And FYI this is Taylor Southwood.
Right on,....that is why the in game competition is so unfair in ALL DISTRICTS. The girls and guys who cheer should be judged on all throughout the year so that they can concentrate on cheering for their teams not impressing judges. IMO it should be done away with altogether. In Game cheering should not be judged period. That is what the KAPOS competitions are for.
cheerforblue Wrote:looks like it started positive...

I try to keep my posts positive, but I might add some questions or my opinions...or even some constructive criticism along the way. If we can't give that then this forum is useless. It's just sad that people have to take things so personal. But we are all human and that is just how reactions go sometimes. I have been involved in sports, cheer, whatever for a very long time and know how hard the kids work. Some kids however, are more mature about handling things than others....but so are some adults. I assume MOST of the people who post on here are students but I could be wrong in that assumption. I am not...I am an adult who shamefully admits that sometimes posts get under my skin, just as it does everyone on here. Thanks for noting the positive start to this thread.

Have a great regional tourney everyone! "Hope your favorite team wins!!" ( quote from Alan Cutler and Mary Jo Perino , Channel 18 news) :letsparty
powell has not took anything from estill.. everyone knows thats true. why would they need anything from estill? Powells got everything. cute cheers, cute stunts, everything. Everyone has alike cheers , def. high school cheerleading teams, just cause powell is like everyone else and has a cheer like another team doesnt mean, omg they took it from estill. no it doesnt. Powell is a great team. they won the in game competition fair . They were tight, loud,and everything, and impressed the judges. Im sure if lee or owsley won they you guys would not be putting them down, but of course powell wins, and look what you all are doing. its pitiful and i dont understand. powell has had a great year. and you all know that. stop getting so mad about it!
pococheerleader_01 Wrote:powell has not took anything from estill.. everyone knows thats true. why would they need anything from estill? Powells got everything. cute cheers, cute stunts, everything. Everyone has alike cheers , def. high school cheerleading teams, just cause powell is like everyone else and has a cheer like another team doesnt mean, omg they took it from estill. no it doesnt. Powell is a great team. they won the in game competition fair . They were tight, loud,and everything, and impressed the judges. Im sure if lee or owsley won they you guys would not be putting them down, but of course powell wins, and look what you all are doing. its pitiful and i dont understand. powell has had a great year. and you all know that. stop getting so mad about it!

Nicely said. It isn't Powells fault they beat the other teams. But nice on job on winning the in-game competition!!
pococheerleader_01 Wrote:powell has not took anything from estill.. everyone knows thats true. why would they need anything from estill? Powells got everything. cute cheers, cute stunts, everything. Everyone has alike cheers , def. high school cheerleading teams, just cause powell is like everyone else and has a cheer like another team doesnt mean, omg they took it from estill. no it doesnt. Powell is a great team. they won the in game competition fair . They were tight, loud,and everything, and impressed the judges. Im sure if lee or owsley won they you guys would not be putting them down, but of course powell wins, and look what you all are doing. its pitiful and i dont understand. powell has had a great year. and you all know that. stop getting so mad about it!

TRUE SO TRUE:Cheerlead
man...they must LOVE us.

EVIDENTLY POWELL PASSED ESTILL'S TALENT. LET'S SEE ESTILL WON REGION THEN POWELL GOT 4TH AT STATE AND ESTILL 5TH .OK NOW SOMEONE SAID ON HERE THAT THE IN GAME WOULD SHOW THE BETTER TEAM AND YESSSSSSSSSS IT DID. AND NO DARLIN WE DON'T LOVE YOU . I CAN SAY WE LIKE YOU AS A TEAM BUT DON'T FLATTER YOURSELF:dontthink
Can someone close this before it starts up again?
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Can someone close this before it starts up again?

yes, please....where did all that come from??

But, you know if this thread closes, another will open and the same ole crap will start up again. EVERYONE needs to just get on with it. ( life, that is) There are far more important things to worry about than cheerleading or ball for that matter.
Sad
You're all acting like children.

Closed. Grow up or this forum may disappear all together.