Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Blue Screen Error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My computer has been Experiencing this. How do I fix it? I have Windows Vista. Any ideas on what i can do to fix this?
Trash it and get another version of windows.
Yep.... time to re-do windows
For the love of God, get rid of Vista.

I recommend MAC OSX
So theres nothing I can do to stop this from happeing?
Nothing that will permanently fix it.

I mean, you can take it to a technician and they might fix it, but it will just happen again within 6-8 months. On top of that, good luck finding a good technician that knows a lot about Vista...since it's newer, several might not be up to snuff.
So theres nothing "I" can do to fix it? cause I dont wanna spend money on an technician.
You could always try to reformat, but that's no fun.
I have no idea what that even means CE.
You would basically wipe all the existing information off of your computer, and then using the discs that came with it -> the Windows Vista operating system discs, you would reinstall Windows Vista fresh and new like the day you got it.

The idea is to wipe off anything that may be corrupt. The problem is, without any way of backing up your information, i.e. an external hard drive, you would lose all of your saved documents, pictures, music, etc.
ComfortEagle Wrote:You would basically wipe all the existing information off of your computer, and then using the discs that came with it -> the Windows Vista operating system discs, you would reinstall Windows Vista fresh and new like the day you got it.

The idea is to wipe off anything that may be corrupt. The problem is, without any way of backing up your information, i.e. an external hard drive, you would lose all of your saved documents, pictures, music, etc.

Couldnt I put my saved docouments on a Disc or some other kind of flash drive?
warriorpride Wrote:Couldnt I put my saved docouments on a Disc or some other kind of flash drive?

You could, but if you have a lot of music or movies that will take a lot of discs.
True. Im just going to defrag my Pc first move the harddrive and let it get sum more air cool it down a bit see if that will help it any first before I start resetting my computer. And I didnt even get any Cds with my computer everything was already preinstalled.
That's not good. You probably can't do a reformat then.
Yep lol So im Prayin like **** that this defrag does the job lol.
warriorpride Wrote:Yep lol So im Prayin like **** that this defrag does the job lol.
Do a system restore. It will let you reset your comp to a set date that happened before the blue screen happened. You will lose anything that was saved after the date you select from your system restore area.
I have tried it. When its done it says it can not be compleated due to a inspecific error.
warriorpride Wrote:I have tried it. When its done it says it can not be compleated due to a inspecific error.

Well then your only other choice is to reformat. But you have to have a disk. That might be a way for you to put something other then VISTA on there.
Well I though my computer was fixed but I guess not. A lil window poped up and this is what it says;

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 100000b8
BCP1: 84E20170
BCP2: 83E10A18
BCP3: 84E0D000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030708-02.dmp
C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-80870-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE983.tmp.version.txt

Can someone tell me what this all means?
A Blue Screen of Death (also known as a stop error, BSoD or bluescreen) is an error screen displayed by certain operating systems, most notably Microsoft Windows, after encountering a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down to prevent damage. Bluescreens can be caused by poorly written device drivers, faulty memory, a corrupt registry, an incompatible Dynamic-link library (DLL), or the computer overheating.
My guess is that you have some corrupted ram and may need some new ram.
I fixed the problem. I simply reformatted the computer.
warriorpride Wrote:I fixed the problem. I simply reformatted the computer.

Yeah,so it must not have been the ram this time.
I had that blue screen problem with xp as well as vista but my ram got corrupted which caused the blue screen with vista because when i reformatted windows would not install until I took out my 1gb chip that was corrupted.
When i got my windows reinstalled i put the ram back in to make sure it was the ram and it still crashed.

At least it was just some kind of corrupted registry problem on your end and not a ram problem.
Well,
What the Blue screen usually indicates is that the OS(operating system) failed because of a memory error. So it would most likely be a low RAM error, but it could also be a corrupted HDD. This means it could be a faulty install of Windows, or just a bad hard drive.

So what happened with Warriorpride is that he had a bad install.

:partyhard