Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 58 - Ole Miss 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i came close to having a heart attack when the three pointer went up for ol miss with 8 seconds left for the win, but thank the basketball Gods tonight because uk deserved to loose this one....great effort by ol' miss
Terrible!!!!!

UK deserved to lose that game. Absolutely ridiculous was the lack of defensive intensity and effort to get to the ball after that is what got them the big lead. A truely shameful performance.
FBALL Wrote:Terrible!!!!!

UK deserved to lose that game. Absolutely ridiculous was the lack of defensive intensity and effort to get to the ball after that is what got them the big lead. A truely shameful performance.

i agree the first half they played with passion and alot of intensity and they came out in the second half playing like they did against gardner-webb...

ALSO-IF YOUR NOT GONNA PLAY MARK COURY MORE THAN 2 MINUTES...STOP STARTING HIM!!!
that was awful UK should have lost and thank Crawford 4 on 1 break and he shoots a 3 that is why KY is 16-10 BS.
OMG Wrote:i agree the first half they played with passion and alot of intensity and they came out in the second half playing like they did against gardner-webb...

ALSO-IF YOUR NOT GONNA PLAY MARK COURY MORE THAN 2 MINUTES...STOP STARTING HIM!!!

Don't give them credit for the entire first half. They started slacking off before halftime. As good as they could play for 15 minutes and then cruise control. I would say Gillispie is peeling off some paint in the lockerroom.

Also give Ole Miss credit. They stepped up their intensity and UK never matched it.
rallo316 Wrote:that was awful UK should have lost and thank Crawford 4 on 1 break and he shoots a 3 that is why KY is 16-10 BS.
I actually had no problem with the shot. He was wide open and 3 guys stand around and watch Ole Miss get the rebound.
I cant handle these close games anymore, but I'll take a win no matter how we get it.

This was an overall horrible performance, UK didn't play really well in the first half, but thankfully Ole Miss played worse. Warren had a great game, and I hate that he's just a freshman, I'm sure I will get tired of seeing him.
FBALL Wrote:I actually had no problem with the shot. He was wide open and 3 guys stand around and watch Ole Miss get the rebound.

Totally agree, UK had 3 guys under the goal for the rebound, and not a one of them tried to get that ball. That wasn't Crawford's fault.
Thought the Cats were gonna blow it at the end. Keep it up Cats.
Not to change the subject, but I was just listening to the Duke and GT game and they said they believe that Patrick Paterson will go to the NBA this draft year. Anyways the Cats are one step closer to a by in the SEC tournament
Hornet Nation Wrote:Not to change the subject, but I was just listening to the Duke and GT game and they said they believe that Patrick Paterson will go to the NBA this draft year. Anyways the Cats are one step closer to a by in the SEC tournament

i thought he promised his grandma or mom or somebody that he was going to get a degree? i personally dont think he's anywhere near ready to go to the nba...randolph morris was alot better than him when he went to the nba the first time and you seen how that worked out...
Congrats CATS....
OMG Wrote:i thought he promised his grandma or mom or somebody that he was going to get a degree? i personally dont think he's anywhere near ready to go to the nba...randolph morris was alot better than him when he went to the nba the first time and you seen how that worked out...
I've heard the same thing about him staying and earning a degree. However, I will disagree with you for the fact that I think he is ready. You don't hear his name on ESPN because he plays for UK, who is "struggling" this year. If he had goen to Duke or Florida, he'd be a candidate for National Player of the Year (okay...maybe an exaggeration). One site had him being a lottery/early first round pick if he were to go after this season. Morris was lazy, and very rarely put forth the effort Patterson does on a nightly basis. There was a reason Morris wasn't picked, and there's a reason Patterson is a projected top 10-15 pick.
On Catspause.com someone posted a link to a group on Facebook that PP was a part of. He stated that he was not going pro. So, this is a non issue.

As for the game. I didn't really like the 3 point attempt by Crawford with the 4 on 1 break. He could have easily penetrated and dished for an easy layup. But I can understand why he took it too. You hit it, it's more or less a dagger in the heart of Ole Miss. I think that shot would have put them up by 16 and the crowd would have blown the roof off the place. The odds were in UK's favor to get the offensive rebound and put it back up for 2. But like someone stated, 3 guys decided to stand there and watch Ole Miss get the rebound.

Other than that, it's a win. I don't care how much we win by as long as we win. Unless we had beaten Ole Miss by 41, the point spread wasn't going to matter as long as their was a W in the column.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I've heard the same thing about him staying and earning a degree. However, I will disagree with you for the fact that I think he is ready. You don't hear his name on ESPN because he plays for UK, who is "struggling" this year. If he had goen to Duke or Florida, he'd be a candidate for National Player of the Year (okay...maybe an exaggeration). One site had him being a lottery/early first round pick if he were to go after this season. Morris was lazy, and very rarely put forth the effort Patterson does on a nightly basis. There was a reason Morris wasn't picked, and there's a reason Patterson is a projected top 10-15 pick.

well i dont think he's ready at all...but im no talent scout either so i guess we'll just wait and see....
I'll take the win.
Congrats CATS
Another game, another UGLY win, but I'll take it. Like others have said, UK deserved to lose tonight, they are fortunate they weren't playing a very talented team. Ole Miss outhustled and outworked them, thankfully the Rebels can't shoot worth a lick. Not many times you can score 58 and still win.
Way to go Cats!!!
Congrats Cats! A win is a win
Does it bother anyone that Billy G just stood there in the 2nd half looking like idoit?
Kentucky just wanted to show they have the ability to blow people out in the first half. In the second half they felt they had the obligation to give the fans an exciting game. Good show Cats!! lol.
RavenBoy Wrote:Does it bother anyone that Billy G just stood there in the 2nd half looking like idoit?

that seems to be his normal posture...lol
CORDELL WALKER Wrote:Kentucky just wanted to show they have the ability to blow people out in the first half. In the second half they felt they had the obligation to give the fans an exciting game. Good show Cats!! lol.

i wish for everyone's sake that was really it, but its not they really just let completly down....and its sickening..
RavenBoy Wrote:Does it bother anyone that Billy G just stood there in the 2nd half looking like idoit?
No. Because I thought he looked really ticked off. It was the guys on the court standing around watching rebounds go to the other team that looked like idiots.
Louisville is now doing their best UK impression against Notre Dame. What is it with the state of Kentucky?
I just noticed this, but this is the first time UK has had more than 9 wins in SEC play since the 04-05 season.